Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

just had heavy snow in Woodchurch as i picked kids up from school, but the clouds are breaking up now!! any more to come at all??

Posted

Just started snowing heavily again, just after the wife went out to post some letters, think i'll tell to stay outside if she has this result every time

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

Snowing in Luton again!

I used to live near Luton and found this quite useful

http://wxweb.meteost...shtml?text=EGGW

- btw where's Mr Crazysnowfanman - Bahamas maybe?

while I'm here ... a few snaps from this morning:

Posted

easing off already here in Dover... this just isn't good enough :drinks:

I'm hoping something changes to bring us more... I don't want to miss out on it twice....If it doesn't play nice tonight maybe the snow for tomorrow will work wonders... maybe being third time lucky.

I dunno though.

Posted

I keep getting asked what the weathers going to be like over the next few days and I just have no idea!! :drinks:

Could snow tonight, could snow sat, could snow sunday, could snow monday, maybe tuesday. So confusing!

No more snow has fallen here. Been a thaw but nothing too dramatic. Would be nice to catch a couple of showers now to patch things up! Looks like our Kent neighbours are keeping it to themselves!!

Posted

I keep getting asked what the weathers going to be like over the next few days and I just have no idea!! :drinks:

Could snow tonight, could snow sat, could snow sunday, could snow monday, maybe tuesday. So confusing!

No more snow has fallen here. Been a thaw but nothing too dramatic. Would be nice to catch a couple of showers now to patch things up! Looks like our Kent neighbours are keeping it to themselves!!

Tomorrow night looks good for the whole region, 5-10cm could fall

Posted

Snow has been slowly melting all day here and dont look quite as pretty now.

Temp just dropped to 0c has been a max of 1.3c today with short snow showers that dont make any difference to the snow level outside.

Roads are interesting esp our quiet country road that never gets gritted. Part of me doesnt want to see any more snow but another part of me would like to see a fresh covering again in the morning. Funny how I went to bed last night thinking that our snow was never going to happen but now it has part of me wants things to get back to normal.

On the plus side the kids have had an extra day off school and dont have to do anything really all weekend so it can get as icy as it likes

Janet

Posted

BBC is still saying we will get snow here in Kent tonight...

I'm heading up to Yorkshire on Sunday so I'm hoping there will be snow there... It's just I'm getting an icky feeling I'm heading up to East Yorkshire whilst the weather is moving down to where I live.

Posted

Really? I didn't realise there was a risk of something!

Yep there is a chance, several members have mentioned it including Kold Weather, and it was mentioned on the national forecast earlier too

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

BBC is still saying we will get snow here in Kent tonight...

BBC/MET also said you'd be under a high risk alert of heavy snowfall lastnight.. So take all reports with a pinch of salt and just keep checking the radar :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme.....

I used to live near Luton and found this quite useful

http://wxweb.meteost...shtml?text=EGGW

- btw where's Mr Crazysnowfanman - Bahamas maybe?

while I'm here ... a few snaps from this morning:

Fantastic pics Shadowcat

Posted

Tomorrow night is looking interesting for the enitire region.

Yep your quite right to say that Hammer, looks like quite a decent front coming down from the N/NW and this will give us probably a good 5-10cms of snowfall on top of what we have already, so a good 2-4 inches are possible in the space of about 2-3hrs as the front is progged to be fairly potent, nearly as strong as the front that came in last night...

Beforehand we should get some very low mins, so hopefully things won't be marginal in the east at all...

Posted

a man just phoned KMFM and says there's snow over the A20 near Dover... it come over so heavy even gritter trucks are getting stuck in it... the A20 does go quite high coming out of Dover so I can only imagine!

Posted

GFS 12z very interesting, a low coming up from the south on Tuesday and the maximum temperature for a lot of the region is 1C.

Edited by Snowman0697

Posted

Just seen the video clip on BBC N24 of one of Mick Gould's Heavy American recovery trucks in Crowborough earlier. It looks like it's driving in reverse, at speed, up to a queue of other trucks - in fact it's slipping down the icy hill with the brakes locked on and not slowing down!!!!! :) Not sure what the outcome was, but when 20 tonnes of Kenworth truck is coming toward you, get out of the way!!

Posted

The UKMO also showed something similar on its 0z run, I'd suspect looking at the profiles it would be somewhat marginal, esp south of the M4...though on the northern side there could be no doubt it would give a fair amount of snow...

Anyway temps widely below 0C now in the region bar the far eastern part of Kent, I think I'm going to have to be very careful driving into work again tonight.

Posted

Kold, and Monday and Tuesday look like being of interest as well looking at the current models, although of course subject to change. But this low coming up towards the south is clearly going to need watching, reckon we could have a bit of everything those days, rain, sleet and snow. Could get very messy.

Posted

Light snow falling in Southend.

Wasn't expecting that.

On another note, why is it that whenever a low bumps up against cold air from the SW its always snow N of the M4?!

Everytime! :)

Edited by LeighShrimper

Posted

If the GFS charts are correct, the western side of EA could see snow instead of rain on Tuesday, on the coasts it will be rain, and in places such as Kent it will be rain too:

post-10203-1261153056358_thumb.png

post-10203-1261153075806_thumb.png

post-10203-12611530859639_thumb.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

If the GFS charts are correct, the western side of EA could see snow instead of rain on Tuesday, on the coasts it will be rain, and in places such as Kent it will be rain too:

We also need to take into account how intense it is at the time , heavier the better bring those temps/dps down

Posted

Yep your quite right to say that Hammer, looks like quite a decent front coming down from the N/NW and this will give us probably a good 5-10cms of snowfall on top of what we have already, so a good 2-4 inches are possible in the space of about 2-3hrs as the front is progged to be fairly potent, nearly as strong as the front that came in last night...

Beforehand we should get some very low mins, so hopefully things won't be marginal in the east at all...

Is that coming down through the midlands? If so is there a chance that it will die out before it reaches us mate?