Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

I've told you guys time and time again... Leicester has it's own climate, it is a snowless zone.

Comes from someone who did pretty well in Feb, we got Lettuce all LOL

Posted

I've told you guys time and time again... Leicester has it's own climate, it is a snowless zone.

We have got the same problem here in didcot, Didcot is the only place I know that gets it own snow system from the powerstation. I have photo of my freinds backgarden coverd in snow yet no where eles has any.

Posted

Only saving grace here is if any of the heavy showers in the SW make it here and fall as snow.

you're only about 4 or 5 miles from here' how can it be possible that you have no snow and its coming down really well here?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Hmm snow seems heavier now than what the radar suggests???

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW!

Sorry to intrude but heavy snow is falling at Villa park (Aston Villa's ground) Which is located in Birmingham.

Thought I would tell you as I am watching the Villa vs Liverpool match on Sky Sports 1.

Be nice to have a draw there - brilliant to see Birmingham top of the form league and 7th in the prem (nosebleed time).

Sleeting here but nice temps & dewpoints - both below zero now.

Posted

Nowt but rain here. To be honest I'm not as disappointed as I'd usually be but given it was always highly marginal for here and the fact that we got snow last week with the prospect of more on the way in the coming days, I can take it this time.

Well done to the Met Office/BBC who have called this one excellently. An area of rain turning increasingly wintry particularly over higher ground in the West Midlands/Wales as it hits the colder air. That is precisely what has happened.

Shame the colder air wasn't slightly further south. That's what has prevented it from being an even better event. But still, some snow for a lucky few.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

To prove I am not fibbing, take a look at this:

post-7600-12621157582513_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Be nice to have a draw there - brilliant to see Birmingham top of the form league and 7th in the prem (nosebleed time).

Sleeting here but nice temps & dewpoints - both below zero now.

stoke were robbed

Posted

1 inch of snow at the top of the Lickeys (294m asl), about 1/2cm of slushy snow down here (156m asl), still snowing though. Goes to show what a difference a bit of altitude makes sometimes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Still a very sleety mix..occasionally a little more in the way of snow. This WONT AT THIS RATE AT ANY POINT accumulate.

Posted

band of showers to the south of us are catching the main band up ever so quickly, that may reintensify the southern half of the front

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/index.html

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

I have to say I am seriously gutted. We have been so unlucky this winter so far. I have 4 children who would love some snow and we have had nothing bar one tiny sprinkling that looked like frost. The front has moved over me now and nothing falling from the sky so I guess it's all over here. Good Luck to those of you who are in Birmingham area as it seems to be stalling over you and your temps are more conducive to the snow hence you getting these falls you are all mentioning.

Am signing off now to drink wine! :drunk:

Posted
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)

Starting to turn to snow here. 1.4c and dew point of -1c. I'm at 165m ASL

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

Glad I came to Hinckley tonight , Chucking it down with Snow here in HInckley town centre

You're having a giraffe ! That's barely 10 miles away.

Edit: It's now snowing right at the very end of the PPN band lol.

Edited by Supercell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

Just watching the Liverpool match at Villa Park on TV and its snowing heavy there, but the radar shows it as sleet??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

snowing better now, but seems like im too far north, i remember Ian Brown saying this wouldnt make it north of penkridge, certainly looking that way

SKY 401 hmmm am i too far north :drunk:

Edited by mark forster 630

Posted

starting to turn to turn to snow in hinckley? What u mean its already chucking it down and starting to settle here in the centre. Surely it is in leicester to nw?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Nice 1 Nick now dont ever throw the towel in again!!

Well it worked didn't it? :drunk:

Looks heavy at Vile Park, must be heavy if it's settling on a pitch with undersoil heating!

Posted

Just watching the Liverpool match at Villa Park on TV and its snowing heavy there, but the radar shows it as sleet??

The precip type overlay is taken direct from the GFS data, which is inaccurate. The Rain Today radar is actually picking up reds/greys where the snow is occurring:

www.raintoday.co.uk.