Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

rain unfortunatley at 1.4C.....the heavier ppn band is thinning out to my NW (where its coming from)...a big rise in temperature...-0.4C to 1.4C in an hour...remarkable!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Rain here...unbelievable.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Finally the snow begins!

Posted

If it'sd in Stoke .. Just down the A50 .. Shoudl be in Leicester within the next 10-15 mins , If it isn't all snow i'll be surprised as our temps are lower than stokes. and our due point's are around -2 . -3 . If ti hit's Narborough first I will let you know mate. Where's Andy Leic tonight ?

I hope so! yeah i've noticed our dew points seem alot lower than others so hopefully were straight into snow, puddles are still ice, still ice on the pavements so the ground temp has to be below freezing so no melting going on ahah :) I bet hes unaware of this lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Im expecting rain/freezing rain here to begin with but it should soon turn to snow imo.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

Big fat flakes .... about time too :)

Posted

Right, I am throwing in the towel now. Raining, temperature continuing to rise and there isn't much PPN left. Hope the rest of you enjoy what you get.

Posted

You are worrying far too much and tbh its getting annoying. We are all likely to see some Snow here. It may start off as rain/sleet but by the sounds of reports this is brief and snow which looks rather heavy will be swiftly moving in. Chin up!

I'll try, OMG I'll try but Shrewsbury has such a terrible history of missing snow. Now I'm really struggling to understand how it can be snowing and settling in Derby but not in Stoke or Cannock (which are both higher than Derby)?????????????????????????????? Oh great can just hear what sounds like rain hitting the windows.

Posted

WoW!

Looks like a BIG upgrade on the snow! :)

Posted

To those using the NW radar, use it with a shovel of salt. I am apparently under moderate precipitation, and nothing is falling out of the sky now.

Posted

nothign special, light- moderate snow here. the dew point and temperature not col enough for good settlin although it has settled on cars and pavements.

Good news: Temp dropping again 1.8c to 1.3c now. I guess the warm sector has passed?

Posted

Yes, it's rain- despite not being above 2C for three days, the ground still being largely frozen, snow sticks at sea level in the SE, it rains in Shrewsbury. Ths is looking increasingly like my last winter here.........

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/GB/observations

If you look here you can see where the warmer air is. I would say that only the east will get snow in our region unless the colder air starts pushing back westwards.

Posted

Hi Guys, looking forward to this! :oops:

Is the warm air on the leading edge of the band then? Is that all the way across? In the West or what? Sorry if it's a silly question <_<

Edited by JamieUK