Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

im sorry if im being totally ignorant here but isn't that band of snow in the south intensifying as it heads further inland? could there be a possibility that it could indeed get to the west midlands?

Nah, if you run a radar loop you will see that it is simply rotating. Will barely make it into the east midlands, let alone the west.

Posted

im sorry if im being totally ignorant here but isn't that band of snow in the south intensifying as it heads further inland? could there be a possibility that it could indeed get to the west midlands?

here is a very slight chance that the main band of precip' can get into the west midlands, but it's not looking too good.

On a plus point and good frosts we get due to the lack of cloud cover will see any snow that falls the next few days, sticking.

I have some hope for the precip' tonight though :diablo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Showers in ther North seem to be struggling to make it South. Not surprised really!

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

I'm well Pi**ed off right now.

Look at the radar... band of snow in the East and South East. Up North.. Big beefy snow showers, one after the other. Then you look and see a gap around Lincolnshire where there is hardly any showers whatsoever. And that means the Midlands is getting sod all.

Really angry.

Posted

Nah, if you run a radar loop you will see that it is simply rotating. Will barely make it into the east midlands, let alone the west.

I disagree somewhat, if you run the satilite image, the core of the low is heading for approximately London, so we may be able to spin a little more snow this way.

That warwickshire is still in the yellow warning zone is encouraging, the meto follow these situation carefully when they are happening and change warnings accordingly, every hour.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

well its been clear as a bell here since half 5, still my attention on weekend but countryfile weather looked pants for weekend

Posted

I disagree somewhat, if you run the satilite image, the core of the low is heading for approximately London, so we may be able to spin a little more snow this way.

That warwickshire is still in the yellow warning zone is encouraging, the meto follow these situation carefully when they are happening and change warnings accordingly, every hour.

i agree! there is a slight chance here as i noticed the core of that low too! pardon.gif

Posted

Well this is really doing my head in - the snow band is and has been about 5-10 miles southeast of here for the past hour or so. We've had the odd snowflake in the wind but that's about it really. To add insult to injury the only snow on the car is from a heavy shower in Bedford whilst at work between about 2-3pm. Here just a few grainy bits on the grass and pavements.

Posted

the latest 18z precipitation maps has it a bit further west.

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gfse_cartes.php?&ech=12&mode=2

Posted

Well this is really doing my head in - the snow band is and has been about 5-10 miles southeast of here for the past hour or so. We've had the odd snowflake in the wind but that's about it really. To add insult to injury the only snow on the car is from a heavy shower in Bedford whilst at work between about 2-3pm. Here just a few grainy bits on the grass and pavements.

same here...doing my head in.

post-9498-12610857258693_thumb.png

Posted

the latest 18z precipitation maps has it a bit further west.

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gfse_cartes.php?&ech=12&mode=2

According to that though even Leicester would get a few cm's from it and that band is going to have to do miracles to reach Leicester now, it's already past here to the South East. I don't buy that GFS precip chart whatsoever.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

Here a link to where the main showers are going

http://www.meteox.com/h.aspx?r=&jaar=-3&soort=loop1uur

Doesn`t look promising for the midlands at the moment.

Edited by phil n.warks.

Posted

Here a link to where the main showers are going

http://www.meteox.com/h.aspx?r=&jaar=-3&soort=loop1uur

Doesn`t look promising for the midlands at the moment.

Radar looks about as promising as a kick in the teeth.

Have forecasters dropped a clanger. People in the SE are already saying they have 3-8cm, they wereinitially only forecast 5-10 and this isn't the main event. I'm so jealous

Don't even mention the South East, they have bands of snow down there that aren't even moving anywhere, they will probably see 20cm by Sunday. Me jealous? You damn right I am. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Work... Cold but clear. Fun.. 12" of snow!

Time for bed?? Unlike you I need every ounce of beauty sleep!ph34r.gif

Posted

the main event backs up to over Holland still, so could still deliver for the southeast dramatically.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/satpics/latest_uk_ir.html

that's what we should be watching too rather than the precipitaiton that's already over england.

Edited by cyclonic happiness

Posted

Time for bed?? Unlike you I need every ounce of beauty sleep!ph34r.gif

Time to top myself more like :)

2 inches already in some parts in the South East and this isn't the main event... I am jealous as... well every swear word you can get together :)

Posted

Don't even mention the South East, they have bands of snow down there that aren't even moving anywhere, they will probably see 20cm by Sunday. Me jealous? You damn right I am. :)

Yup i am gutted too :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Although im not surprised at the usual Snow Joke here, its dissapointing to see the SE bags all again with sod all for us. Rarely do we get a noteworthy event. The media will be hyping the SE event in the morning plainly because a bit of snow fell there-who cares about anywhere else type attitude. :)

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

Time to top myself more like :D

2 inches already in some parts in the South East and this isn't the main event... I am jealous as... well every swear word you can get together :)

You tart!!!

We still have the weekend and all of the rest of the winter, just think how much rope you'll waste trying to top yourself!! :)

Evening everyone, will open a new thread in a few minutes ;)

OMG I can see some "graupel"......quick.......grab it!!!! :)