Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Methuselah

Posted

I'll try, OMG I'll try but Shrewsbury has such a terrible history of missing snow. Now I'm really struggling to understand how it can be snowing and settling in Derby but not in Stoke or Cannock (which are both higher than Derby)?????????????????????????????? Oh great can just hear what sounds like rain hitting the windows.

I've been in Derby today watching the Rams ...it was bitter there today with temps never above freezing .....then on the way home from 5pm onwards all the way home to north shropshire the temp was going up all the way peeking at 2c very weird and balmy

Posted

Gonna be interesting to see what happens here. Our precip is coming from Telford/Cannock way so it's been rain very recently..... Also it's up to 1.0C in Birmingham; however, still -1.8C here. Should know very soon...........

Posted

Yes, it's rain- despite not being above 2C for three days, the ground still being largely frozen, snow sticks at sea level in the SE, it rains in Shrewsbury. Ths is looking increasingly like my last winter here.........

Even here in Telford which often has snow as its all 150-180 meters above sea level here in Lawley is just having plain old rain at the moment clearing away

the leftover patches of graupel/frost etc.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

What an absolute effing let down. To those who have rain/sleet, at least you have something! The NW radar says I am slap bang in the middle of it, yet nothing, absolutely nothing is falling from the sky.

Is this some kind of joke? Because I am certainly not laughing, sod this.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

I dont like that big gap thats appeard NNW of Birmingham.

Some Places to the E of Birmingham may see the front not last long. Thankfully it doesnt look like that for here. :)

Posted

Even here in Telford which often has snow as its all 150-180 meters above sea level here in Lawley is just having plain old rain at the moment clearing away

the leftover patches of graupel/frost etc.

Yes, nice to know othere are suffering similarly (not that I wish rain on anyone, it's just nice to know its a 30 mile radius of here rather than 5-10 that's missing the snow :)). Why is it just Shropshire/west Staffs that's getting the rain?

EDIT: Just seen conor123s latest post- this is looking like another everywhere-but-Shrewsbury one...

Edited by Summer of 95

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow - or HOT

Some Places to the E of Birmingham may see the front not last long. Thankfully it doesnt look like that for here. :)

What do you see happening? i'm in Stourbridge too

cheers

Posted

this is a very bizaree frontal system. Skies are clearing now.

Although i do expect more from the north west to land here as the front splits in two. hmmm

Posted

Yes, it's rain- despite not being above 2C for three days, the ground still being largely frozen, snow sticks at sea level in the SE, it rains in Shrewsbury. Ths is looking increasingly like my last winter here.........

Driving snow here with a strong NW wind temps slowly dropping 0.9c it`s settling on the kitchen window. lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

What do you see happening? i'm in Stourbridge too

cheers

:) It looks like we will see some rain to start but gradually turning more wintry. It should last longer than those to our E might where the band looks rather thin.

Posted

this is a very bizaree frontal system. Skies are clearing now.

Although i do expect more from the north west to land here as the front splits in two. hmmm

I'm finding it fascinating. Massive fluctuations over relatively short distances.

Another hour or so before it reaches here going by the radar.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Big proper snowflakes here now in Nottingham city centre - our first proper snowfall of the season!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

This is more like it!...rain 5 mins ago, now moderate snow....Nick, if you're still on-line, there's hope for you yet

Posted

Looks like we are going to get that very narrow band in between Brum and Nottingham..dry.gif

Typical Northerly...fizzles out over Northants.

Edited by Lancs_Northants