Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West England Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate suits me very fine.

WOOOOOOOOOO, nice covering in barnstaple right now, hope the showers keep coming as snow. :).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat, Ice, Freezing Fog. Etc

Light snow started on dog walk here, really is light but i noticed any snow grains that landed ain't going anywhere! Precip radar looks to hold massive potential, especially if its projected to intensify as it heads this way. Gonna be an interesting day - I'm supposed to be putting up a fence today! Really looking forward to hole digging...

Posted

Saw Ian's forecast at 07:29. I reckon the heavier stuff tonite is in danger of missing BTL area. Think Cotswolds will be OK, but reckon the main area to be hit in our region is thru' Chippenham, Swindon and into rest of Wilts and Dorset.

Hope i'm wrong.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Nothing in south wales!

Posted

WOOOOOOOOOO, nice covering in barnstaple right now, hope the showers keep coming as snow. <_<.

im hoping so as well im out at landkey so hoping im just far enough inland.. Just talked to my work mates out in Bideford and they say its bad out there also ilfracombe combe martin ect i need to get some sleep but cant take my eyes of the radar..

kaz

Posted

Nothing in south wales!

Yet but have you seen then radar for this morning alone? and how dark the sky has gone?

Posted

I await with great trepidation my first snowflake of the winter! Seriously if I don't see one in the next 24 hours I will be packing my bags and heading off to the Urals!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

The precip in Wales seem fairly well organised, as the Temps don't get to high then I think we will all see snow at some point today.

Posted

Not to bad bristol does look like they could see a few cms still but looks way more widespread metoffce have already got are warnings ready.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

I await with great trepidation my first snowflake of the winter! Seriously if I don't see one in the next 24 hours I will be packing my bags and heading off to the Urals!

Have a nice trip <_< Only teasing, you should see something today.

Posted

Has anyone got an update going by the latest charts on how today is going to pan out?

Posted

HAS TO BE ARE TURN NOW THE SNOW STARVED PLACES GET THERE SNOW WITH A BANG TOO THIS COULD BE ONE SERIOUS EVENT METOFFICR THINK SO IF THEY CONFIDENCE IS ALREADY HIGH ENOUGH TO ISSUE A EARLY WARNING!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Light snow started on dog walk here, really is light but i noticed any snow grains that landed ain't going anywhere! Precip radar looks to hold massive potential, especially if its projected to intensify as it heads this way. Gonna be an interesting day - I'm supposed to be putting up a fence today! Really looking forward to hole digging...

Rather you than me, there was no snow when I left Stroud earlier but thats good news thanks for sharing, I hope I can get back up the hill later.

Posted

already looks like its snowed here with all the trees white looks stunning hopefully it will be snow on the trees this time tomorrow morning.

Posted

Has anyone got an update going by the latest charts on how today is going to pan out?

Still a little disagreement in the charts at present

GFS has the heaviest of the snowfall siightly further NW, across the likes of SE wales, Gloucestershire, up into southern extremities of herefordshire and worcestershire, down into wiltshire, bristol and north somerset

NAE has it slightly further SE of there, with wiltshire certainly taking the brunt either way

NAE total precip between 7 and 40mm (widely 10 and 17mm)

GFS has 11 and 26mm, but with a much broader swathe of between 14-26mm

Just to re-itterate for anybody unsure, VERY ROUGHLY speaking, 1mm = 1cm of snow at 0c

So, for a broader scale GFS looking better, although we must rememner NAE has a higher resolution. Will be interesting to see from Ian the forecaster modified NAE.

So at this stage id suggest probably 10-15cm for many of us, particularly in the east of the region, somewhere, probably on the cotswolds (maybe forrest of dean) could hit the jackpot - 30cm

SK

Edit: First few flakes falling here

Edited by snowking

Posted

Did anyone see the fantastic RED sky 20 mins ago in Glos or anywhere else..

Took some pics,,absolutely stunning RED

Yeah for a brief moment the clouds were pink here, most strange.

Edited by SteveB

Posted

Yeah for a brief moment the clouds were pink here, most strange.

The next neighbours must of thought I was crazy as I shot the windows open to take pics,

The sky was fantastic will post up after I get my 10 ft drifts :)

Posted

Just do what I did and move just up the road to higher ground, think were going to be aright.

Current temp -2.8c

Posted

Still a little disagreement in the charts at present

GFS has the heaviest of the snowfall siightly further NW, across the likes of SE wales, Gloucestershire, up into southern extremities of herefordshire and worcestershire, down into wiltshire, bristol and north Somerset

NAE has it slightly further SE of there, with wiltshire certainly taking the brunt either way

NAE total precip between 7 and 40mm (widely 10 and 17mm)

GFS has 11 and 26mm, but with a much broader swathe of between 14-26mm

Just to re-iterate for anybody unsure, VERY ROUGHLY speaking, 1mm = 1cm of snow at 0c

So, for a broader scale GFS looking better, although we must remember NAE has a higher resolution. Will be interesting to see from Ian the forecaster modified NAE.

So at this stage id suggest probably 10-15cm for many of us, particularly in the east of the region, somewhere, probably on the cotswolds (maybe forrest of dean) could hit the jackpot - 30cm

SK

Edit: First few flakes falling here

Thanks for the update, it looks like there is plenty of opportunities over the coming days as well.