Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SnOw and SuMmEr!!! :D

hi all...... very cold and pleanty of snow here in luton.... was blue skys till bout 30min ago now gone very dark again think were in for more!!yahoo.gif

Posted

Work within ear shot of Moot Hall in Maldon, which has a clock and bells which chime every 15 minutes (Westminster Chime tune) - snow and ice has obviously got into the bells (they are exposed to the elements anyway) and the chiming is very muffled!

Posted

hi all...... very cold and pleanty of snow here in luton.... was blue skys till bout 30min ago now gone very dark again think were in for more!!yahoo.gif

Its great isnt it! Yeah i think the showers over northampton will be heading our way :)

Posted

Thats quite interesting as I've still got a decent covering and I'm not that far from Upminster...will be interesting to see how much this next band gives, News 24 weather forecast suggested as much as 10cms is possible from this band coming down...hopefully it can hold off till after dark!

I'm also very interested in observing the front on Saturday eveing.

Hi Kold.

I managed to stay up all night and still aint been to sleep. Mental case!

Well worth it though in the end.

Are you talking about the band over Norfolk, E.Mids etc? That is due to slide our way yes?

What about the showers coming off the NL coast, headed our way? Surely both cannot happen?

Posted

Its great isnt it! Yeah i think the showers over northampton will be heading our way drinks.gif

i hope so....... drinks.gif i know we have a lot but i want more lol what part of luton u in an how much u got?

Posted

a nicer band of beefy showers brewing up in the north sea, could cause some problems here in Maidstone later, just in time for eveing rush hour by the looks of things.

Posted

Its great isnt it! Yeah i think the showers over northampton will be heading our way drinks.gif

The showers are fizzling out as they approach us in Northampton.

Just light flurries at the moment.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Snow showers , deep clouds not far away now from here or east kent!

Posted

Dont say that mw,you will send our mate Neil over the top if it does not pull off,best to say we expect nowt in E Kent,then when or if he has to dig himself out in the morning,he will be as happy as a sand boy :)

Hey, how did you do eventually. We have unbelieveable amounst. Turns out original accumulation projections I saw which placed us right at the epicentre were pretty accurate. It came rather late though. Now we have a perfect clear blue sky and very little melt so far. trees and roofs holding it well.

Posted

I wonder does anyone else think that the weather forcasts have been very misleading for much of

the southeast and east Anglia today.

The late night forcasts last night and again this morning spoke of strong winds and heavy snow showers

at times + it would be mostly cloudy.

But the reality is for much of this area winds light to moderate, very

cold and sunny for much of the day with chance of snow during the afternoon.

The severe weather warning does not reflect the true nature of the weather today for most areas either.

Don't get me wrong there is a nice covering of snow in the area with very cold temperatures, brilliant

sunshine and the possibility of more snow to come so couldn't ask for more.

Posted

i hope so....... drinks.gif i know we have a lot but i want more lol what part of luton u in an how much u got?

Im round the back of the train station in the center. Dunno must be about 5 inches maybe :) . Whats it like where you are?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

Hey Everyone

Well what a real treat for me in South Herts.

Woke up to a very tasty 5 inches, beautiful blue skys right now at temp of -1 and no sign of that snow melting.

Hoping for some more snow tomorrow night.

The band across North of the East Midlands and N EA will not move very far TBH.

By the time it makes it to the home counties it would have died of death.

Im really excited about tomorrow night, Council saying another 5cms Saturday night across Home counties and SE.

Disappointment for me,,,not too far away. We had a bit but nothing special. Had set my heart on the kind of stuff you got! We always seem to be too far East, or West, or North or South!

Posted

The showers are fizzling out as they approach us in Northampton.

Just light flurries at the moment.

Thats a shame, hopefully they will pep up a bit!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Dont say that mw,you will send our mate Neil over the top if it does not pull off,best to say we expect nowt in E Kent,then when or if he has to dig himself out in the morning,he will be as happy as a sand boy :)

haha

Unforecasted snow tends to be the best down these parts! :acute:

Posted

smile.gif

Im round the back of the train station in the center. Dunno must be about 5 inches maybe biggrin.gif . Whats it like where you are?

im over by leagrave and theres loads lol smile.gif I LOVE IT!!!!!!

Posted

LOoks like the current extrap. track takes the weakest point of the system over my location, hopefully that part of it over E.Norfolk peps up a little bit to be honest!

Seems like good convection developing in the North Sea for East Kent though, could well see another 5-10cms from this possibly as the Met office are expecting from the sounds of things.

Posted

I wonder does anyone else think that the weather forcasts have been very misleading for much of

the southeast and east Anglia today.

The late night forcasts last night and again this morning spoke of strong winds and heavy snow showers

at times + it would be mostly cloudy.

But the reality is for much of this area winds light to moderate, very

cold and sunny for much of the day with chance of snow during the afternoon.

The severe weather warning does not reflect the true nature of the weather today for most areas either.

Don't get me wrong there is a nice covering of snow in the area with very cold temperatures, brilliant

sunshine and the possibility of more snow to come so couldn't ask for more.

I think if you got a shower, it would be windy, but it's prob too early for that anyway. If you are making these calls based on your own location by the way, I'd say I don't concsider Hertfordshire south east, and whether that's right or not, perhaps the bbc forecasters don't either.:acute:

They haven't done badly for me. 20cm we have, followed by a cold day. That we haven't had any showers doesn't mean there haven't been any anywhere or won't be later.

Posted

Also some very cold temps away from the Thames Valley (which is just a touch above freezing generally.) with temps still below freezing and where the band comes through in the next couple of hours the temps may not get much higher...

Posted

Looking very interesting, I'll certainly have to keep an eye on it as it may make getting to work rather tricky, was interesting enough last night with the heavy snow!

Anyway you can see the system now pulling SSE so a good chunk of this region is going to get some more snow in the next few hours, well worth watching!

Kold, whats it like in Aveley, any ideas? Supposed to be playing football in that area tomorrow.

Posted

20cm we have, followed by a cold day. That we haven't had any showers doesn't mean there haven't been any anywhere or won't be later.

Hi Boot,

Yes I just measured the snow in the front drive here in T/Wells and it is 20 cms/8 ins as well - which is a bit more than my "guesstimate" earlier this morning!

MM

Edited by Mr Maunder