Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

I know Shefali Oza is a terrible forecaster, but that one has to take the biscuit for the worst one she has ever done.

Started at midday today (why I do not know) and only went out to 5am tomorrow morning! Absolutely diabolical. I could have done a better forecast than that.

You are so right. Its so bad. :D Very little or no mention of snow over the weekend when its really quite likely. Very scared to go further than 12 hours out tonight. Absoloutley awful.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

I know Shefali Oza is a terrible forecaster, but that one has to take the biscuit for the worst one she has ever done.

Started at midday today (why I do not know) and only went out to 5am tomorrow morning! Absolutely diabolical. I could have done a better forecast than that.

i never watch her lol, worst ever, countryfile weather on at 8.45ish i assume, thought I caught Michael Fish saying sat-sun just rain and sleet? what do you reckon for sat night?

Posted

dreadful i know, imho, our only hope is saturday night for snow as it stands. dan corbett said there could be a covering from a weaker system

Edited by azores92

Posted

Definitely an "upgrade" on the latest BBC national with the band of snow further north and west than previous forecasts. Good news for those posters based in Northants. :D

Edited by NorthantsSnow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

i never watch her lol, worst ever, countryfile weather on at 8.45ish i assume, thought I caught Michael Fish saying sat-sun just rain and sleet? what do you reckon for sat night?

I don't think I will watch her again.

I reckon we have a good chance, but I think we will just have to wait and see as nobody really knows at the moment. If has appeared on the GFS run after run so I think we can now expect a decent covering for Sunday morning. With the very suppressed temperatures and very weak sunshine it probably won't melt very easily.

Posted

You have to love the bit at the start where she ran through the charts out to sunday, yet the weather fronts moved but te precip stayed in 1 spot???

Posted

You have to love the bit at the start where she ran through the charts out to sunday, yet the weather fronts moved but te precip stayed in 1 spot???

I noticed that as well :whistling:

Was an absolute joke.

Posted

hey all my fellow midlanders! Been a while since i've posted i know but i have been reading the model discussion thread everyday for the last three weeks trying to understand the models. rolleyes.gif Anyway in redditch worc today we got a wicked blizzardy shower for about 30 mins! it was great! yahoo.gif Its very dangerous outside now with ice everywhere and snow still laying from earlier. im gonna be doing an allnighter watching my lamp post! Im sure we will get somemore (not based on any evidence) just got a feelin we will! tease.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

good.gif

Definitely an "upgrade" on the latest BBC national with the band of snow further north and west than previous forecasts. Good news for those posters based in Northants. drunk.gif

Yea i saw that , the bbc24 had more snow over the mids , its a case of now casting as ever , keeps ever1 on there toes too! Theres no reason why it wont be different as it comes , its always sightly different , i think a coverin isnt out the question good.gifrofl.gif

Posted

-1.5 in Shrewsbury, clear skies to the West but cloudy skies to the north and east. Any precipitation will surely be snow.

Shefali's forecast was strange and it seems to be that sat/sun are out best snow chances. Everything has been playing the snow down. Only yesterday late/today did they give a big warning for the snow in the SE that has materialised. Lets hope our chances can upgrade.

Posted

We had a couple of really good snow showers earlier (in Bedworth, north warks), which gave a slight covering and left the roads like ice rinks!!! no bloody gritters again!

Looks much better for us this side of the midlands, wouldn't be surprised to see another dusting overnight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00pgps6/b00pgprm/BBC_Weather_16_12_2009/ < now thats a good forecast, although he maybe slightly insane. lol

yeah Rob mcelwee the best, hope he does the countryfile later today

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Definitely an "upgrade" on the latest BBC national with the band of snow further north and west than previous forecasts. Good news for those posters based in Northants. :whistling:

But not in Leicester I guess?

F.F.S lol.

Anyway pic from earlier when I was on the bus to town when it snowed heavy for 10-15 mins...

post-2115-12610771393656_thumb.jpg

Posted

yeah Rob mcelwee the best, hope he does the countryfile later today

Shame Rob isn't a member on here. Best forecaster of the lot :whistling:

Looking good tonight for warwickshire which is the only west midland county with warnings out :), love living here as we seem to have a chance with easterly setups like tonight and northwesterly cheshire gap showers too like at the weekend and as we are centre of england as far away from the sea as possible we get very frosty nights especially in rural valleys. :whistling:

Posted

is the main low pressure system on more of a west/south/west heading now? or is it due to shear off more southerly?

http://www.sat24.nl/nl

Posted

But not in Leicester I guess?

F.F.S lol.

Anyway pic from earlier when I was on the bus to town when it snowed heavy for 10-15 mins...

Wow, nice little accumulation there considering.

The Met Office are predicting widespread snow showers over our region tonight including Leics, but the main band of snow as I say will stretch from N Norfolk right the way down through Cambs, the home counties and into Oxfordshire. Northants looked to be on the very edge of the action up to now but on the latest forecasts we looked to be on the right side of it. I think the risk has definitely pushed a little further NW which could for us mean the difference between nothing/very little and some accumulating snow.

Posted

Looking good tonight for warwickshire which is the only west midland county with warnings out :), love living here as we seem to have a chance with easterly setups like tonight and northwesterly cheshire gap showers too like at the weekend and as we are centre of england as far away from the sea as possible we get very frosty nights especially in rural valleys. :whistling:

been below freezing her since 3.30ish pm, and we have a bit of snowcover already so this may turn into a very cold night, and let's hope for some more snow ay? (bedworth north warks)

Posted

This map I have drawn is similar to the bands of snow expected overnight shown on BBC Look East weather earlier.

image2q.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Wow, nice little accumulation there considering.

The Met Office are predicting widespread snow showers over our region tonight including Leics, but the main band of snow as I say will stretch from N Norfolk right the way down through Cambs, the home counties and into Oxfordshire. Northants looked to be on the very edge of the action up to now but on the latest forecasts we looked to be on the right side of it. I think the risk has definitely pushed a little further NW which could for us mean the difference between nothing/very little and some accumulating snow.

Yeh it was nice to see :) It's frozen over now and it's mega dangerous out there.

Hmmm if you look on the radar the big problem for us is... There seems to be a gap between the big beefy showers in the North East and the band of snow near Norfolk. and that gap is where the showers for Northants and Leicester are coming from :whistling:

Posted

This map I have drawn is similar to the bands of snow expected overnight shown on BBC Look East weather earlier.

image2q.jpg

Nice map! Yes, I definitely like this one and fully concur. This one's a banker! :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

image2q.jpg

Lol 3 miles NW and it's over Cheltenham! Let's hope so.

If you're right, at least I could see some snow incredibly close :whistling: