Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scottish Cold Spell Discussion 8

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Had some light snow in Glasgow there, looks as though it's turned back to sleet.

Posted

Morning all. Got about 2" between midnight and 7am but been raining since then,looking slushy now and we are 200mtrs above sea level.Amazing the diff that 10-20 miles can make as up in gods country its looking very snowy. nonono.gif aye.ph34r.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.

Congrats to all who added to their totals overnight good.gif

Real messy situation here at Liberton, Embra. Snow coming down this last 30-45 minutes is trying to make up for the rain damage of last night. And given time it might make good, at least to cover up the mushy patches I woke up to an hour ago.

Surprised to see from the Princes Street webcam that the middle of town has held onto as much as it has, so just maybe it won't be a total bust here. Not pretty any more, buts its there !

Not looking forward to going back to Leith which will be the biggest local casualty of the marginality of the last 48-72 hours but fun and games to come whatevers happened !

Edited by by-tor

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Rain looks like it's about to stop in a few minutes, leaving us with a net gain of a few inches on yesterday. Photos: post-9298-12619076362613_thumb.jpgpost-9298-12619076786413_thumb.jpgpost-9298-12619077755513_thumb.jpg

Fax charts look good, with a trough pushing east across the central belt tomorrow evening, bringing, according to the met office, 5-15cm. after that, easterly convective showers will be the main source of precipitation, with the chance of a white new year for many.

Oh dear. The "south's" snowstorm for Tues/Weds is heading north. Duck for cover!!

Look at the 06z for Tues & Weds. Epic snowfall forecast for next week for Northern Ireland and Southern Central Scotland...

Edited by CatchMyDrift

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: A foggy and frosty morning with newly fallen pristine snow - Paradise!

Unbelievable. Nine inches of snow overnight making over a foot of lying snow. Slight drizzle now Temp. +1.7C DP +1.2C.

Neighbours digging their cars out as I will have to do later for my Monday Rota in Dundee tomorrow.

Don't think the Methadone patients will take "snowed in" as a valid reason for denying them their fix!:whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

well it was raining here this morning and we're now getting wet snow, even at this lower level sooo not bad, a good bit of melt but still plenty of snow cover left.

Interesting times ahead.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Not looking good here at all. Will we get any more snow? Incessant rain now and I think we've had plenty overnight judging by the amount of snow we've lost.

Just typical. :whistling:

Not looking good here at all. Will we get any more snow? Incessant rain now and I think we've had plenty overnight judging by the amount of snow we've lost.

Just typical. :whistling:

How much snow have you got left? Remember that yesterday, today and tomorrow are the mildish days before the colder air comes back. So just hang fast GB!! :lol: :) :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Here it snowed for a good bit of the night but turned back to sleety rain. Though a couple of cms fell it turned everything very wet and slushy in places. A bit disappointing.

Meanwhile my brother texted from Aberfeldy to say that they have over a foot of powdery snow.

I have just checked the local weather reportng site for there and he is reporting 40cms of level powder [with accompanying pictures]. Dam I wish That I hadn't come back down here yesterday afternoon.

40 cms level is more than they had there in March 2006 or Feb2001 and may well be the deepest since the eighties. [1984 certainly had more]

Posted

Here it snowed for a good bit of the night but turned back to sleety rain. Though a couple of cms fell it turned everything very wet and slushy in places. A bit disappointing.

Meanwhile my brother texted from Aberfeldy to say that they have over a foot of powdery snow.

I have just checked the local weather reportng site for there and he is reporting 40cms of level powder [with accompanying pictures]. Dam I wish That I hadn't come back down here yesterday afternoon.

40 cms level is more than they had there in March 2006 or Feb2001 and may well be the deepest since the eighties. [1984 certainly had more]

Its amazing..........and there is more forecast........be interesting to see how deep some locations get by the end of next week!

Posted

Oh dear. The "south's" snowstorm for Tues/Weds is heading north. Duck for cover!!

Look at the 06z for Tues & Weds. Epic snowfall forecast for next week for Northern Ireland and Southern Central Scotland...

Nice I be home for that if that come offdrunk.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Its amazing..........and there is more forecast........be interesting to see how deep some locations get by the end of next week!

Here is the link to the Aberfeldy weather site.

http://www.aberfeldyweather.com/

Somewhere could have 2 feet of snow, easily. If Aberfeldy has 40cm now.....3 feet of snow by a week tomorrow??? I know some people have missed out or have a thaw on just now but this cold period has been amazing. And looking at the models suggests at least a week more to come. I have to keep reminding myself it is still only the 27th of Dec with months of potential winter to come.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Tuesday night could be a bit snowy for us east coasties -post-9298-12619093341513_thumb.png

Posted

Here is the link to the Aberfeldy weather site.

http://www.aberfeldyweather.com/

Good stuff.Looks amazing thanks for the link norrance.

We will look like that by this time next week i hope...............rolleyes.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.

Ditto here at Liberton/Gracemount. Redeemed itself for last nights almost bizarre rainfall and theres a gloss coat of white to cover up the damage from that. Maybe just over 1cm but welcome enough and the roofs are white again.

Every day is interesting just now and throwing up unexpected situations !

Wet snow now here too - looks like the cold air is undercutting as it pivots

Edited by by-tor

Posted

Ditto here at Liberton/Gracemount. Redeemed itself for last nights almost bizarre rainfall and theres a gloss coat of white to cover up the damage from that.

Every day is interesting just now and throwing up unexpected situations !

Morning all. Nice fresh snow this am. Its snowing/raining/sleeting here now although i think its gonna turn to just snow. Just off to check the METO.

EDIT:Just checked meto and my area is to be sunshine whistling.gif today and tomorrow, yet we have a severe weather warning both days for snow......confused.com!

Edited by Snowlover2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

A mild day here, been above freezing for the last hour or so. Dropping back now as the sky clears though. No fresh snow but still plenty around...