Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Work... Cold but clear. Fun.. 12" of snow!

Saint,what you do with your undergarments is your shizzle....ph34r.gif

Yes, back for the duration!!!ph34r.gif

Model thread here I come !!ph34r.gif

Posted

I'm getting to the stage now of I'll believe it when I see it :D I know things arn't certain and change constantly but all the is it/is'nt it is driving me :D

Posted

Saint,what you do with your undergarments is your shizzle....ph34r.gif

Yes, back for the duration!!!ph34r.gif

Model thread here I come !!ph34r.gif

Ok ok man! you now wat im gona spread my underpants shizzle all over da site mate! (Last time we did that was ages ago!:D)

We have the cold, just wait for the snow.

Posted

I'm starting to be a doubter! Everywhere except here will be cold and deluged with snow,....... Mid Kent...... +5 for days, dry and lots of peed off winter weather enthusiasts!

I can see it coming!!

:D

Posted

I'm getting to the stage now of I'll believe it when I see it :D I know things arn't certain and change constantly but all the is it/is'nt it is driving me :D

Firstly, hopefully people come on here because you love weather, i look at looking at models wether ecm or gfs as watching a horse race, your horse my start out in front but that dont mean its going to win. charts constantly change

secondly, although the main ppcn event keeps getting moved back from tuesday to looking like friday now, inbetween then we will have snow in most places, you have to watch the radars and meto charts. looking at gfs from tuesday night till thursday we could see quite a bit of snow, so just keep looking at the radars/

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

^ Wouldn't even call that south east ! , we are in the south east and i don't see any warning.

Posted

PMSL...seee, everywhere surrounding here, except here. The Medway and Maidstone Greenhouse effect!!!

Mid Kent , East Kent Greenhouse effect would be a better saying :) . I haven't seen a decent fall of lying snow for over a year now

Posted

Just seen that update Yamkin... I think this is just for ice really and for any occasional flurries we get tonight... Having said that, it looks like the showers are orgainisng themselves into a band again!

Posted

Couldn't believe last February. Here I am thinking we're doing well with 4" or so, yet over Wrotham Hill, Swanley and the whole of South London looked like flippin' Lapland! 12-18"s Too much North Down protection here I think.

We either get it big (1986? 1996?) or miss out big time (all other times!)!

Posted

PMSL...seee, everywhere surrounding here, except here. The Medway and Maidstone Greenhouse effect!!!

your not alone mate!! we are treated the same here in thanet snow wise, last feb we had hardly anything as well and this time with all the will it and wont it posts I just dont know anymore and am totally confused

Posted

I think the met office flash warning is mainly for ice. They mention the possibility of sleet/snow showers. Nothing special, the real snow always looks a few days away and will continue to be.

Edit; It has been frosty in shaded spots all day though lol

Edited by rmc1987

Posted

Couldn't believe last February. Here I am thinking we're doing well with 4" or so, yet over Wrotham Hill, Swanley and the whole of South London looked like flippin' Lapland! 12-18"s Too much North Down protection here I think.

We either get it big (1986? 1996?) or miss out big time (all other times!)!

Yre lucky!my village recieved its first heavy snow shower in over 5 years on new years day,

ive been waiting and waiting and when it arrived i was in lancashire!

if i get no snow out of this cold spell and others do, i will still be chuffed to bits because

this winter is turning out to be a proper winter!

or we could go back to 12c and wind and rain!

Posted

But atleast with wind and rain , you know you will get Wind and Rain unlike this sham of a winter(imby)

Posted

The GFS 18z is another pile of crap run for my area and really most in this region (away from the usual annoying snow hogging suck zones - N EA etc) will be lucky to get 2 tiny cms between now and when this 'beast' ends.

Yesterday after the 12z ECM; I was looking at some Snow showers from Sunday to Tuesday, with masses of snow streaming in for Wednesday and lasting for days and days with no let up to the cold.

Today I'm now looking at mainly dry for the next week with perhaps the odd snow flurry from wednesday onwards, then the milder/marginal air starts knocking on the door for the end of next weekend - nothing out of the ordinary for mid winter.

Looking forward to a bit frost I guess. . .

Posted

But atleast with wind and rain , you know you will get Wind and Rain unlike this sham of a winter(imby)

its not over yet!

we will get what we get and we cant change that

dont forget we had a good summer!

Posted

Evening all,

Had a dusting from the stuff peeping up a little down this way.

Anyone know where that big batch of cloud approaching from the sw is going to end up? Seems we have the stuff coming from the north and that band in the sw still trying to push up.

Would this cause some convergence for some?

Thanks if you can answer, still learning!

Meso

Posted

reading the model thread, it sounds like a downgrade of sorts on 18z for us. Steve m, cheer us up mate!

Posted

BTW I love your HDR stuff. Bit of a Am-Tog myself but not as good as your stuff!!

Are you a Nikonian or a Canon man???