East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Blue Sky ! that shower was not as intense as i thought it would be

Posted

I've been following that band, its got Maidstone written all over it :lol:

Looking at that, leaving the cursor on the leading edge, it seems to take 1 hour for it to pass through, so looks if it does hit, it will be heavy and more prolonged than the flurries that are about. However, looking at the track speed, looks as if it could take 2 hours or so to reach, plenty of time to dissapate.

The great weather cam at Sheerness will be a good "lookout tower" to see it's approach to this area. Weathercam North East View

Edited by Halling Weather

Posted

Steve Murr, TEITS to name but 2, post informative, detailed and in an entertaining style, almost always urging caution with interpreation and yet we get posters with just a few posts to their name telling them what they should and shouldn't post both here and in model thread.

Some posters seem to think they need to give 15 minute updates on whether they have snow falling or whether it's quite as cold as 30 minutes ago.

Other posters seem to think they need to keep stating they don't think it will be that bad. Not just once but after anyone even remotely posts with excitement and hope about decent snowfall. I get the feeling that these same posters will be stating well 20cms is not that much. Or well it's not as widespread as such and such year.

It's not a discussion anymore, it just seems like a "I told you so thread"

God knows what this thread will be like if we lost some of the more useful posts. Not enjoyable for anyone I would think.

Anyhow I am off to get the shovel ready for the mid to end of the week period.

Posted

How much snow

will we have in Kent by the end of this week?

You might as well ask for the lottery numbers.

Look at the General Model thread and you will start to see the range of potential outcomes.

Posted

How much snow

will we have in Kent by the end of this week?

From 1cm to 10cm+ , some parts of kent will have lots others will be getting angry and shouting at the forecasters :lol:

Posted

Excellent post Nick and its worth saying that the vast majority of lurkers / part-timers etc really value the posts from yourself and Steve etc. I know I do and I appreciate a lot of effort goes into them. Keep them coming please.

Here , here ...... This is a site for weather enthusias with mostly a amateur background . Some have such passion that they have learnt the weather to a greater understanding and are able to come on here and share their knowledge but more importantly their enthusiasm for weather specially during the winter season when we all know how just rare a snow event or prolong cold is in this country .people have ramped the models and why not , some of the models have been showing the type of weather event we all come to this site to share in but at T 120- T 144 rather than T 300 which has been the case in the past . Fair dos if people were ramping synpotics at T 300 then that is indeed irresponsible but can you really have a go at somebodies passion / enthusiasm at the T 144 ....... we all know the finer details change upto T 48 or later but the general trend is there so let's enjoy each others passion rather than criticizing the odd ramp . I sincerly hope those posters carry on with posting their views that make this site so enjoyable

Posted

News 24 forecaster said that snow is not likely south of the midlands because it will be to warm and wil be of rain! (What he said at 11.00):lol: :lol: (Tuesday/wednesday snow)

Edited by saint

Posted

What about tunbridge wells?

Well that's kent right? :fool:

News 24 forecaster said that snow is not likely south of the midlands because it will be to warm and wil be of rain! (What he said at 11.00):wacko: :unknw:

From what i've seen it seems to be the western areas not us as a mild sector runs down the western side

Posted

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

-have spent the New Year holiday in Bergen Norway where before we have seen stormy wet mild weather but this time we arrived to snow a foot deep and temperatures which have struggled to get above -5 all week. Lovely, though could have done with seeing more falling snow than we have done, although there has been some.

Flying home tomorrow but there is some snow due here tomorrow apparently. Would appreciate anyone with the knowledge telling me how much is expected here in Bergen (ie could it be disruptive to flights?) and is it from the same front that we might see again the day after we arrive back?

Posted

A nice snow trail coming in today, nice to see. Snow still falling but this is from 10 minutes of intense snow, blue sky approaching but thats just a small pocket lots of dark clouds to the north east and east across the north sea approaching I can see.

snow.JPG

Posted

BBC1 Weather for the week now :unknw:

They could not get it right, I would not bother stay on here for the professionals. Lets face it Michael Fish had it spot on and that was from Thursday!!!! that young bunch at BBC have no clue.... Only Rob and Daniel are any good.

Posted

Woah! That friday forecast was crazy. He said "I don't want you to worry yet but this could happen" And "We could see a little snow go to a lot of snow" He did hand actions too!

We will have to wait and see!

Edited by saint

Guest FireStorm

What a lovely sight willitrain is to wake up to for the Kent members. I sincerly hope those that do recieve snow, ENJOY the snow.

Although even for such a localised thread there is still tonnes of upset people. You cant please all the people all the time - and even the ones who do get snow arent happy unless you have to dig a snow tunnel just to get out of your bedroom window (you live on the 26th floor of a tower block :unknw: )

I truely sympathise with every single member who does not have snow and if I could stretch out a band of snow so it covers the entire UK out 10miles into the sea at the same time and everyone gets their ideal snow amounts I really would.

It looks like Kent is getting its fair share but who's to say this coming week will not verify?

I REALLY want this coming week to be a massive payload for the entire UK so that for once there's :wacko: raised and then spilt from sledging over a bump for all

Edit: Cell moving towards North Kent appears to be fading??

Edited by FireStorm