Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Not much happened there then! already passed, a couple of cm's i guess, hopefully tomrrows forecast will be better!

....btw it was rain at lower levels about 10miles from me,(brighouse)...I came home and slid down most of the hill which was scary considering theres quite a drop to my right....

Edited by disco-barry

Posted

Just started snowing, should only last a few mins as its a little shower in front of the main band. Dew point bang on 0.0c. Shame the main band does not look great here

Posted

UNEBLIEVEABLE

NEVER IN MY 20 YEARS ON THIS EARTH HAVE I SEEN SNOW FLAKES THIS BIG, BACK FROM BOOZE SHOP NOW, AND ITS FREEZING! LOL

Same here mate, it's unbelievable here at the moment.

Posted

Us guys in leeds and sheffield have been very unlucky tonight but atleast we shud see some snow tommorow and monday :)

The weather earlyier looked very good for sheffield with a band of snow pushing south east.. lets just hope its not rain :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the more extreme the better!

we are quite high and have some nice big flakes at Lodge moor Sheffield.. just hope it lasts..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Can anyone from or near to Doncaster confirm snow?

I'm heading there tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold ,snow

cant understand why here in sheffield we got rain.?????.pathetic really given the forecast :(

Posted

bloody hell i looked out 5min ago and nothing on radar or outside, just looked out at M1 lights nere here and its a whiteout LOL

Pinxton, Derbyshire J28 M1 115M ASL

Posted

Us guys in leeds and sheffield have been very unlucky tonight but atleast we shud see some snow tommorow and monday smile.gif

The weather earlyier looked very good for sheffield with a band of snow pushing south east.. lets just hope its not rain laugh.gif

It's quite funny as I've looked at the radar and out of the whole big front moving south over the country atm, Sheffield gets the smallest part of the front possible! I asusme Leeds was the same as well,lol.

I'm not keeping my hopes up for anything else now. Tonight was meant to be the big night for me, but by the looks of it it's not going to happen...maybe I should judge it when it's finished though!

I'm very jealous of everyone else atm aggressive.gif Make sure you all have a snowball fight for me!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: c'mon thunder

we are quite high and have some nice big flakes at Lodge moor Sheffield.. just hope it lasts..

Steady rain @ 390ft mid-north sheffield, the marvellous city council incinerator shield is doing its job :(

,,,1.8°C btw

Edited by mezzacyclone

Posted

Just started snowing, should only last a few mins as its a little shower in front of the main band. Dew point bang on 0.0c. Shame the main band does not look great here

the snow has washed away here, im so dissapointed :(

Posted

Very heavy snowfall here, big flakes too.

Quite concerned about not getting to the Inlaws

for Sunday lunch and presie swapping tomorrow now.

BL.

Hi BL, I'm totally stunned. I'd always thought that we would do quite well tonight, but I cant believe that so much snow has layed in this short space of time.

I wish you hadn't mentiond Sunday lunch - I'm drooling now :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I remember earlier this year, can't remember the date (sadily, think it was during March) our last day of snowfall here in Grimsby.

Lots of places in the region missed out completely, this particular evening during rush hour were the most unbelievable size snowflakes I have ever seen.

At the time I was still at work and we just stopped what we was doing along with the manager and just looked in awe at the flakes. About 30 minutes later we headed off home; not far just to Humberston. Within seeing these flakes falling on and off for around an hour I arrived at home and there was a good 10cms.

Sadily, after it stopped snowing a warm sector crossed us and overnight melted by the following morning everything was again green and no sign of the winter wonderland we had the night before. Gutted.

Posted

Wow, Ive never seen flakes as big as these. Its literally put down a couple of cm in 5 minutes. Absolutely amazing.

Posted

Hi, I have been reading the thread with great interest over the past few days. I am in South Doncaster and it is raining after about 20 minutes of sleet :(

Temperature: 0.8

Dewpoint: -0.7

Not impressed, I was looking forward to a good 'dumping' like most of you!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the more extreme the better!

we have quite a covering at the moment, although it does seem to be losing a little intensity

Posted

Hi BL, I'm totally stunned. I'd always thought that we would do quite well tonight, but I cant believe that so much snow has layed in this short space of time.

I wish you hadn't mentiond Sunday lunch - I'm drooling now :drinks:

LOL your joking right? Over 3 inches here now.

Can anyone in the hull area vouch for me plz :lol:

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Steady rain here what snow we had is rapidly disappearing. Huge let down.