Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion Part 18

Methuselah

Posted

I think it is safe to say by Boxing day, most if not all the snow we have recieved in the past week would of melted. But good news is on the horizon, with another cold spell due around the new year according to GFS and ECM

Yes, but will it be the same? These events are rare in my area. A second time in one winter seems a bit much!

Posted

Just had a sleet shower. The dewpoint's still just below zero but temperature's 1.8° C — didn't understand why it was only sleet until I looked at the uppers and they're –3.8° C, not the –5° C required.

Even so, it doesn't look like a thaw's on the cards tonight.

Same, even if it is rain/sleet tonight most of the snow should stay through Christmas day but by Boxing day when 6C,7C take charge for a while our snow will melt. New Year brings another Cold snap, with the threat of more snow!

GFS 12z shows by new year, more very cold days with temps not getting above 0C in some areas

Edited by Snowman0697

Posted

well the radar showed a heavy snow shower over my town half hour ago but nothing fell. jus -3.5 and freezing fog here. walking in the woods last night was the most lying snow i have ever seen round here. even saw two shooting stars from the top of the hill :drinks: anyhting falling as snow tonight will be a bonus and it certainly isn't going anywhere for a couple of days. barely melted since first fall on friday.

Posted

heavy rain causing flooding here in oxford..

So thats heading your way!!

Gd luck as we have been very unlucky been stuck in middle of all snow systems

Thurs nite:- Too far east the snow was

Fri:- Showers to south and north of us

Sat:- Rain then light snow - didnt settle

Sun Night:- Settled slightly..

Mon:- Rain first then bliazzrds only 2inchs

Tues and weds:- Zilch

As i speak lightnig outside and snowflakes in with the rain :S

Mark,Oxford TEMP HERE : 1C

Posted

-1.2 here and definitely rain in the air

Not got above this temp all day and conditions underfoot are treacherous (know because I went down and my shopping slid across the ice)

One section of road is diabloical, entrance road to Waitrose car park and cars have been wheel spinning/sliding all day long

Apart from the madness in the shop which I didn't join, can't work out why it hasn't been gritted. Its a council owned car park and going to be an accident sooner or later, might have already been for all I know.

Posted

-1.2 here and definitely rain in the air

Not got above this temp all day and conditions underfoot are treacherous (know because I went down and my shopping slid across the ice)

One section of road is diabloical, entrance road to Waitrose car park and cars have been wheel spinning/sliding all day long

Apart from the madness in the shop which I didn't join, can't work out why it hasn't been gritted. Its a council owned car park and going to be an accident sooner or later, might have already been for all I know.

Were theres blame.... Theres A Claim....

J/K

Posted

wooah - just saw a MASSIVE flash and then a big thunder bang..

thundersnow on the way?!!!!?

update: bit of a damp squib.. just the one flash, a bit of rain and that was it.

Edited by justinflavin

Posted

Just lots of rain here, this is when watching the radar is painful seeing it turn to snow the further north the band moves, cannot complain really seen fantastic amount of snow over the last week.

Posted

We cant complain that it is raining, weve had amazing snowfall that has stayed on the ground for the past 6 days. Some snow should last through to Christmas day. A brief milder spell before the cold returns

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

We cant complain that it is raining, weve had amazing snowfall that has stayed on the ground for the past 6 days. Some snow should last through to Christmas day. A brief milder spell before the cold returns

Hasn't rained here — we just had some sleet, if tomorrow's clear, we could still have a white Christmas to look at as we're tucking into the goose and Christmas puds.

It's been totally brilliant. As has NW… my aged parents got their logs in just in time, because I warned them 2 1/2 weeks ago about what was coming.

Posted

Hasn't rained here — we just had some sleet, if tomorrow's clear, we could still have a white Christmas to look at as we're tucking into the goose and Christmas puds.

It's been totally brilliant. As has NW… my aged parents got their logs in just in time, because I warned them 2 1/2 weeks ago about what was coming.

I prefer turkey! But it does look like another cold spell as we go into the new year, which hopefully will bring more snow!

Posted

Unfotunately we have heavy rain. Was hoping the rain would be lighter and showery which would have given me a fighting chance to keep some until xmas day. I would say it will all be gone by then which is slightly disappointing. Cannot complain too much I suppose bearing in mind 6 days snow cover already .

Looks like another cold one brewing after brief warm up.

Currently chucking it down here nad temp slowly going up 3.9c at moment

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

chucking it down here too. at this rate there'll be nothing left in the morning. :drinks:

HOPEFULLY another cold and snowy outbreak next week!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Nasty icy cold RAIN here, washing away some of the slush but not having much impact on the hard snow (yet) so we may still have some left in the morning. Still wondering why the council gritter was out earlier when within an hour it had rained and washed it all away, hopefully they have plenty in stock if they can afford to waste it and will not be saying it has all run out if we get more ice/snow in January !

crazy.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

chucking it down here too. at this rate there'll be nothing left in the morning. :drinks:

HOPEFULLY another cold and snowy outbreak next week!

It's so silly — normally I'd be tearing my hair out raging that I was missing the precipitation, but all I want now is for those blue blobs to miss me — though in all probability they'll get here in the end and wash all the lovely snow away. :drunk:

Posted

Heavy rain here and thunder/lightning= doing a great job of clearing the roads in time for Christmas so very pleased with that. Here's to the next snowy shot after Christmas!

Posted

CNN weather coming up in the next 10 minutes on Freeview channel 84, Sky Digital 506, Virgin Media 607. In-depth forecast for the next few days.

Will there be a white Christmas anywhere in the UK? What about Europe as a whole?

Posted

We have had the snowfall of a lifetime here in the Chilterns, it has been stunningly beautiful for days. Chucking it down with vile rain at the moment washing away any chance of lying snow for Christmas :nonono::wallbash::wallbash: ....We also had a huge flash of lightning and a roll of thunder too.

Posted

We have had the snowfall of a lifetime here in the Chilterns, it has been stunningly beautiful for days. Chucking it down with vile rain at the moment washing away any chance of lying snow for Christmas mad.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gif ....We also had a huge flash of lightning and a roll of thunder too.

Just had a hugh flash of Green lightning no thunder.

now we have hail.