Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

if you look at the xc weather map and hover over your area you will see the wind direction is changing this afternoon :cc_confused:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

Quite a few people might care as it only snowed for an hour leaving little more than an inch.

My point is it's been and gone for some areas already and moving South. What we have may slowly thaw. Cosford, Shawbury, Chester, Wrexham all showing above freezing temps and the radar shows the main band has passed through. Let's hope for some more later though but that may be it for today.

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

And some of us have not had anything approaching a cm yet... only a very light dusting, and thats pretty much gone... were banking on the now later... or today will have been very frustrating!

Posted

It's started snowing here very lightly. All the frost has melted off my car and is dripping off the roof which it didn't do yesterday as our top temperature was minus 1.5 all day. My outside temperature probe is now reading plus 0.3. In the words of Calvin and Hobbes - 'C'mon - SNOW!'

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

You don't know the half of it! Not only is there bog all snow here, but back home (where it never snows) has a Very Heavy Snowfall warning for accumulations overnight of 15-30cm, maybe even 40cm. I'm not happy... nonono.gif

OMG, I totally know what you mean!!! I used to live up in Lancashire, in Rochdale and then Todmorden in the Pennines, and although we used to get some snow there, never have I ever seen it snow there like it has this winter!!! They must have about a foot by now, and I just want to cry! Its so painful watching the radar, as mansfield and Ashfield get hammered, and we have mist... stupid Nottingham... cant wait to move to Derbyshire Dales....

mega_shok.gif

Posted

Oooh, hang on. The Met Office have finally issued a warning for Northamptonshire, which puts us in the orange zone for tonight. Hurrah!

East Midlands:

Northamptonshire

Heavy Snow 1800 Tue 5 1100 Wed 6

Outbreaks of snow will turn heavy this evening and overnight giving fresh accumulations of 10-15 cm in places and perhaps locally in excess of 20 cm. This could cause widespread disruption to transport.

The public are advised to take extra care and refer to the Highways Agency for further advise on traffic disruption on motorways and trunk roads.

Issued at: 1150 Tue 5 Jan

At last. :cc_confused: Perhaps someone is reading my disgruntled comments?

Posted

I think we will see snow. Whether it will be as heavy or prolonged as counties to our south and west is uncertain. Clearly the Met Office don't think so. But I think the potential is definitely there based on the GFS and other models.

Met O have upgraded us Dan!

That band of showers coming out of brum have our name on it.

Posted

I think we will see snow. Whether it will be as heavy or prolonged as counties to our south and west is uncertain. Clearly the Met Office don't think so. But I think the potential is definitely there based on the GFS and other models.

Love that avatar :) I never seen a take action issued before, 40cm forecast for London that is going to carnage down there.

Posted

Went for a walk to check how everyone is coping with the 1.5-2" falls, and it would seem people are doing fine. Although I did see a car skid on the road with their bumper hitting the curb, and another car crashing into someone's garden wall. Oh dear, if any more snow falls this evening, it's going to be chaos in Birmingham. laugh.gif

yea! its chaos in redditch atm!

against my advice hubby decides to be a hero and take the car out in it about an hour ago! well...you guessed it! he got stuck a few miles down the road! he hasn't come back yet rolleyes.gif ' he was on the phone saying that he has seen two accidents and cars sliding around in the snow! and sirens everywheere! snowing again lightly heredrinks.gif

Posted

Love that avatar rolleyes.gif I never seen a take action issued before, 40cm forecast for London that is going to carnage down there.

Lates from the MetO for Northamptonshire.

NorthamptonshireHeavy Snow1800 Tue 51100 Wed 6Outbreaks of snow will turn heavy this evening and overnight giving fresh accumulations of 10-15 cm in places and perhaps locally in excess of 20 cm. This could cause widespread disruption to transport.

The public are advised to take extra care and refer to the Highways Agency for further advise on traffic disruption on motorways and trunk roads.

Edited by Lancs_Northants

Posted

I dont know if anyone else has noticed the RED warnings on MetO website, i just got back home and spotted it WOW!!

Oh yes, I've noticed. Given the warning is for where I live back home... :yahoo:

And in Nottingham, nought. Just bits of dandruff. Horrendous luck.

Posted

NorthamptonshireHeavy Snow1800 Tue 51100 Wed 6Outbreaks of snow will turn heavy this evening and overnight giving fresh accumulations of 10-15 cm in places and perhaps locally in excess of 20 cm. This could cause widespread disruption to transport.

Yeeeeeees looks like I'll be out on my quad all day tomorrow then.

Edited by phantom

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

awwww! dont sleep for long because i love your funny posts! biggrin.gif

Awww, you are sweet thank you :)

Well I have just woken up... and what on earth does the radar think it's doing!!!!?????? It's not budging towards Leicester one bit, we are stuck with a 1cm sugar dusting while 100 miles North is getting the pasting of it's life, absolutely BRILLIANT *smacks self on head* :yahoo::doh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Looks to me like the SW is getting hit HARD at the moment!

Posted

Looks like again my area is actually the place that wont be getting hardly an snow again! When it looks like west midlands is the worst hit it actually may one of the lightest hit! Grrr. And the villa match is called off I'm not happy, in fact I'm quite sad

Posted

Oh yes, I've noticed. Given the warning is for where I live back home... :yahoo:

And in Nottingham, nought. Just bits of dandruff. Horrendous luck.

Sorry, wasn`t trying to rub it in or anything, thats called VERY unlucky! :doh:

Posted

Better late than never! To be honest places further south and west do look better placed overall so I can understand the red warnings. There's going to be some astronomical accumulations in places, that's for sure.

Posted

Hi

I am puzzled?? I live in Wellingborough and its been snowing since 7am!! 1-2

inch of snow!!?????? Now some blue skies..but betting it will start again soon!!!

we only have dusting ??????????

Posted

Better late than never! To be honest places further south and west do look better placed overall so I can understand the red warnings. There's going to be some astronomical accumulations in places, that's for sure.

fingers crossed we are on the border with the RED take action...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

I can't believe how unlucky I am in BIG snow events again lol. 2 weeks ago when the South of me got pasted I got 0.5cm, from it. Today even Birmingham has got about 3cm or so and North Nottingham has around 3-5cm and Leicester has 1cm dusting and according to the forecast from the beeb Leicester will miss the fun and games AGAIN, even Devon is doing better and that is an absolute insult :good:

Edited by andy_leics22

Posted

Sorry, wasn`t trying to rub it in or anything, thats called VERY unlucky! :(

I know, it's the worst luck in the world! But it's probably for the best I'm up here, otherwise coming back up to uni for my exams might have been an effort with a foot or more of snow around Dorset. :good: