Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

I hope your right, the reason why we have a quiet slot is becausewe'r between the two , a bit like straight after a heavy shower you get a clear patch , but if what your saying is right , once the wind veers northerly wouldnt that stop the showers coming inland and ta showers bk to the coast??????cc_confused.gifcc_confused.gif

No because they won't be straight Northerly, just more of a Northerly element than they have currently, I guess a NNE rather than ENE like they are at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

hey guys when we are posting can we put our locations up because i hate not knowing where you all are cc_confused.gif

Yes I agree, for now I think we should all put our locations in our signatures.

Posted

This is how I see the showers and PPN panning out overnight...

The Black area is where I expect the showers to move down across from the North East and the other area is where I expect the main band near Norfolk to affect.

Nice chart Andy. I hope that comes off. To be honest I'm not that impressed with the radar at the moment. It's going to be a very close one for us and by no means a done deal.

Doesn't help that the Accuweather toolbar is falsesly reporting snow at the bottom of the screen.

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/7885/weathertoolbar.png

Posted

Nice chart Andy. I hope that comes off. To be honest I'm not that impressed with the radar at the moment. It's going to be a very close one for us and by no means a done deal.

Doesn't help that the Accuweather toolbar is falsesly reporting snow at the bottom of the screen.

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/7885/weathertoolbar.png

It's gunna be mega close for Northants that band is!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

I think Northants will get some snow at least. I'm a bit confused by the Warks alerts, can't see us getting anything tbh.

Posted

I hope everything works out overnight for you E.Mid folk, you could have a good 2/3 inches if it works out. Me on the other hand...looking to the weekend and you never know, i could catch an odd shower and get a cm or 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

The radar which some1 has just put a link to in the southeast forum shows what looks to me like streamers the north of the main band of ppn , which has out name on it . I would put the link but im having loads of probs with my computer and its s@#t!!! Go an have a look

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Have had a look but can't see anything that's likely to make it to me in Stratford Upon Avon. Loving the reports of thundersnow in the SE though, sounds fantastic.

Posted

I have just purchased the NW Radar sub, but can't find any instructions how to use it?

Where can I put my postcode?

Anyone know please?

Posted

Is it just me or does situations like this when snow is possibly coming but you aren't sure.. Does it make you stressed out big style? Lmao it makes me well stressed when it snows, I think it's bad for my health so it's a good job it doesen't happen often!

Posted

Even if we don't get anything from this spell (if we don't I will be bitterly disappointed), remember that we still have the rest of winter to go through. It is very early days yet, in recent years we have had to wait until February just to get a half-decent cold spell.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Even if we don't get anything from this spell (if we don't I will be bitterly disappointed), remember that we still have the rest of winter to go through. It is very early days yet, in recent years we have had to wait until February just to get a half-decent cold spell.

dosent look likely, countryfile weather looked mainly dry for weekend onwards

Posted

I have just purchased the NW Radar sub, but can't find any instructions how to use it?

Anyone know please?

Type in your postcode in the box I have highlighted, then press "zoom in" which is to the right of it :aggressive:

post-7600-12610836216945_thumb.jpg

Posted

Francis Wilson has just indicated winds from the continent come Monday. I hope this will bring some precipitation up and as it hits the cold air over central England, it turns to snow. Who knows, it depends if the cold air can hack it in a battle

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Work... Cold but clear. Fun.. 12" of snow!

Is it just me or does situations like this when snow is possibly coming but you aren't sure.. Does it make you stressed out big style? Lmao it makes me well stressed when it snows, I think it's bad for my health so it's a good job it doesen't happen often!

Having 200 turkeys on order and worrying whether your gonna pull it off stresses me!! wallbash.gif

As does not knowing wherE all these posts are coming from!!!pardon.gif

Melton Mowbray... home of the s***ing pie, b4 certain people bring it up.....AGAIN!!ph34r.gif

Andy, look out your window in 16 minutes!!!! because we got SNOW!!drinks.gif

Edited by ECHOBASE1975MK6

Posted

Type in your postcode in the box I have highlighted, then press "zoom in" which is to the right of it :aggressive:

Thanks, that works great! :whistling:

Edited by xanadu

Posted

Having 200 turkeys on order and worrying whether your gonna pull it off stresses me!! wallbash.gif

As does not knowing wherE all these posts are coming from!!!pardon.gif

Melton Mowbray... home of the s***ing pie, b4 certain people bring it up.....AGAIN!!ph34r.gif

LMAO you tart :aggressive:

Posted

guys i know we are marginal for snow in the west midlands but can i just say that the bbc weather site said it would be sleet in suffolk tonight and they are having thunder snow atm! snow is very difficult to predict!

Posted

Anyone know please?

Hi xanadu,

Type in postcode in the box to the right of 'Postcode Zoom' click Fav (again to the right)

The box you can move around with the mouse gets bigger if you hold shift and 'pull it' with the mouse for a specific zoom.

Working today in Smethwick (Nr Birmingham, West Midlands)13:20 - 13:40 a brief but quite potent snow shower passed by.

Currently clear and cold -1.9°C

(Cheslyn Hay- South Staffs)

Edited by LeeKay

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Work... Cold but clear. Fun.. 12" of snow!

LMAO you tart laugh.gif

Andy, look out your window in 16 minutes!!!! because we got SNOW!!drinks.gif

Just in case you don`t see my added bit above !!!ph34r.gif

LoL, or now on page 21!!

Edited by ECHOBASE1975MK6

Posted

We had a 10 minute light snow mixed with graupel shower here at 3:30pm; that was all despite seeing several towering clouds to the E and SE. Hopefully it can freeze tonight so anything that does manage to get here will have a chance to settle; the sunshine today thankfully dried the ground out.................

EDIT: Just checked and it is clear and ice is forming on surfaces- it can't rain/sleet/snow-but-not-stick tonight surely????

Edited by Summer of 95

Posted

Hi xanadu,

Type in postcode in the box to the right of 'Postcode Zoom' click Fav (again to the right)

The box you can move around with the mouse gets bigger if you hold shift and 'pull it' with the mouse for a specific zoom.

Working today in Smethwick (Nr Birmingham, West Midlands)13:20 - 13:40 a brief but quite potent snow shower passed by.

Currently clear and cold -1.9°C

(Cheslyn Hay- South Staffs)

Thanks LeeKay.

Have it working now. ;)

Posted

im sorry if im being totally ignorant here but isn't that band of snow in the south intensifying as it heads further inland? could there be a possibility that it could indeed get to the west midlands?