Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scottish Cold Spell Discussion 8

Methuselah

Ditto for your post! You have been very patient given your obvious lack of luck with regards to snow last week, Catch. I would've been much more frustrated, but you've seen the bigger picture and not lost it like some others would! Next week looks good for all of us, so hopefully you'll get your dumping then. By the way, has anyone seen the new weathergirl on the beeb? She just refered to the area from the Campsie fells to northeast Fife as 'the southern uplands' and said the snow band had moved away east, when it was clearly still sitting in central Scotland! Now she's showing snow falling in the northwest of Scotland and talking about dumpings in 'central areas'!! Did she even do Standard Grade/GCSE Geography???

LS

I'm saying nothing, honest:

;):whistling::whistling::aggressive::pardon::drinks::drinks::nonono::mellow::crazy::clap::lazy::cold::yahoo::unknw::drinks::80:8)

What can you say???

I'm still waiting for the Beeb's 4C and rain today. Poor, poor forecasting.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

I'm saying nothing, honest:

tease.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gifaggressive.gifpardon.gifdrinks.gifdrinks.gifnonono.gifmellow.gifcrazy.gifclap.giflazy.gifcold.gifyahoo.gifunknw.gifdrinks.gifmega_shok.gifdirol.gif

What can you say???

I'm still waiting for the Beeb's 4C and rain today. Poor, poor forecasting.

It's 40 mules and an acre stuff - you should sue!!!! I still await my clear intervals this evening - I can't tell what's falling now as I'm not near a lampost but temperatures have just crept above freezing and something heavy is falling - should be snow given dew point and the fact it was always snow here but you never know. It doesn't matter though, even rain will freeze and my snowcover is safe for at least another week!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.

Incredibly we're on marginally on the wrong side of everything at Liberton at 400 ft ASL. It almost makes no sense. Marginal temps but I'd have thought we'd just be dipping into 0c and snow, not rain. Geographically - and checking the radar and the trafficcams, the snow is falling just outside the western city boundary ... and as rain to the east of that. 10 miles... or another 1F drop... or wind flow NOT off the sea... and we might have shared in some bonus snow.

But rain..wallbash.gif I give up ! blink.gifwacko.gifcray.gif

Oh well, the weather does what it wants where it wants laugh.gif

Heavy snow here, although the snow fall is a bit wet but can't complain as that 's now 11 days snowfall on he trot . Not bad for the even larger teapot whistling.gif !

Edited by by-tor

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Evening all... or, morning all?

Just been trying to make sense of MO forecasts, GFS, ECM outputs, etc. for the next few days and failed. Going to revert to radar and lamp-post watching. And wtf is going on in the model thread? Mass suicide?

We've had no fresh snow here for a few days apart from the odd flake but lovely clear skies and temp ranges -4 to +1. A few miles down the road they've had -9 :aggressive: and Inverness was in freezing fog this afternoon :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Evening all... or, morning all?

Just been trying to make sense of MO forecasts, GFS, ECM outputs, etc. for the next few days and failed. Going to revert to radar and lamp-post watching. And wtf is going on in the model thread? Mass suicide?

We've had no fresh snow here for a few days apart from the odd flake but lovely clear skies and temp ranges -4 to +1. A few miles down the road they've had -9 :whistling: and Inverness was in freezing fog this afternoon :whistling:

Currently -10.5'C in the back garden, -13'C to -15'C might be possible by the morning? A cold one. :aggressive:

Posted

If i may add something to the 'bash everything not in Scotland' thread, Braemar recorded a -10.6C MAX yesterday! :aggressive:

Eh?!

Anyway, very cold indeed!

Posted

was rain and sleet down here slight thaw was on the temps are starting to drop but the problem is with 10 inches of snow compacted on to the pavements and roads its solid ice and once it freezes tonight i can see casualty being bizzy tomorrow with broken limbsmellow.gif

Yep, its LETHAL here now, much worse than it was before, its like a sheet of glass!

Posted

The winter scenery, looking over Craig Phadraig in Inverness today towards the Fannich sgurrs.

4215399483_4ed234c904_b.jpg

Posted

snows now been non stop for 7 hours in perth , 10 inches measured in garden :aggressive:

I'm pleased for you, you've been asking about snow in Perth for 2 weeks now.

More to come I'd think as that front stalls before moving off south east.

I would wait if you can.

Well it did turn to snow and it looks like we got about 12 cm. Very marginal.

Edited by Hiya

Posted

The winter scenery, looking over Craig Phadraig in Inverness today towards the Fannich sgurrs.

4215399483_4ed234c904_b.jpg

Cad a mar ata tu?

Posted

Cad a mar ata tu?

You might have better luck in the Irish threads with that, mo charaid, although I'm sure he'll understand it!

I'm right on the edge of the front and it is still marginal, currently snowing though.

Still a chance of a level foot in Perth.

"Accumulations of 5 to 10cm are possible, particularly over higher ground."

mmmm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Light snow here in Sneckie... :aggressive:

Judging from the radar, Perth could well get a level foot!! :whistling:

Posted

You might have better luck in the Irish threads with that, mo charaid, although I'm sure he'll understand it!

I'm right on the edge of the front and it is still marginal, currently snowing though.

Still a chance of a level foot in Perth.

"Accumulations of 5 to 10cm are possible, particularly over higher ground."

mmmm

Oh right :/ don't any of you guys speak Scots Gaelic then? I speak a little through intrest.

Posted

snows went off :( lol

It'll be back on in a minute :)

Mine is turning more to rain.

Oh right :/ don't any of you guys speak Scots Gaelic then? I speak a little through intrest.

Yeah some of us do but that was Northern Irish you posted!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Still heavy snow here - reckon we have at least 8 inches on the grass, with a fresh 4 inches on roads - good to here perth's joined in the fun. Giant flakes here now, accumulating very quickly now.

LS