Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

The snow has just about stopped now. We've got around 3-4cm in total which isnt bad considering it fell in less than 2 hours. Not quite as good as March 2008 (4cm) and nowhere near January 2004 (20cm) but Im very happy after the easterly disappointment! Customary picture with rular:

post-2418-12612570175813_thumb.jpg

More importantly the temperature has remained below freezing. Currently -0.2C with a dewpoint of -1.3C.

Posted

skies are clearing now and it's going to be a very cold night :yahoo::cold:

Never know they could still be some more later, i have a funny feeling don't know why :S

but yet, temps should hit -5 to -9 in yorkshire/lincs overnight.

lewis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Looks like a very nice batch coming through Lincs at the moment. Surprised by the lack of Lincs based posters reporting. Glad Yorks did well.

I've read loads of posters from Lincolnshire; myself included. But yes anyone from Lincoln, Skegness, Boston out there we'd love to hear from you?

Grimsby is in Lincolnshire dont'cha know! Only a brief spell between 1974-1996 were we apart of the dreadful Humberside! On the same topic; it still infuriates me when people refer to Humberside in the media. :yahoo::cold:

Edited by rikki

Posted

Never know they could still be some more later, i have a funny feeling don't know why :S

but yet, temps should hit -5 to -9 in yorkshire/lincs overnight.

lewis

hard to believe as its 1.6c here, is there any chance doncaster could have a 2cm covering for tomorrow night? might be a stupid question lol but thats how bad ive had it here :yahoo:

Posted

hard to believe as its 1.6c here, is there any chance doncaster could have a 2cm covering for tomorrow night? might be a stupid question lol but thats how bad ive had it here :yahoo:

I doubt it mate, sorry.

I'm looking North of me, see if that small band grows/widens as it pushes SSE.

Lewis

Posted

Nice to hear that you all did well, fortunately the rain sleet band went really thin as it passed Leeds so we lost 1cm which could have been worse.

Looks like the main attention is for West Yorkshire now with those showers coming in on Sunday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Sunny Days - Snow - Warm, Dry Days, Thunderstorms

Unfortunately, it turned out to be a disappointment round here. After the early slight additional covering, it's all gone, bar on the odd car and wall :wallbash:

Temps stuck at 1c, DP -0.55c and the winds swung round to the W/ SW <_<

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Well I thought the fat lady had sung, but, unbelievably, it's snowing again :wallbash:

Nah she's left trouser leged off to sheffield araena and won't leave the stage.

Posted

Theres another area of precipitation to the north-east of the main band. Slightly less intense, but its being carried due south on the northerly flow. Could well mean a little more snow for a few areas.

Posted

Very disappointing, but the Sheffield snow shield was in full action, and those showers will not be much good either! To top it all off the snow is actually melting :wallbash: Should freeze in a bit though when skies clear.

Posted

I've read loads of posters from Lincolnshire; myself included. But yes anyone from Lincoln, Skegness, Boston out there we'd love to hear from you?

I'm in Lincoln and I can confirm that is snowing fairly steadily at present. :wallbash:

Posted

Well that was fun for a couple of hours - Our resident fox having a night on the shed roof ! - taken at ISO1600 with 400mm lens and a 500w floodlight in a heavy snowfall - classy - she has since ate half a tin of Pedigree Chum :wallbash:

15762_1263667626041_1060239401_809030_6260396_n.jpg

Edited by Light Without Heat

Posted

Well that was fun for a couple of hours - Our resident fox having a night on the shed roof ! - taken at ISO1600 with 400mm lens and a 500w floodlight in a heavy snowfall - classy - she has since ate half a tin of Pedigree Chum :wallbash:

Bless her lol

Posted

Theres another area of precipitation to the north-east of the main band. Slightly less intense, but its being carried due south on the northerly flow. Could well mean a little more snow for a few areas.

Hopefully it won't turn into another band of NO and will disapate before it gets here.

Frontal snow RIP.

Posted

Very disappointing, but the Sheffield snow shield was in full action, and those showers will not be much good either! To top it all off the snow is actually melting :rofl: Should freeze in a bit though when skies clear.

ours is all gone mate, trying to not let it get me down, might be going to the north york moors on monday, so that will cheer me up, not expecting anything now and not building my hopes up like i did for the future with this happening!

Posted

Well that was fun for a couple of hours - Our resident fox having a night on the shed roof ! - taken at ISO1600 with 400mm lens and a 500w floodlight in a heavy snowfall - classy - she has since ate half a tin of Pedigree Chum :rofl:

You did take it out of the tin didn't you ??????

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the more extreme the better!

Hopefully it won't turn into another band of NO and will disapate before it gets here.

Frontal snow RIP.

I'm off to do a snow dance on the back garden..we still actually have flakes falling.. but they are not settling at all now. Off to have a check..

Posted

Nah she has her own way of pulling that ring pull thingy ! :rofl:

LOL

Posted

Nah she has her own way of pulling that ring pull thingy ! :rofl:

More snow on it's way from the North of us mate. Could intensify as it push's southwards and give us another cm or 2.

Lewis

Posted

It's either snowing or raining again now. Checked now snowing again. Temps highest they have been for 48 hours so go and figure.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the more extreme the better!

just checked we have really grainy stuff falling.. but it's settling better than the big flakes

Posted

ours is all gone mate, trying to not let it get me down, might be going to the north york moors on monday, so that will cheer me up, not expecting anything now and not building my hopes up like i did for the future with this happening!

Don't worry, sooner or later we will get absolutely hammered with the stuff :nonono: