Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

drinks.gif Well well well ,just as predicted snow showers penetrating inland and gues what the brummies had a direct hit.

At 2pm we had quite a heavy snow shower lastin 10-15 mins leaving slight covering in many places. Im happy with that!

Pics coming soon!

Posted

some in the south east and east anglia thread are now getting worried.

seems the front is shifting more north and west .

there's hope yet

They posted any evidence of this?

Posted

Everything seems to be now heading way South .. worring times for Leicester .. We need some showers to start building to the NE to stand any chance of getting into tonight's band of snow.

Another light snow shower just gone by here. A real winter's day out there today! Is quite cold, and a couple of snow showers is nice, though I wish we could get some of the heavy, prolonged snowfall that's predicted for the south east. Shame.

Wow i`m only about 25 miles southeast of birmingham and the snow now is anything but light :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

We had a big snow shower in Stratford - sent everyone running for cover!

Posted

Another showing moving in now, looks like they will be becoming more frequent over the next few hours too. Already a slight dusting in places.

Posted

Another light snow flurry here. I think this one could be the last for a while looking at the radar. I need to go and do something else for a while...I'm totally unrelaxed and on edge at the moment. :yahoo:

Posted

Heres the pics i managed to capture, luckily i was in town (brum) at 2pm when he had the mini blizzardyahoo.gif...

post-8071-12610623964077_thumb.jpg

post-8071-12610625106607_thumb.jpg

post-8071-12610625916167_thumb.jpg

post-8071-12610626456229_thumb.jpg

post-8071-12610626967962_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Showers that size are only lasting about 5mins and not amounting to anything. We need some showers to merge together to give alonger period of snow for anything to settle.

Is it the 700hpa wind vectors on NW radar that show the general direction of showers ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

Heres the pics i managed to capture, luckily i was in town (brum) at 2pm when he had the mini blizzardyahoo.gif...

WOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWW!! thats well top!!! wish I had that!!!! lol!! Funny how you western lot are getting a hell of a lot more snow than us here in the east! (well Notts) Brum seems to be doing really well!! I'm still in the "dead zone" with no showers heading my way for at least an hour or 2 I think... dry.gif

Posted

Another light snow flurry here. I think this one could be the last for a while looking at the radar. I need to go and do something else for a while...I'm totally unrelaxed and on edge at the moment. crazy.gif

LOL

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

Anyone in Stoke area reported snow yet?

On the radar there is a big red blob up there which is heading in a general shropshire direction, but wondering if it is really snow.

After claiming I would eat my hat if we had snow here today at 9am, im now starting to wonder if its possible, thats a long way for the showers to have penetraited in land if they do reach here!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Damn, these Northants showers are missing me by just a few miles each time

Posted

Damn, these Northants showers are missing me by just a few miles each time

It settled a bit on roofs and cars before fizzling away.

Edited by NorthantsSnow

Posted

Anyone in Stoke area reported snow yet?

On the radar there is a big red blob up there which is heading in a general shropshire direction, but wondering if it is really snow.

After claiming I would eat my hat if we had snow here today at 9am, im now starting to wonder if its possible, thats a long way for the showers to have penetraited in land if they do reach here!

hi,yeah it just snowed for about 5-10 mins,light dusting here now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

I think we had a flurry or two earlier but as far as im aware we have had nothing. :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

Were back... I have to say during the down time about 3.45 we had a snow shower... cant belive they got this far today, the next lot looked to have fizzled out but theres more north east of stoke/staffordshire, so who knows..

Think Telford had a little more than here looking at the radar over the last hour (and its slighty higher!)

Hat well and truley eaten!

Posted

Had absolutely telephone box all here all day, yet brum city 10 miles to my east, had some heavy snow earlier covering everything. FRUSTRATING :lol:

Posted

Good news for anyone over higher ground and towards the eastern counties of the west Midlands. Met Office have updated their forecast predicting light or heavy snow showers feeding in off that strong NNE wind. Like I said, all it takes is one fairl heavy shower and we'll have 1-2" on the ground by morning, and it won't melt fast either, as a frost, which may be severe should form under -5 temps in some places.

So it looks like we may not miss out entirely.

yep, agreed

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/wm/birmingham_forecast_weather.html

Snow showers all through the night drinks.gif . Was showing dry all night before this update!