Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

The voice of reason Yamkin! Your posts always bring me a glimmer of hope. Here in SW London area we have not had any snow that has settled really. I too am going to take it by the ''radar'' as even the local metO forecast for my area was showing snow showers for yesterday and today and we have had nothing. I must admit I prefer the lovely crisp cold air with bright sunshine to the dreaded dross from the Atlantic anyday. I'm very jealous of you guys in Kent :) enjoy guys and spare a thought for us in the snow starved areas.

Thanks for your kind words Amanzi :)MetO have updated their Advisory Warnings for the SE :);)

London & South East England:

Gtr London

Kent

Medway

Heavy Snow Wed 6 Jan

There is a moderate risk of severe weather continuing to affect parts of Scotland and much of eastern England during Wednesday.

Snow showers are likely to be heavy and frequent at times, giving further falls of several cm in many areas.

Issued at: 1116 Sun 3 Jan

London & South East England:

Brighton + Hove

E Sussex

Gtr London

Kent

Medway

Heavy Snow Thu 7 Jan

There is a moderate risk of severe weather continuing to affect parts of Scotland and much of eastern England during Thursday.

Snow showers are likely to be heavy and frequent at times giving further falls of several cm in many areas.

Issued at: 1119 Sun 3 Jan

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

Meto updated warnings for Wed / Thu include more of the SE now for heavy snow including London.

Sorry Yamkin beat me to it.

Edited by Jayces

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

HOLY!!!!!!!!!1

That forecast ;):):)

Recorded and kept :)

Posted

Blimey the BBC are bigger rampers than me.

What a blast in the past that forecast was. I will say to the younger members that the forecast was a typical forecast for the 80's when an E,ly was on its way. I would go as far to say that the forecast was probably one of the best i've ever seen!

Posted

clouding over in se essex. Maybe the wind gods are starting to smile on us? Looks more of an ene wind now...

Posted

Tomasz Schafernaker's Countryfile forecast was the best Ive ever seen! What an exciting week we have infront of us!

Posted

Blimey the BBC are bigger rampers than me.

What a blast in the past that forecast was. I will say to the younger members that the forecast was a typical forecast for the 80's when an E,ly was on its way. I would go as far to say that the forecast was probably one of the best i've ever seen!

CLASSIC love it.... real blast from the past, I had to pinch myself as to was I still in 2010 or 1986!

Posted

Upload it to youtube if you can. I missed it

That forecast was absolutely epic, 'I don't want to panic you at this stage' he said! Where are all the cold and dry posters :)

Posted

Tomasz Schafernaker's Countryfile forecast was the best Ive ever seen! What an exciting week we have infront of us!

The only part I didn't agree with was the no snow South of the Midlands (Apart from Eastern) As the mild sector is going down the Western side, not through the South.

But heavy snow showers the rest of the week and then there was Friday!:)

Posted

lol.. now bbc news 24 saying its not gonna be cold enough tuesday onwards down here for snow. and then a 4c popped up for us southerners.. looks like this is all going belly up ppl!! i dont know.. think il give up.. ROLL ON SUMMER :)

Posted

can you link it to your tube i missed i cant wait till to- night!!!

Posted

What a countryfile forecast. Snow action starts on Tuesday for the SE and gets progressively more intense as the week progresses...and that could be just the start. Been waiting for a forecast like that for over 20 years, lets hope it comes to fruition. If that Friday chart does deliver as forecast there would indeed be grid lock...a nice long weekend for some could be beckening. :)

Posted

What a countryfile forecast. Snow action starts on Tuesday for the SE and gets progressively more intense as the week progresses...and that could be just the start. Been waiting for a forecast like that for over 20 years, lets hope it comes to fruition. If that Friday chart does deliver as forecast there would indeed be grid lock...a nice long weekend for some could be beckening. :)

If the Jet stream holds this could be a very intense Winter. Remember the great winters did not start until January and March even.... so it is going to be interesting. I bet Kent county council is panicking thinking of what to do now, as they have not got proper snow equipment for intense falls..... How funny!

Posted

Steve Murr, TEITS to name but 2, post informative, detailed and in an entertaining style, almost always urging caution with interpreation and yet we get posters with just a few posts to their name telling them what they should and shouldn't post both here and in model thread.

Some posters seem to think they need to give 15 minute updates on whether they have snow falling or whether it's quite as cold as 30 minutes ago.

Other posters seem to think they need to keep stating they don't think it will be that bad. Not just once but after anyone even remotely posts with excitement and hope about decent snowfall. I get the feeling that these same posters will be stating well 20cms is not that much. Or well it's not as widespread as such and such year.

It's not a discussion anymore, it just seems like a "I told you so thread"

God knows what this thread will be like if we lost some of the more useful posts. Not enjoyable for anyone I would think.

Anyhow I am off to get the shovel ready for the mid to end of the week period.

lol........well said

Posted

I dont know about a youtube link, but there is a guy who puts up the countryfile forecasts, so type it in later today on Youtube

Posted

blackie, paul s. I think we maybe in luck... Wind looks like its shifted and very dark clouds overhead!

Guest FireStorm

This is what Friday looked like after he said 'Now I don't want you to panic...'

:) thats alot of tipex been spilt.

People will still complain :)

Posted

The only part I didn't agree with was the no snow South of the Midlands (Apart from Eastern) As the mild sector is going down the Western side, not through the South.

But heavy snow showers the rest of the week and then there was Friday!:)

I didnt get why that is going to happen either on Tuesday, but still snow for our region!

Posted

Current data for Linslade

03 January 2010 12:08:58

Temperature (°C):

Current 1.2

Trend (per hour) +0.1

Average today 0.4

Wind chill -0.7

Heat Index 1.2

Dew Point -1.7

Rel Humidity 81%

Wind (mph):

Current Gust 7.6 SE

Average Speed 3.8 ESE

Rainfall (mm):

Current rate 0.0

Last hour 0.0

Total today 0.3

Total yesterday 0.0

Total this month 0.6

Total this year 0.6

Pressure (mb):

Current 1023.9

Trend (per hour) +0.1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

Yeah add me to the list of wants to see it now on youtube as I was reading here and missed it. Maybe it's on I player?