Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Apparently we had a snow flurry this afternoon. But I was in a classroom with the blinds down so I didn't actually see it!

My radar has got stuck on 3.30pm, which is annoying.

not had a dusting?, even in town at 80m was lying as a sprinkling

Posted

Apparently we had a snow flurry this afternoon. But I was in a classroom with the blinds down so I didn't actually see it!

My radar has got stuck on 3.30pm, which is annoying.

Evening everybody. Same here Nick! Just when you don't want the NW radar to go down, it happens.

Backup @ www.raintoday.co.uk.

Local radio station BBC Radio Northampton is warning of "periods of snow" tonight and very low temps.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

not had a dusting?, even in town at 80m was lying as a sprinkling

Nope, no evidence of it whatsoever. Only found out just that we actually had something.

Evening everybody. Same here Nick! Just when you don't want the NW radar to go down, it happens.

Backup @ www.raintoday.co.uk.

Local radio station BBC Radio Northampton is warning of "periods of snow" tonight and very low temps.

Working again now, probably won't need it though. Showers get into Derbyshire and just die.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frost, fog and ice!

Hi guys

We had a heavy snow shower this afternoon and it has left a dusting. Just been outside and we had another very light shower. The lying snow has already frozen over.

Posted

Hi guys

We had a heavy snow shower this afternoon and it has left a dusting. Just been outside and we had another very light shower. The lying snow has already frozen over.

Where was that then? Brum?

Posted

Francis Wilson on Sky News says draw a line from the Wash to the IOW and anywhere right of that is in the snow zone for tonight. :)

As Polar Low mentioned, latest regional forecast for the East Mids by the Met Office is very good. Worth pasting into here:

Headline:

Bitterly cold and windy with widespread snow showers.

This Evening and Tonight:

Mostly cloudy with sleet or snow showers continuing through the evening and night producing a covering of snow over much of the region and several centimetres of snow over some eastern parts. A widespread frost with icy conditions forming. Minimum temperature -3 °C.

:cold::)

Posted

Snow is being recorded in Wales now but nothing in Shrewsbury still.

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=wisi;sess=

This says we're in for snow today. Never mind, there's still time. Does anyone know when Shrewsbury could see some snow, is it saturday?

Has Telford had any snow? They usually do!!!

Posted

Why have the members locations randomly disappeared again?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Flippin ECK. Been out since 1pm, just got in. Well I got a face full of snow earlier waiting at the bus stop :cold:

Waiting at the bus stop around 2pm, came up really dark and I knew it was going to hammer it down. it came down really heavy and left a dusting and I thought it was going to melt but its stayed around my area all afternoon and it's frozen over now, it's absolutely trecherous out there now, it's like an ice rink. I'm not happy with those showers going to the North of Leicester at the moment though :) Theres loads in the North East, not many coming towards my area.

Posted

Yes, already nearly -1c here, even if we don't get any snow tonight there should still be some pretty low temperatures.

Just changed batteries in indoor sensor.

Temp dropped to -0.4deg C

Posted

Why have the members locations randomly disappeared again?

My avitar came and went too (or more accu'ly went and came but sounds iffy like that)...

Snow in the system...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Hi all, just read in the east/south east forum some1 said , the low is creating new cells off the main 1 , they also had a link with it, and it seems to me that we'r gonna get some of this , imo , not bias ! (dunno bout the spellin there) i think we could be supprised tonight , any thoughts??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW!

My weather station is saying -2.1 temp and -4.3 dewpoint so anything that falls here is gonna be snow (I'm in Polesworth, Nr Tamworth, Staffs) - just gotta get those showers to last the journey now. They keep blummin' fizzling out just before they get here though.

Posted

Showers seem to be dying out and staying to far to the north atm. :good:

Posted

Nobody should be disappointed to see those showers dying out as they move inland. The BBC, Met Office and past experience all tell us that this was going to happen! It was NEVER going to be a Midlands event, anything that we do get should be seen as a bonus.

Posted

I know Shefali Oza is a terrible forecaster, but that one has to take the biscuit for the worst one she has ever done.

Started at midday today (why I do not know) and only went out to 5am tomorrow morning! Absolutely diabolical. I could have done a better forecast than that.

Posted

did say snow in the east and sout east of the region though, so definately a change in the forecast there, i would be right over to the very east of the west mids forecast (hinckley) so i have an outside chance maybe. Hopefully the trend of it beingfurther north and west continues right up until it covers us all in snow

Edited by SnowTornado