Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Northants snow!!

Latest radar! looking better for us.good.gif

Can you post a link to the radar pls , cheers!!!!!

Posted

Yes, that would place the main push of snow further north and west which is precisely what we want in order to make it the RIGHT side of marginal for Northants and Warwickshire.

SNAP!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

I know I keep being negative, but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Dont worry im not-weve had so many let downs here. For example we missed all the showers today however it looks better than what i thought it would right now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & thunder storms.

Here in Hinckley (leicestershire/warwickshire border) we have had a couple of snow showers earlier today but none of it stuck. The temp was 4.2, it went really dark and started to snow, the temp dropped to 1.5 in a couple of minutes. Its currently -1.1c with clear skies and some gusty winds.

The weather forecasts for us range from some snow to no snow. So I'm heading for the window far to frequently in hope its clouded up and snowing :)

Just going to watch country file, hope they have good news in their forecast.

Good luck everyone for snow where ever you are.

Posted

didnt like robs forecast at all. it showed rain on saturday night for the midlands

Will be marginal, but we are on the right side of marginal for once.

Posted

Francis Wilson isn't giving us Midlanders much hope for tonight and tomorrow.

However, by Saturday, the winds will veer to the NW and will pull some precipitation down. He only mentioned London though which annoyed me as surely London will be the least effected. Showers will then flirt around the NW so they could get pushed down to us

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

didnt like robs forecast at all. it showed rain on saturday night for the midlands

I wondered that too. GFS is for snow all the way really and the ingredients look pretty good e.g A dewpoint around -1c etc. I think snow is quite likely.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

I wondered that too. GFS is for snow all the way really and the ingredients look pretty good e.g A dewpoint around -1c etc. I think snow is quite likely.

is a worry because Michael Fish seemed to suggest rain and sleet, im hoping for a repeat of april 6th 08 loads of snow from weekend northerly, but with it being december should stay out of sun

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW!

Shameless plug for the netweather radar - it's brilliant and well worth the money when we're coming up to a cold or stormy spell. I've got the full package but i believe the radar only is only a few quid for the month. Please go and purchase it for the month as it's one of the important things that keep the forum going (for just the price of a pint!). You can zoom into your postcode to see where the precipation is coming from, you can put all sorts of things there, temps, dewpoints, precipation type, 850s, 500s, wind vectors, CAPE for the storms, etc. I don't mind posting the odd one but it'd be great if this cold spell could bring a bit more income to the site if you're able to - it'll be a couple of quid worth spending, I promise you - you'll seem like Mystic Meg to your mates/family/colleagues. I was at work at lunch time and said there'll be a heavy snow shower in about 20 minutes and lo and behold it appeared, ha ha!

post-5563-12610805402117.txt

Posted

Francis Wilson isn't giving us Midlanders much hope for tonight and tomorrow.

However, by Saturday, the winds will veer to the NW and will pull some precipitation down. He only mentioned London though which annoyed me as surely London will be the least effected. Showers will then flirt around the NW so they could get pushed down to us

Francis always does this. Legendary forecaster but he has a south-east bias I'm afraid.

Posted

is a worry because Michael Fish seemed to suggest rain and sleet, im hoping for a repeat of april 6th 08 loads of snow from weekend northerly, but with it being december should stay out of sun

mmmm maybe a worry or him just being cautious, you can't blame him, everyone I've heard from has little idea of what is comming to pass, IMO it will be snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

What us Midlanders need to keep an eye on is that line of PPN up near East Yorkshire and Teeside.

Later on overnight when the winds veer more Northerly those showers will penetrate over places like Yorkshire, Derbyshire Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire (hopefully lol) Birmingham area, Warwickshire.

Northampton should get some snow from that main band in Norfolk but for anywhere North of Northampton then in my opinion it's best to forget that main band and look towards the North East where those showers are at present.

This is how I see the showers and PPN panning out overnight...

The Black area is where I expect the showers to move down across from the North East and the other area is where I expect the main band near Norfolk to affect.

post-2115-12610806654937_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW!

Shameless plug for the netweather radar - it's brilliant and well worth the money when we're coming up to a cold or stormy spell. I've got the full package but i believe the radar only is only a few quid for the month. Please go and purchase it for the month as it's one of the important things that keep the forum going (for just the price of a pint!). You can zoom into your postcode to see where the precipation is coming from, you can put all sorts of things there, temps, dewpoints, precipation type, 850s, 500s, wind vectors, CAPE for the storms, etc. I don't mind posting the odd one but it'd be great if this cold spell could bring a bit more income to the site if you're able to - it'll be a couple of quid worth spending, I promise you - you'll seem like Mystic Meg to your mates/family/colleagues. I was at work at lunch time and said there'll be a heavy snow shower in about 20 minutes and lo and behold it appeared, ha ha!

post-5563-12610807245264.txt

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Brrrrr!....its cold!...just got home from work....nice dusting of snow here in Penkridge.....currently -2C, thats chilly in my book....I got caught in a very heavy snow shower around 2:30 this afternoon on the M6 near speghetti junction...everything ground to a halt, driving was hazardous, could hardly see a thing!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

What us Midlanders need to keep an eye on is that line of PPN up near East Yorkshire and Teeside.

Later on overnight when the winds veer more Northerly those showers will penetrate over places like Yorkshire, Derbyshire Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire (hopefully lol) Birmingham area, Warwickshire.

Northampton should get some snow from that main band in Norfolk but for anywhere North of Northampton then in my opinion it's best to forget that main band and look towards the North East where those showers are at present.

This is how I see the showers and PPN panning out overnight...

The Black area is where I expect the showers to move down across from the North East and the other area is where I expect the main band near Norfolk to affect.

I hope your right, the reason why we have a quiet slot is becausewe'r between the two , a bit like straight after a heavy shower you get a clear patch , but if what your saying is right , once the wind veers northerly wouldnt that stop the showers coming inland and ta showers bk to the coast??????cc_confused.gifcc_confused.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & thunder storms.

I have just been outside, there are now a few clouds, not many and they are moving quite quickly. The wind is really picking up and is a constant blow.

Sorry if the descriptions are a bit play school but I don't know the techy terms.