Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scottish Cold Spell Discussion 9

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: A foggy and frosty morning with newly fallen pristine snow - Paradise!

hey all - sorry to barge in but how much snow do you all have?

Hi Izi, Perth has 12 inches, 9 of which fell overnight Saturday. Max Temp -9.1C today -15.4C last night.

Posted

we had a little snow a little while ago. I said to the kids, oh look its snowing. They BOTH went UGHHHH. I asked them if they didn't like snow anymore, they said they still liked it but that it "snows all the time now"rofl.gif

Anymore snow for my area tonight?

Hi Izi, Perth has 12 inches, 9 of which fell overnight Saturday. Max Temp -9.1C today -15.4C last night.

Don't forget Aberfeldy on about 40cm (unless that has thawed).

We have about 4-5 inches herelocally (i.e. at my parents' house about 1/2 mile away), although it is really hard to tell at my flat as the lane at the front and the garden at the back have taken a battering due to cars/salt/kids etc, etc.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.

FAO all Fife posters: send down some of that drier colder air here pronto, and I'll never ever say again that Fifers are tight-fisted so and so's.

I swear on the body of my crumbling snowman ! :D

Posted

FAO all Fife posters: send down some of that drier colder air here pronto, and I'll never ever say again that Fifers are tight-fisted so and so's.

I swear on the body of my crumbling snowman ! laugh.gif

:D tight-fisted? Am born and lived all my life until 3 years ago In edinburgh, Gilmerton so i dont count in that :Dwhistling.gif

Posted
  • Location: Carnoustie Angus Scotland. (week days) Dundee (weekends)
  • Location: Carnoustie Angus Scotland. (week days) Dundee (weekends)

And its on again. I'm going to bed soon, this is mad!! i am behaving like a child lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms and extremes

I swear on the body of my crumbling snowman ! laugh.gif

I worked in Edinburgh for 3 years, long enough to speak the language.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Now I know my geography isn't the best in the world, but how long has the English Channel been NE of the Isle of Man ?

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

EDIT: Zoom in

No wonder some forecasts go wrong! :whistling:

Posted

yahoo.gif haha its snowing i had no idea becuase of the way its blowing i cant see it, i just done a lamp post check lol

I think you just took my snow :ph34r:

Cowdenbeath is exactly NE of here and the wind is NE :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: A foggy and frosty morning with newly fallen pristine snow - Paradise!

Nothing out of that shower for Perth.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.

See ! They're stealing our snow. I knew it ! :shok:

I think you just took my snow :ph34r:

Cowdenbeath is exactly NE of here and the wind is NE :wallbash:

Posted

Appears to have gone Tayport - Glenfarg - Dunblane and missed Perth on its Northern edge so showers travelling NE - SW not directly East.:wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Stopped here, but hopefullly the growing convection just southeast of St Andrews combined with the heavy showers in the North Sea tracking towards the Tay will start a snow streamer for pretty much anywhere within 10 miles of the Tay, though areas further west and south will also see some, with southern parts of Fife also seeing more showers from the convection just off the Fife coast, more especially later in the night. Significant accumulations possible overnight, and that's just the beginning!!!!

LS

Posted

Evening all,

I must say I find the Met Office's current temperature in Aberdeen of -1° way off.

It is bone chillingly cold out there at the moment, it must be close to -5 or -6 - my car reading measureed -4° at 4pm.

They currently have Lossiemouth at -10°!

Some snow showers off the east coast should give a nice covering to eastern Grampian, Angus and Fife in the next few hours.

Posted

There is quite a rack of them building off the coast.

Yes Snowplough and they are coming in at the right angle for Perth.

Posted

Stopped here, but hopefullly the growing convection just southeast of St Andrews combined with the heavy showers in the North Sea tracking towards the Tay will start a snow streamer for pretty much anywhere within 10 miles of the Tay, though areas further west and south will also see some, with southern parts of Fife also seeing more showers from the convection just off the Fife coast, more especially later in the night. Significant accumulations possible overnight, and that's just the beginning!!!!

LS

I LOVE your last sentenceair_kiss.gif

Posted

Was in Aberdeen shopping for the little one today, took my usual route over Riverside Drive and thought, what the he*l is going on? Cars stopped all along the drive, then i quickly noticed the River Dee...well, just have a look!

I hope you post these pics in the photography section, they are awesome !! <_<

or in the general model thread where they are chatting about the Thames freezing over <_<