East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted

Joe B for once has been right this winter, and this POSSIBLE event that could happen next Friday is undoubtly the "Major" Snowstorm he predicted. This could go wrong though, if the low goes further south on the day. A great week for snow we have ahead of us though!

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Looking at the radar a nice big snow shower heading in from the North sea- Heading towards sittingbourne way- on course maidstone > poss sevenoaks..

S

Yep looks a good one too , winds are great east/north east

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

does anyone think lodon area and surrey may get a few rogue flurries today or tonight ?

Posted

Joe B for once has been right this winter, and this POSSIBLE event that could happen next Friday is undoubtly the "Major" Snowstorm he predicted. This could go wrong though, if the low goes further south on the day. A great week for snow we have ahead of us though!

when did he predict the "Major" snowstorm ?

I'm going to predict a Severe 2 day Thunderstorm spell - with at least 2 tornados, sometime between 01st August and 30th of August 2010

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

You won't be able to see France from the church in Tenterden!!! :):rofl::):)

Posted

get a few pics up matey- Nice to see thomas shnafflicker giving a rampy forecast-

lets hope it all varifies....

S

Hi Steve, Are you getting that very warm tummy feeling about the snow onslaught this coming week? I am :)

Have you noticed the ppn seems to be notching our way

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

Hi Steve, Are you getting that very warm tummy feeling about the snow onslaught this coming week? I am laugh.gif

that would be great even too see a dusting not greedy.

Posted

I'm going to predict a Severe 2 day Thunderstorm spell - with at least 2 tornados, sometime between 01st August and 30th of August 2010

He predicted a "potentially crippling" snowstorm for England yesterday in his European blog

Guest FireStorm

Hi All,

Seems to be snowing all around me - any idea if or when there might be snow in Rochester? Ta :)

There should be yes. I'm not too far from you and there snizzle here (snow drizzle) but extremly tiny and it took 5mins of staring to see it

Posted

does anyone think lodon area and surrey may get a few rogue flurries today or tonight ?

I think some will, not sure how much, prob just some flurries but the radar does look nice and I'm now seeing small cauliflower heads floating by and the breeze is picking up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

Nice fluffy snow flakes in Clacton which have got even bigger since i took these pic's :D

post-4676-12625240133313_thumb.jpg

post-4676-12625239701413_thumb.jpg

post-4676-12625239251413_thumb.jpg

post-4676-12625238783913_thumb.jpg

Hi Steve, Are you getting that very warm tummy feeling about the snow onslaught this coming week? I am :D

snow flurry here in barnehurst currently- More edging into Kent- probable covering for central kent this afternoon-

Again the forecasts have well documented on here for today....

some of the flurries in kent are developing & moving west towards sussex & slurrey

S

Edited by Steve Murr

Posted

Check out my signature. Just a part of Joe B's amazing summary. Also, check out Steve Murr's signature :D

Posted

Clouds bubbling up to the north of Brighton but not sure we are going to get any today,still keep positive lol.

Posted

been snowing here on and off all morning. settled at first then the sun came out and it started to melt now snowing again but having a hard time settling on melted areas but still accumilating on areas that have got still got snow.

Posted

There are some beefy clouds on the horizon over to the North and East ...

The temp has now dropped away to +2c in Ramsgate in the sun ... just need some of those beefy shower clouds to blow over this waygood.gif

Guest FireStorm

Looking at the radar a nice big snow shower heading in from the North sea- Heading towards sittingbourne way- on course maidstone > poss sevenoaks..

S

The focus for those in North Kent appears to be the echos coming in across the Essex coastline. Southend-on-sea

The Rochester poster should also be seeing something soon. Theres echos appearing near Gillingham

Posted

i notice thomasz doesn't think it'll be cold enough for snow in london by the time the tuesday system gets down here(news 24 forecast at 12.57). i guess it depends on the timing. outside london any elevation will help, the chilterns, north downs etc, and anywhere with existing snow fields. after tuesday, then the real cold kicks in!!!

Posted

Morning all!

Even as far west as me I have some quite big clouds out into the channel just running along the channel. I just wish they would come towards here!

You can always hope! :D

Posted

S

Poss Tonbridge :D,snowing now as it happens

Posted

Clouds about over Burgess Hill nothing falling from them tho lol

Clouds bubbling up to the north of Brighton but not sure we are going to get any today,still keep positive lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: We've hit the giant daddy jackpot!

All this doomsday scenario for the mother of all snowstorms is hilarious, but I have to admit that if the charts remain correct we could be in for a serious storm. No doubt about it.