Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scottish Cold Spell Discussion 9

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

I am going to be gutted when winter ends, although i was thinking, since we are having a great winter, do you think this could mean we will have a great summer?........hahah joking obviously

Joe B seems to think so actually - his credibility has to go up after this winter.

Posted
  • Location: Carnoustie Angus Scotland. (week days) Dundee (weekends)
  • Location: Carnoustie Angus Scotland. (week days) Dundee (weekends)

Lots of showers all the way down the coast (looking at the nw radar).

Posted

Joe B seems to think so actually - his credibility has to go up after this winter.

Your just giving all the right answers tonight lol. Snowball fights in Dec...gorgeous tan in August.....what more could i ask for? lol

Posted

Aye I can imagine! I had meant for the UK city originally, had forgotten about Glasgow's 1995 cracker! :whistling:

Oh and guess who is going skiing in the Cairngorms for two days from the 2nd!! :whistling:

Enjoy.

I believe the skiing is brilliant up at Cairngorm at the moment and I cant see it deteriorating in the meantime.......:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

+1C in Glasgow. :whistling:

Could actually do with some snow in Glasgow. Would make the pavements more easy to negotiate!

Some people were talking about rivers freezing up earlier, here are some photos of a weird ice curtain/dam I saw on the walk back down from my parents' house today:

Plus a photo of my parents' garden, lowland curling loch in the background:

Edited by CatchMyDrift

Posted

Some people were talking about rivers freezing up earlier, here are some photos of a weird ice curtain/dam I saw on the walk back down from my parents' house today:

Fantastic pics......nature is so beautiful

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Fab pics! i remember scenes like that in the lammermuirs years ago.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Snow back on here. By the looks of the radar this shower won't amount to much but there is a lot more tracking towards the Tay behind it, which'll pick up intensity on its way.

Posted

Snow bound for Abdn on radar?

Yes..............nice little spell of snow coming up for you. I'm jealous!!!:whistling:

As Mr Tattum said earlier........we only get a shower every 12 or 24 hours.

Snow back on here. By the looks of the radar this shower won't amount to much but there is a lot more tracking towards the Tay behind it, which'll pick up intensity on its way.

So a long night of curtain twitching radar watching ahead for you LS??!! ;):)

I know it is just coincidence but has anyone else picked up on the Dec 81-Dec 95-Dec 09 14 years between good cold spells sequence??? :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Snow now falling here too!!

Posted

snow, snow, snow...those in poor peterhead had snow that has now turned to rain and melted the last of the snow...since the wind has picked up its caused a thaw...lets hope the same doesnt happen here.

Am i right in hearing that the Stirling hogmany festival is cancelled due to ice and snow?

Posted

Temps at Lossiemouth & Kinloss now rising.

Inverness still holding firm.

Fingers crossed arms crossed and legs crossed...........but i fear temps are rising. Dalcross -8C and my garden now -9C:crazy:

Posted

I would just like to thank everyone on here, as it is by far the best source of finding out what the weather is doing. The thread has occupied me for hours on end this last fortnight so thanks and keep up the good work. :)

Met office saying it should be 4 °C ENE 18 mph-30 mph, which is a complete joke as it is -5.8 with no wind. I wont complain though as I am loving the cold snap. Enjoy the rest of your winter. :)

All eyes to southern Norway. If ever a PL may form from that area then conditions may well be getting towards the right side of marginal in the next wee while. Of course, that is just me saying this....and what would I know???

Not something you see everyday, -40C uppers over Scotland:

Edited by CatchMyDrift

Posted

Temps at Lossiemouth & Kinloss now rising.

Inverness still holding firm.

Fingers crossed arms crossed and legs crossed...........but i fear temps are rising. Dalcross -8C and my garden now -9C:crazy:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Dalcross is still at -12'C? :)