Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

You can quite clearly see in teh radar the gap that has developed so I'm guessing Derby, Loughborough and North Leicester will miss out on this first wave. South Leicester may just about be clipped by this band.

The next wave of snow should arrive in the afternoon around 2pm...can quite clearly see it arcing on the radar around the Wigan, Bolton area as the wind changes direction. Lets just hope it does not weaken before it hits the Midlands.

For tonight, the best bet seems to be the SE Midlands (Northampton, Warwick, Banbury etc) and Oxfordshire but things will change.

Hgb

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Well looks like Notts misses out by 15 or so miles... Looking at radar it does seem to be slowing its eastward progress now so hopefully when it all heads south we'll get at least some snow out of this!

Posted
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'

At the the garage in Cradley Heath getting 4 new wrangler tyres fitted. The snow has eased off a little and an inch or so has setteld. The main roads are covered but have seen the gritters our. Passed a couple of merc SLR's incapable of getting up a slight hill!!

Posted

Well looks like Notts misses out by 15 or so miles... Looking at radar it does seem to be slowing its eastward progress now so hopefully when it all heads south we'll get at least some snow out of this!

If you look at the radar, there is a gap developing north west of Derby. Wait for it to be directly north of us, and the winds will change too :lol:

Posted

Judging by Radar, it just shows how lucky I got! But I think I deserve some luck after the Summer I've had to endure! I'd say aroun 1.5-2" falls for some parts of Birmingham. The snow was very heavy for a time, but generally heavy throughout its 30min duration. Hopefully we can get some more snow this evening!

has it stopped there already? how long do u think i have before it stops?

About another 15-20 mins of light snow before stopping and the next wave comes in the afternoon

thanks mate

Posted

For tonight, the best bet seems to be the SE Midlands (Northampton, Warwick, Banbury etc) and Oxfordshire but things will change.

Hgb

Aren't you just lovely! Music to my ears that.

Well except the part about it changing of course. :lol:

Posted

Judging by the radar it looks like the main band has been and gone. Left An inch in an hour.

That'll probably be it till this evening.

Just light snow here now and Mrs Kar says it has stopped back home as well (nearer shropshire border)

Edited by kar999

Posted

Still moderate snow after an hour in the City centre (Birmingham). Even Corporation St (Major Bus Route) Has a slight covering on the road but the pavements are a good few centimetres!

Posted

Snowing great here :drinks: Will stick around for a while too hopefully

Heavier snow has passed over here now, could have some moderate to light for a while yet though :air_kiss:

Posted

OMG! its snowing soooo heavy here! already cars r struggling to get up our road! the teachers wont get the kids learning anything today! my boys will be staring out the window of the classroom in excitment!

Schools starting to close round here. Snow is much lighter now, probably a good 3 inches on the ground. :air_kiss:

Edited by Koppite

Posted

Still moderate snow after an hour in the City centre (Birmingham). Even Corporation St (Major Bus Route) Has a slight covering on the road but the pavements are a good few centimetres!

well it doesn't look like stopping any time soon for me! still very heavy snow here

Posted

Glad to hear lots of you have a good lot of snow, but here in Leicester, we've been a little unlucky. Please, please someone, tell me that Leicester is due a bit of snow at least some time later????

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Yes Derby-Nottingham-Leicester have been very unlucky with this band - especially Derby/Notts as we were so very very close!

Still only the light covering from overnight. We must await the wind to change direction by looks of it.

Posted

post-9715-12626884730625_thumb.jpg

Just one pic when the snow was gradually getting heavier.

Lucky you , The Curse of The Leicestershire Gap has struck again !

Posted

Completely stopped here now. Hoping temperatures wont rise and cause a slow thaw. Cosford showing +1 with dew point -1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Forecaster Centaurea Weather

Started snowing large flakes here now in the last half hour, accumulation already and by the looks of the radar we could be developing a line of snowfall across the southern midlands for a few hours.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Interesting people close to me are reporting very heavy snow. We've a lot of what I would call light snow falling but its nowhere near the amounts you're all talking about, just giving a covering really!

Posted

First snowfall of the winter commenced in Evesham at 10.50am :) And looks like there's a fair bit to come!