Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

The whole family 10 off us ranging from 60 to under 3 are heading up to Centre Parcs Elveden Forest tomorrow, and i have promised my Grandson 10p for everytime he hits nanny with a snowball (for some reason nanny dont seem to be too pleased :girl_devil: ), just wondering if there is any snow laying around up there, I am assuming that prospect for snow in that area will be good from when we arrive (Monday midday) to when we depart on Friday, what is it like up there in this type of weather is it prone to snow so by the wash streamer etc? Hopefully we can manage a few epic snowball fights as i have a few scores to settle over various football matters. :whistling:

Posted

First post of 2010 for me. Just popped round to corner shop for paper and sky turning grey. Dark clouds blowing in on a light NE and North Downs to NE of Maidstone disappearing.

Update - just started snowing in Maidstone, light of course but def sticking!

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Proper snow , nice big flakes!

Posted

Morning everyone,

looks like east Kent could do well with snow today!

For my area including london and the rest of the home counties Tuesday looks like seeing snowfall but other than that it's bone dry right up until the weekend!

The more experienced posters were really ramping up this week for snowfall on Friday night " the SE will shut down"

I got slated for keeping my feet firmly on the ground

guess what? Sun sun sun all week apart from Tuesday with a little snow!

EA, Kent look doing ok though!

I love a ramp too, but wish people especially members who know better would not ramp up charts that were 5 days away. You must be realistic!

Don't get me wrong these charts are stunning and I fully appreciate them, but they don't seem so good when it's bone dry away from Kent and EA!

Have a good Sunday everyone :-)

Posted

http://www.accuweath...m/ukie/laminate floori-europe-blog.asp?partner=accuweather

Interesting to read the latest Accuweather thoughts from Joe laminate floori, and they always say good things come to those who wait... let's see!

It might be, but the link didnt work ?!

Posted

Morning everyone,

looks like east Kent could do well with snow today!

For my area including london and the rest of the home counties Tuesday looks like seeing snowfall but other than that it's bone dry right up until the weekend!

The more experienced posters were really ramping up this week for snowfall on Friday night " the SE will shut down"

I got slated for keeping my feet firmly on the ground

guess what? Sun sun sun all week apart from Tuesday with a little snow!

EA, Kent look doing ok though!

I love a ramp too, but wish people especially members who know better would not ramp up charts that were 5 days away. You must be realistic!

Don't get me wrong these charts are stunning and I fully appreciate them, but they don't seem so good when it's bone dry away from Kent and EA!

Have a good Sunday everyone :-)

not the whole of east kent unfortunately :girl_devil: we have sunshine and 4.8c

Posted

Sorry guys, the swear filter dosen't like Joes links! :girl_devil: I think you need to cut and paste this into your browser:

http://www.accuweather.com/ukie/bastardi-europe-blog.asp?partner=accuweather

Posted

Everything is going white! , lovely dusting :girl_devil::whistling:

Posted

Not a flake overnight here, just a hard frost. A little disappointing but I think our chances were always going to be best after Tuesday :girl_devil:

Currently -1.5c, overnight low of -2.3c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Interesting few hours coming up for the Medway towns and further east in Kent + extreme coastal fringes of Essex.

Heres the GFS 06z windstream chart for midday. http://charts.netweather.tv/gfsimages/gfs.20100103/06/06/ukwind.png

Some convergence there off the Essex coast. The METO have a warning out too.

Dont think the showers will get as far west as the London area though, not enough east in the flow.

Hopefully the rest of the SE and E.Anglia will join the party in a few days time!

Regards,

Tom.

Posted

Big chunky 50p flakes , the road is white coming down so slowly!

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

I'm on the edge of that Kent snow zone - might see a little bit of snow from it though

Looking on the radar the echoes are heading this way - assuming they keep their oomph through Canterbury and Ashford. Next stop...me!

Edited by North Sea Snow Convection

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

had radio norfolk on this morning as people have been ringing up the saying how the sundays papers are saying could be a foot of snow on the eastern side of the uk with temps down to -20. so they got some guy from weather quest based at the uea,and he said "yes it will be about -20 on the highlands of scotland,but for us it will be cold with temps being around 1 to 4c all week night time temps could be as low as -7 in the fenland area. But as for snow apart from a prolonged spell on tues night the rest of the week looks dry and cold with most of the heavy snow to the north of england and scotland...then he said it is possible that milder air will push in from the south west next sunday...So help what charts are they looking at?

Posted

I'm on the edge of that Kent snow zone - might see a little bit of snow from it though

Looking on the radar the echoes are heading this way - assuming they keep their oomph through Canterdbury and Ashford. Next stop...me!

Judging by the Dutch radar, they have plenty of oomph!

What time do you think?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Not moaning (much) but just looked at the met office warning and Dartford is surrounded by the orange warning, but guess what it is in the green section. Don't really makes sense to me as surely if the warninga have surrounded outer London then the snow must be passing through the area, unless of course we are to have rain?

Wonder what Neil would had said if Tyler Hill was in this situation :yahoo:

Usual problem is that East Anglia gobbles up most of the showers before they hit this area on a NEly unless we have more organised bands of PPN, as you go further East along the Estuary the better chance of getting a hit.

We nead more of an Easterly like last Feb, then game on!

Posted

wow. Im looking out across the thames and to my north east as far as the eye can see. Theres a line of cloud that must be 50 miles long. Its literally 2 miles from me to my south. The likes of sheppy, grain and medway must be getting pounded. So frustrating for me, but great for you guys on the other side. May just clip me soon.

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

Judging by the Dutch radar, they have plenty of oomph!

What time do you think?

Judging from reports of snow falling in Maidstone then within the next hour I would saysmile.gif