Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Light snow with some larger flakes thrown in here in Ipswich now. By the looks of the radar there could be a couple more showers over here in East Suffolk this afternoon

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SnOw and SuMmEr!!! :D

Clouding over now =????

its been cloudy for a few hours here but still nothing wallbash.gif

sorry nothing more should i say!

Edited by angel23

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, Snow in Winter

Typical, all the snow was west of me last night, i bet it's going to be east of me tonight. I need to move :yahoo:

Seasalter, Whitstable

The next shower is moving straight at whitstable.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Yep your right, just started snowing. :lol:

It should get heavier and heavier and turn into big flakes , but will take a little time with this one...

Sun is coming out again :yahoo:

Edited by neilsouth

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and hot in summer

Sky filled in again in Rochester - maybe more snow on the way? Gonna take the dog out in a mo as she LOVES the snow. If I get any good pics, will try to upload them here later.

blue sky here in frindsbury rochester kent

Posted

Looking at the one behind Ipswich where a cell has just popped up. PPN seems to be moving NE-SW like last night

picture2e.jpg

Interesting that it's leaving a similar dry line in the middle as last night's first snowfalls. I presume there is not atmospheric reason to that, it is just a fluke.. or is the PPN attracted to areas that have already had snowfall??

17dec09.jpg

Edited by AtlanticFlamethrower

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SnOw and SuMmEr!!! :D

You seen much melting?

no not anything really? so its all good, what bout there??

Posted

no not anything really? so its all good, what bout there??

Nah nothing much really either......

Bit worse for me cause where I am is located near the town centre so a bit of heating from it........

Looking at the one behind Ipswich where a cell has just popped up. PPN seems to be moving NE-SW like last night

picture2e.jpg

Interesting that it's leaving a similar dry line in the middle as last night's first snowfalls. I presume there is not atmospheric reason to that, it is just a fluke.. or is the PPN attracted to areas that have already had snowfall??

17dec09.jpg

If that's true, hopefully the bands bends towards us! But I don't think it will!:yahoo:

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rmgfs1684.gif

Not sure if this has been posted on our thread yet- an ever evolving situation in the models this morning- & I wouldnt rule out another cold blast of uppers before new year-

However GFS 06z ( not the most reliable it has to be said) has the mins overnight in the home counties for XMAS DAY of -12c......

-6c maxima in some spots as well-

I think certainly tonight when skies clear over surface snow we will see temps down towards -8c....

these will take a long time to recover Sat........

Steve

Edited by Steve Murr

Posted

154k5kh.jpg

Should give a few cm in some areas!

Posted

picture2e.jpg

17dec09.jpg

Looking at NW Extra there is a convective inhibition reading of -6.5 in that area, perhaps Kold or similar could explain the true extent of that reading as it is very noticable and was last, agreed.

Posted

http://www.wetterzen...s/Rmgfs1684.gif

Not sure if this has been posted on our thread yet- an ever evolving situation in the models this morning- & I wouldnt rule out another cold blast of uppers before new year-

However GFS 06z ( not the most reliable it has to be said) has the mins overnight in the home counties for XMAS DAY of -12c......

-6c maxima in some spots as well-

I think certainly tonight when skies clear over surface snow we will see temps down towards -8c....

these will take a long time to recover Sat........

Steve

yep Steve, I don't think it has risen above 0c here today becuase of snow cover etc.....And with only over an hour left of daylight temps could be very low tonight, sun isn't out either anymore.

Posted

picture2e.jpg

17dec09.jpg

what time are these charts for?? if this is the case then we could be in for a little more in hertford??

Posted

what time are these charts for?? if this is the case then we could be in for a little more in hertford??

Top one is NOW

Bottom one is last night

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Well here's some photos of the day after the snow.

Lovely pictures, thanks for showing them to us.

Posted

Clouding over here in Folkestone, wondering whether we're going to get some wintry goodness this afternoon....

I have high hopes - better than last night. Winds have veered NE. Great for our little corner. Radar looks good for some action very soon.

Posted

Could anyone tell me whether Gravesend NW Kent will recieve any more snow from these showers out in the estuary

Yes highly possible :)

Posted

Just started snowing properly here in West Cambs. Can't see it laying, though. The decaying front has just about fizzled out to the north of the county and isn't really moving. I think I'm seeing it's last hurrah!

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

I have high hopes - better than last night. Winds have veered NE. Great for our little corner. Radar looks good for some action very soon.

Yes, a NE'erly always is the best for me as well. We just didn't get that last night.

Still a patchy dusting left here from last night - bearing in mind how thin it was to start with, it has held up well today in the low temps and is still very icy in the shade.

But big need of a proper and thicker covering top upbiggrin.gif

Edited by North Sea Snow Convection