Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow - or HOT

:) It looks like we will see some rain to start but gradually turning more wintry. It should last longer than those to our E might where the band looks rather thin.

Thanks, hope you are right, I love reading all the posts here just not that great with the radars :-) I suppose its now a case of sitting tight

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Thanks, hope you are right, I love reading all the posts here just not that great with the radars :-) I suppose its now a case of sitting tight

Yep totally right!

Posted

:) It looks like we will see some rain to start but gradually turning more wintry. It should last longer than those to our E might where the band looks rather thin.

Well actually there's a very nice bash just going through Lincs at the moment and heavier than anything happening to the west. Let's try and keep this factual rather than point scoring east v west nonsense.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

This is more like it!...rain 5 mins ago, now moderate snow....Nick, if you're still on-line, there's hope for you yet

Moderate snow now here as well after a brief spell of sleet. My angry tirade worked, doubt it will settle though, isn't going to last anywhere near long enough.

Posted

About 90%%, in fact it looks 100%, wet SNOW now those giant 50p size flakes, things changed a lot in the space of a minutes didn't they.

There's hope for you in Shrewsbury then afterall.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

This is more like it!...rain 5 mins ago, now moderate snow....Nick, if you're still on-line, there's hope for you yet

Just started snowing here :)

These posts just made me even happier. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

..............and back to rain again......I've think the weather gods have been smoking those Jamaican Woodbines again! :D

Posted

Well actually there's a very nice bash just going through Lincs at the moment and heavier than anything happening to the west. Let's try and keep this factual rather than point scoring east v west nonsense.

Erm you have understood what i said very wrong i think! :D

There are places to the East with even heavier precip however there is a smaller area where precip wont last long-probably to the East of Brum.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & thunder storms.

what a rollercoaster, nothing here yet and temps rising again back to 1.3c

what do you think the chances are for Hinckley

really pleased for those of you getting a good snowing

Posted

About 90%%, in fact it looks 100%, wet SNOW now those giant 50p size flakes, things changed a lot in the space of a minutes didn't they.

There's hope for you in Shrewsbury then afterall.

And still it rains, a bit lighter now so even less chance I fear.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

this is crazy.

Temp went back up to 1.7c now back to 1.3c huuuuuuuuuuuuh?

Thats the colder air undercutting......on a side note...more ppn developing over N wales near chester, heading SE, that should all be snow

Posted

Temperature has just popped above freezing here for the first time today! Currently 0.1C. Can't hear the sound of dripping just yet. Actually had one or two very very light flurries not really shown up on the radar in the past few hours. Fingers crossed the precipitation band remains relatively intact. Still got a good 10cm left on the ground here, so anything would be a nice top up.

Posted

Snowing and settling! yahoo.gif

Temp up to -1.5C....

Very lucky indeed, not sure if it's going to be snow the other side of the lickey hills though such as bromsgrove or reddich.:D

Posted

..............and back to rain again......I've think the weather gods have been smoking those Jamaican Woodbines again! doh.gif

Same thing happened here, started out as snow and then alternated back and forth between snow and rain, my guess is that there are massive fluctuations in the upper air temperatures as the cold air is undercutting.

Posted

Not to heavy atm, but sticking everywhere easily. Shame it wasnt a bigger and more intense band, would of had a dumping. :D

Posted

Thats the colder air undercutting......on a side note...more ppn developing over N wales near chester, heading SE, that should all be snow

nay... what im saying is it did already drop to 1.2c.... now it's going up again... then down then up half a degree every other minute lol.

Anyway i got a feeling about that cheshire gap. Snow on and off all night me reckons. All we need is a good temperature drop.

PS: Will be interesting what 18z GFS say's about this.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Thick snow here with big flakes, nothing settling though...yet.