Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

The way this front is developing, Lincolnshire is going to get an absolute hammering

Well im at a loss im in Lincolnshire and even though the radar shows ppn over me we dont have anything at this time falling. all the radars i look at indicate snow falling, however i can say there is nothing at all

LO

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow, lots of hot sun

Heaviest it's been so far, really quite heavy snow, temp. holding at -0.4C. A shame this is the 'last hoorah' as it were, will have stopped within the next 15-20 mins I would imagine. Temperature should really start to drop once the front has passed though.

Posted

Check out my garden table

love it :yahoo: you have done the best thats for sure! perfect place for this cold spell so far!

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Just rain and sleet here which should soon fizzle out and what snow we had will have gone.

Posted

Well im at a loss im in Lincolnshire and even though the radar shows ppn over me we dont have anything at this time falling. all the radars i look at indicate snow falling, however i can say there is nothing at all

LO

nothing here in spalding either, correction, light flurry here now

Edited by sparky1972

Posted

Just rain and sleet here which should soon fizzle out and what snow we had will have gone.

just has to happen pre xmas doesnt it! even though im extremely dissapoint im still happy for the others to see snow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Piling down with snow here now, a good few cms likely if this keeps up. Temp' is -0.7c.

Posted

UPDATE

At last its got here, i can finally say it is snowing again. its very dry snow if that makes sense. but is coming down a fair lick.

Im still confused why the radars have been showing snow for my area for the last hour but its just started five mins ago <_<

However its here now and the conisholme shield has defo been broken :cray:

LO

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Evening all,

Just arrived in Louth, I am Djing at an Xmas Party at Kenwick Park and when I left Grimsby at 6.30 light snow was falling. In the last 20 minutes its begun snowing heavy; looks like very picturesque.

I was here last night driving back home to Grimsby, the A16 had the minimal amount of gritting done to it and looks like another crazy drive home at 1.30 through yet more heavy snowfall. Must have seen a good 5-10cm during Friday, hope to see more when I return.

Reading the last few posts I hope it won't turn to rain here; personally I can't imagine that to happen especially as the temperature has remained below zero all day I set to be another freezing night.

Posted

Nothing here in Pinxton, Derbyshire, keep seeing Griters go up the M1, I think we will be in a band between 2 lots of cloud :-(

Chris

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

I have to like the fact that coastal showers are still going strong all the way up to south shields.Even though the bulk will be passed us in an hour or so, that should give us some good chance of longer lasting snow near the coast. It looks like the heaviest stuff missed us to the west but a longer spell of snow should make up for that B)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons

Very heavy snowfall here, big flakes too.

Quite concerned about not getting to the Inlaws

for Sunday lunch and presie swapping tomorrow now.

BL.

Posted

amazing that a prime inland area like leeds gets rain, while to the east theres snow on the coast?? just goes to show that in this country it can go tits up at the click of a finger nonono.gif

Yup. I've got a bit of snow here, but it's rain down at lower levels. Also, by the looks of the netweather radar there's not going to be much more to come. What a let down!