Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Black as night over the sea heading straight at me ,, bet it rains !!!

chris i read your post but i can't read charts models, sorry. Glad you had a good time in your snow earlier

Thanks Donna - really just waned to say good afternoon to everyone here after being such a grouch last night with the constant requests to put location in etc. Thankfully I don't have to bother now! :yahoo:

Posted

I think if you got a shower, it would be windy, but it's prob too early for that anyway. If you are making these calls based on your own location by the way, I'd say I don't concsider Hertfordshire south east, and whether that's right or not, perhaps the bbc forecasters don't either.pardon.gif

They haven't done badly for me. 20cm we have, followed by a cold day. That we haven't had any showers doesn't mean there haven't been any anywhere or won't be later.

I am not making any such calls, as I said in my post that was the forcast for today for east Anglia,Bedfordshire , Hertfordshire and then down into the south east.

Likewise with the severe weather warning.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Yep I think your right there, cold front is probably going to be fairly active as well so could well see some more conditions like last night when the second front came through and gave the very stormy conditions.

Convection developing now north of Kent and heading in, could be a fairly snowy few hours coming up for some.

Kold check this out!

4ujrk1.jpg

:yahoo:

Posted

i cant give you an explenation but i did just imagine a snowman in a electric wheelchair whizzing around town! :yahoo:

Yeah, must have looked a bit strange LOL!

Posted

The snow band further north will eventually head southwards but it will fizzle out and there will be the odd shower left by the time it hits the home counties and london. So, really, the further north you are the better.

Don't be surprised if the showers intensify in the SE

Posted

Still -0.9ºC here with lovely winter sunshine. There is a little melting in expected areas in direct sunshine, but no ground melt. If anything the temperature seems to have reduced by half a degree since the snow stopped this morning.

Yep, my garden tends to avoid sunshine in the winter and I can see only slight signs of melt, temps close to freezing and generally thats the case across much of this region, temps going to struggle to get above 0C thats for sure with all the snow about, very cold day!

Posted

By the looks of things I'm going to be right in line for these showers, so long as they dont fizzle too quickly after hitting land. I don't need it though. I have 8 inches. Someone else can have it!

Oh alright then.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Is east kent going to get hit tonight with thundersnow? hmm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything

By the looks of things I'm going to be right in line for these showers, so long as they dont fizzle too quickly after hitting land. I don't need it though. I have 8 inches. Someone else can have it!

Oh alright then.

Oooo me me me please!

Quietly optmistic here in East Kent after last nights inch, actually rather suprised to see an inch of snow on the ground this morning after turning it in at 10:30pm last night.

Snow is slowly melting now, side roads are however very dangerous as I've just discovered when I popped out to lunch. Lots f ice and I'm not really looking forwardto this evenings rush hour when it all freezes over again, pehaps by then, more snow will be falling which may actually prevent or slow down the freezeover.

As ever, I'm full of hope!

Posted

Some photos from Stevenage

Looks like you had 1/2 to 1 inch more than us, but not looking dissimilar here.

Posted

BBC thinks the snow band over The Wash will move south and peter out over the London area

EDIT: They also think EA and the SE will get between 5-10cm tomorrow night

Edited by Snowman0697

Posted

Still predicting 10cms for the home counties from the band but I think looking at the radar most areas will be lucky to get half that...mind you for Kent over the next 6hrs I suppose that is just about possible to reach that total.

Watch out for a bitterly cold night under the snow cover, esp if there is any clear skies about...

Posted

Oooo me me me please!

Quietly optmistic here in East Kent after last nights inch, actually rather suprised to see an inch of snow on the ground this morning after turning it in at 10:30pm last night.

Snow is slowly melting now, side roads are however very dangerous as I've just discovered when I popped out to lunch. Lots f ice and I'm not really looking forwardto this evenings rush hour when it all freezes over again, pehaps by then, more snow will be falling which may actually prevent or slow down the freezeover.

As ever, I'm full of hope!

Yes, lets hope your right AH!!

Posted

Looks like you had 1/2 to 1 inch more than us, but not looking dissimilar here.

Glad you got some Chris. Been out for a play myself but it's brass monkeys out there. Thawing out for a bit before I have another go. :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Lovely lovely walk with the dogs — now I've got to go to a carol service in Cambridge where they had even more snow

Here's a shot of one of the best walks ever…

post-8078-12611411190332_thumb.jpg

Posted

Sky filled in again in Rochester - maybe more snow on the way? Gonna take the dog out in a mo as she LOVES the snow. If I get any good pics, will try to upload them here later.

Posted

Still predicting 10cms for the home counties from the band but I think looking at the radar most areas will be lucky to get half that...mind you for Kent over the next 6hrs I suppose that is just about possible to reach that total.

Watch out for a bitterly cold night under the snow cover, esp if there is any clear skies about...

You mean the band for tommorow night?

Edited by BarnetBlizzard

Posted

Glad you got some Chris. Been out for a play myself but it's brass monkeys out there. Thawing out for a bit before I have another go. :smiliz19:

Thanks - now going to have lunch and I may go out again this afternoon.

Iceni - great photo; the pleasures of interesting weather eh?

Posted

post-10727-12611410428245_thumb.jpgpost-10727-12611410947514_thumb.jpgpost-10727-12611411758065_thumb.jpg

lovely photos Monkeyteach, but where are you?