Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Well good night all, hope we see more snow in the hours to come!

I must do some work soon, have a band coming on tonight.. they are nowhere to be found I hope they didn't venture to far!

Just been asked to announced there are now officially no taxi companies willing to ferry anyone home in Louth! And unfortunately (awww) the hotel is fully booked!

Have a good evening all.

Posted

Been snowing for a while on and off now in Lincoln. It's been very cold today, none of last evening's snow melted even in the direct sunshine so it's settling easily now. Doesn't feel as cold as it did earlier.

Posted

if the temp drops quickly we might get a dusting haha now that would really be ironic thats for sure :aggressive:

Posted

Well when they said that snow flakes as big as a small childs hand were falling i thought that over enthusiasm was taking over, however when it got here i was gob smacked because they were right. Ive never seen snow soooooo big in my life, the snow covered in minuets.

here are some pics for you to see. the flakes were a bit smaller by the time me batteries were charged but you can still see some big ole flakes. still snowing here by the way :aggressive:

LO

sorry pic is the wrong way round such is my enthusiasm

Edited by Lincs Observation

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I think tomorrow could be interesting for areas around the Peak District, especially western slopes. West Yorkshire may get some beefy showers too. I am hoping to be included in the action but may just be too far south-east.

Not much snow from that band here, left about a centimeter. Certainly not the 5cm that was predicted. Still, I'm holding out hope fpr tomorrow

Posted

I think tomorrow could be interesting for areas around the Peak District, especially western slopes. West Yorkshire may get some beefy showers too. I am hoping to be included in the action but may just be too far south-east.

Not much snow from that band here, left about a centimeter. Certainly not the 5cm that was predicted. Still, I'm holding out hope fpr tomorrow

here on west side of doncaster has recieved a covering from a NW/W flow before! just checked out side and our 1cm of snow is now black ice! looks real dangerous!

Posted

Snow now melted off the cars and melting on the grass laugh.gif It might as well not have snowed! Should certainly be icy in the morning

Edited by mark bayley

Posted

When i do a NW Forcast using my postcode its say more snow is due here at 00:00 tonight. Does people think it could be the band coming down from North West Scotland area

Chris

Posted

When i do a NW Forcast using my postcode its say more snow is due here at 00:00 tonight. Does people think it could be the band coming down from North West Scotland area

Chris

Its that band that we have already had, next snow for us will be the odd shower

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Chris

Yes, i also noticed this. Maybe a few surprises (prays to the snow gods!!!)

Posted

Its that band that we have already had, next snow for us will be the odd shower

this is looking ok for a 1cm covering here

ukprec.png

only if were lucky though!

Posted

I cant see it being the forcast we have just had as that was also forcasted on the weather forcast section.

Chris

Posted

great after all that heavy rain tonight and washing away what we had it is now snowing................

so ironic though aint it! :winky:

Posted

Same its snowing here, we have kept most of the snow in Leeds, the band just thinned out before it hit us.

Posted

Well I braved it and cycled 5 miles home from work thinking the worst was over! It was mainly sleet and wet snow but still gave a 2cm covering on top of already laying snow.

Since i got home it has bucketed down! still is!

We now have 8cm's and it still coming. It seems the straight forward band of snow has bent in on itself and is now lingering right over us! Not sure how long it will last.

The MO have us down for -7C tonight after the snow clears!

The 5 niles back to work at 6am should be VERY interesting!

Posted

Well I braved it and cycled 5 miles home from work thinking the worst was over! It was mainly sleet and wet snow but still gave a 2cm covering on top of already laying snow.

Since i got home it has bucketed down! still is!

We now have 8cm's and it still coming. It seems the straight forward band of snow has bent in on itself and is now lingering right over us! Not sure how long it will last.

The MO have us down for -7C tonight after the snow clears!

The 5 niles back to work at 6am should be VERY interesting!

Yep heavy snow in town at mo.

Posted

that band is actualy coming this way! so the outcome from tonight is thick black ice everywhere with a dusting of snow, lol it makes me laugh really after expecting 5cm of snow :help::help:

Posted

That band to the North people have been watching has been giving us continuous light snow, now moderate. Don't bank on it intensifying, looks to me like it weakens slightly as it rolls off the moors.

Without going outside and measuring, looks like a good 3 inches or more this evening on top of 8cm measured this morning. Will do an accurate measure in the morning.

Temp has dropped back to -0.3 so looks like I'll get consecutive ice days.

No traffic coming through the village, I guess the B1248 is closed again, the signs were flashing earlier this evening but it was passable.

Posted

that band is actualy coming this way! so the outcome from tonight is thick black ice everywhere with a dusting of snow, lol it makes me laugh really after expecting 5cm of snow :drinks::rofl:

Im gutted for you tonight mate as i thought you would do aswell as me :)