Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Back edge seems close to Coventry and its turned light and sleety again.But there is more stuff forming over the south Midlands that could merge into this.

Edited by Tonyh

Posted

seriously dude, you need to get you eyes checked!

Andy I'm now seeing sleet, but it's about 60/40 in favour of snow now to be honest. I have not been outside to see how cold it is, but perhaps the dream is alive?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

well ok sleet good.gif

Posted

any1 knw if them heavy shower look like merging with the main area of precip? Would be gd 4 more southern areas if it did.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Just went out and did a quick measure, 1.5cm here so it is the most I have got from one event so far.

Posted

Nice pic Albion Snowman!

You look like you got a much better covering of snow there than what I've got here! 0.5-1cm in parts, some of it is just slushy. Still snowing moderately for us anyway, with a nice heavy band of precip to our south west. Not sure if it will make it here, or whether it'll be heavy snow.

The snowfall here isn't exactly increasing the depth, more it's not making a difference or just making things worse!

I think it'll fall as snow, as it looks like it's gonna smack into the same area of cold air as the main front.

Would be nice otherwise I cannot see where all the media forecasts for 20-30cm are gonna come from.

The heviest precip' is in all the places the forecasters said it wouldn't be in ...southwest and east midlands...not much in wales either atm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Blimey! Some really heavy stuff appearing on the radar just west of Gloucestershire. Somewhere is going to get a pasting from that lot. :drunk:

It's coming to Stratford so keep your hands off!!! :crazy:

Posted

Still a sleety mixture here - the transition from pure rain to pure snow is and has taken too long - there are puddles everywhere and a heavy wintry mix falling, any accumulation chances are now OVER - event over and hype OTT as always - the rugeley affect yet again. As alwasy you'll understand my pessimism eventually guys.

That sucks - I'm at Hednesford and it's great here - still snowing well and a good layer set down on the ground. Now if only people would learn to drive in the snow it wouldn't have taken me nearly an hour to get to the chippy and back smile.gif

Edited by dayvey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers

Lot of wet snow falling here near Rugely, just starting to stick! here's hoping

Posted

Briefly turned lighter with small flakes, but getting heavier again with big flakes. Keeping a keen eye on those very heavy showers over the SW Midlands!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fog, Drizzle, Rain, Wind and Thunderstorms

It's coming to Stratford so keep your hands off!!!

I sincerely hope so, just had drizzle here all day! No snow at all this winter either - oh well!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Right near cornwall could be another batch hitting us later. :crazy:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

I sincerely hope so, just had drizzle here all day! No snow at all this winter either - oh well!

Did you not have some snow about an hour ago? We did! Too wet to settle though... (I'm in Wilmcote so not far from you).

Posted

Nice pic Albion Snowman!

You look like you got a much better covering of snow there than what I've got here! 0.5-1cm in parts, some of it is just slushy. Still snowing moderately for us anyway, with a nice heavy band of precip to our south west. Not sure if it will make it here, or whether it'll be heavy snow.

The snowfall here isn't exactly increasing the depth, more it's not making a difference or just making things worse!

Thanks! Although i think with that heavier band of PPN it may skirt to our SE. I dont think its got enough of a NW movement on it unless it beefs up on on its western edge?

Still Moderate snow and accumulating nicely!

Posted

well... im back from work and......no lying snowaggressive.gif

should have expected it tho i s'pose!

nevermind it was still great to see the snow falling! they think im nuts at work! I was running around telling my staff and residents that it had started snowing and all i got was shocked looks that i could get soooo excited about the snow and everyone was calling me weather geek by the end of my shift laugh.gif . no sure but i think it has been snowing in redditch since 17:30/18:00. I think it has just stopped! Alot of falling snow, heavy at times but has not lay on the ground, just very slightly on the grass dirol.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Lot of wet snow falling here near Rugely, just starting to stick! here's hoping

Well as far as my eye can see its only snowing lightly and isn't sticking much at all - in relation to nick's 1.5cm in Cannock, we have nothing on the floor bar the odd patch of icey snow on a few car roofs. Dreadful.

Posted

It's coming to Stratford so keep your hands off!!! :whistling:

Yes I think you could be in the firing line. Looks like it will move up and affect Worcs/Warks/Staffs. It'll be interesting to see what happens when it catches up with the main band. I'm guessing it will sort of absorb it and it will lose its intensity somewhat. But nevertheless a very heavy bash of rain, sleet or snow moving through Glocs to affect aforementioned counties later.

Posted

It's coming to Stratford so keep your hands off!!! :whistling:

Yes, and looks like Banbury may get a sniff this time as the snow seems to be heading south.

Let's hope. :whistling:

Posted

Well as far as my eye can see its only snowing lightly and isn't sticking much at all - in relation to nick's 1.5cm in Cannock, we have nothing on the floor bar the odd patch of icey snow on a few car roofs. Dreadful.

Radders, there is an area of much heavier precipitation heading in our general direction, all is not lost for you yet!

Still light-moderate snow here, decent sized flakes.

Edited by nick2702