west midlands .. 5 cm

Worcestershire .. 5 cm

Warwikshire .. 4 cm

Gloucestershire .. 6 cm

Leicestershire .. 6 cm

Herefordshire.. 6 cm

Northamptan .. 8 cm

Posted

Even higher here with a temp of 1 and dp of -0.5 . To think it was so cold this morning! Very marginal.

serendipity! u r probably right in alot of your posts but u r sooooo pessimistic that im not reading them now! you r not spoiling my hope even if the snow does not happen lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

It's a joke really, that said the band seems to be holding it's own rather than fading away any further, I expect it to be snow when it gets here - will let you know Nick !

Cheers Ian. It will almost certainly be snow here. Comfortably below freezing and is showing no signs of rising.

Posted

my predictions....

staffordshire .. 6 cm

shropshire .. 8 cm

west midlands .. 5 cm

Worcestershire .. 5 cm

Warwikshire .. 4 cm

Gloucestershire .. 6 cm

Leicestershire .. 6 cm

Herefordshire.. 6 cm

Northamptan .. 8 cm

nice one! c'mon you little beauty! bring some this way! drinks.gif

Posted

Think that snow shields extending to here temp going up 0.6 grrrrr

The two nearest weather stations both roughly 5miles away from us, 1 to the north and 1 to the south say -0.4 and -0.7, those temps taken at 6:40

Edited by SnowTornado

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

That honestly can't be right, Nick is as far West as you are but further North and he has a dew of -2 and ground temp of below 0. I have a ground temp of -1 to -2 with a dew of -3.3 and I am 30 miles North east. Can't be that much higher there surely? Give the Weather station a good smack :wallbash:

This is quite close to me:

http://www.wellesbourneairfield.com/details.htm

corresponds with me... In nw people reporting even higher temps too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Cheers Ian. It will almost certainly be snow here. Comfortably below freezing and is showing no signs of rising.

42 metres lower :wallbash: I will be marginal, you look okay, ISAAC, ill certainly take 5-6 cm's that would be fantastic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

my predictions....

staffordshire .. 6 cm

shropshire .. 8 cm

west midlands .. 5 cm

Worcestershire .. 5 cm

Warwikshire .. 4 cm

Gloucestershire .. 6 cm

Leicestershire .. 6 cm

Herefordshire.. 6 cm

Northamptan .. 8 cm

Hmmm I don't quite agree mate.

Shropshire might see sleet because it's further in the warm sector, Warwickshire predicted to get 4cm while Northants 8cm doesen't make sense because it's got to pass through Warwickshire before it gets to Northants... Hereford I would say a few cm, probably be sleet there away from higher ground. We'll see though, I am probably completely wrong.

Posted

serendipity! u r probably right in alot of your posts but u r sooooo pessimistic that im not reading them now! you r not spoiling my hope even if the snow does not happen lol

LOL sorry! I just remember this happening last year too, predictions of snow and we ended up with rain! I can't get my hopes up, I've seen my children disappointed too many times! Most of the Midlands have lower temps than me though...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Precip over parts of the Irish sea has had a rapid intensification lately. :wallbash:

Posted

Your predicting shropshire 8cm. I hope your right, i just can't see it

Have to say i'm takiing a gamble with that, the far west of that band is going to pep up just before it clears off south, do expect som freezing rain at first though...

it's just my personal prediction.

Edited by ISAAC

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & thunder storms.

The two nearest weather stations both roughly 5miles away from us, 1 to the north and 1 to the south say -0.4 and -0.7, those temps taken at 6:40

fluctuation might be due to heat leaking out of boat window, sensor is on the edge of the roof near the window. I have fire blazing away, might be clutching at straws but the temp in here is a sweltering 26.7c (forgot to throttle stove back after putting more coal on)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Precip over parts of the Irish sea has had a rapid intensification lately. :shok:

UHH OHH, have you not seen the 1835 and 1840 radar updates? it's starting to lose intensity around the Cheshire gap :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Latest Met Office radar shows it decaying even further. I don't think we will be able to measure the snow depth in cm at this rate!

Posted

Have to say i'm takiing a gamble with that, the far west of that band is going to pep up just before it clears off south, do expect som freezing rain at first though...

it's just my personal prediction.

Freezing rain we don't want to see anywhere, that will cause serious problems on the roads.

Posted

post-6740-12612485710658_thumb.png

This could potential split into mainly two sections leaving us in the middle with just a few snow flurries, we really could do with seeing the area circled to intensify in the next hour or 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

UHH OHH, have you not seen the 1835 and 1840 radar updates? it's starting to lose intensity around the Cheshire gap :wallbash:

What i think here will be getting will be whats around NW Wales now. For the North West Midlands it doesnt look as good right now.

Posted

If you read the other discussions a few areas are seeing rain to the western side which is why I advise caution for the west midlanders. I think the east midlanders will see heavy snow though :wallbash:

Posted

Latest Met Office radar shows it decaying even further. I don't think we will be able to measure the snow depth in cm at this rate!

Looks more than OK to me on Netweather. My advice to anyone expecting snow in the region...don't expect deep snow, but if it's a covering you're after and winter wonderland conditions come tomorrow morning, then yes this is more than possible and likely across most of our region.

Edited by NorthantsSnow

Posted

This could potential split into mainly two sections leaving us in the middle with just a few snow flurries, we really could do with seeing the area circled to intensify in the next hour or 2

took my words right out of my mouth.... just like i predicted earlier the splitting in the middle. I really hope it doesn't becouse it will be really messy for us lot in Staffordshire! wallbash.gif

The next 30 mins are very important adn could decide what will happen in our neck of the woods come 10pm>>>

Edited by ISAAC

Posted

Doesn't look to bad for us though aha! :D