Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

fairly sure the eastern edge of the band is going to be easily east enough now to cover large parts of essex

Yes, and when it crosses the Thames and off the Essex coast and pivots NW it will intensify yahoo.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

Snow is getting heavier and settling yahoo.gifclap.gif

how long is this likely to carry on for mate

Posted

:) *waves back*

Thought I saw a bit of blue on the radar about two pixels wide but it died just before it got here... :)

:wacko:ahhh well we have had snow all ready cant be too greedy tis early in the year yet!!!

Posted

about 2-3 cm here so far in linslade and biger flakes falling

Current data for Linslade

05 January 2010 21:44:45

Temperature (°C):

Current -0.3

Trend (per hour) +0.1

Average today -1.5

Wind chill -0.3

Humidex -2.8

Dew Point -1.4

Rel Humidity 92%

Wind (mph):

Current Gust 0.0 SE

Average Speed 0.0 ---

Pressure (mb):

Current 999.4

Trend (per hour) -0.2

Posted

fairly sure the eastern edge of the band is going to be easily east enough now to cover large parts of essex

Really ?

The radar scan I just saw at 2130 shows the Eastern Side of the Heavier precip not moving anymore East from the 2100 scan, there are some light blues further east but looks like the eastern extent may have been reached, I would say Darren (Kold) is right as this pivots and moves North Greater London out to say Dartford, NE London may be the eastern extent.

Paul S

Posted

I so hope I am one of those parts of Essex!! My 6 year old son would love a snow day tomorrow!

Posted
  • Location: Bishop's Stortford in England and Klingenmünster in Germany
  • Location: Bishop's Stortford in England and Klingenmünster in Germany

Well Done TEITS You did call this very well. It is falling a good 50 miles further East than predicted even by the very latest model outputs. i expect some in somerset etc are very dissapointed as they rarely get anything down there and they where the "sweet spot" This has now shifted to west london / west Herts and Bucks. I doubt if it will continue moving east though what do you think TEITS?

Not so sure really - Met O are now starting to call it bit further east and north - at least the sort of fall out zone. Looks nice for TETIS' neck of the woods tomorrow as well. I get the impression that if we (in the east) get anything we should treat it as a great bonus ahead of a snowy weekend. Last Feb's easterly put circa 9 cm down here in half a night.

Posted

Maybe 15cm if you are lucky by 10am. there will be a dry spell (11-00) for our region before the heavier convective line pushes up in the early hrs.

Hi Tim! How's it looking for St. Albans (West Herts) I notice the snow here is much heavier then it was....Good signs?

Edited by saint

Posted

Seems to be snowing everwhere apart from here

You are not alone mate. No sign of a single flake here in St Neots in west Cambs. Dont think we will see any either..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather

Wow , the entire south east corner is now covered in precipitation! :):)

Again, where do you get this inaccurate info from? precipitation stopped a hour or so ago, where it is still going it is Steady sleet/rain along a huge swath of south/ south east coast.

Edited by jasonuk

Hi Bexleyheathites,

Yes its tantalisingly close now. Want to get under the ppn before your 10 o'clock deadline Steve, hopefully theres' a little more NE momentum yet! :)

Steve, have you changed your mind over the NE extent of this, at all?

Regards,

Tom.

Nope- SE london / South Essex along the Easterly tail-stretching out towards dartford - ( the heavier type PPN)

Tom- any heavier stuff yet- Mums in Eltham- im in bex-

S

Edited by Steve Murr

Posted

Maybe 15cm if you are lucky by 10am. there will be a dry spell (11-00) for our region before the heavier convective line pushes up in the early hrs.

Thanks mate. Hope you get loads of snow too!:) 15cm by 10 am would be awesome! I wonder if we are due any more in the south east after midday - anyone know?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

Just got home from the City. No snow as i left...a dusting at Hackney Downs and light snow here...the type that surreptiously covers the ground and you have to keep checking lamposts to see if it's still coming down

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

how long is this likely to carry on for mate

24hours :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mediterranean climates (Valencia is perfect)

WOOOHOOO, FINALLY it is starting to get heavier here yahoo.gif (nr Sunbury, south of heathrow) let's just hope it stays like this and I could get a decent covering.. btw is it ecpected to get heavier?

Posted

Well Done TEITS You did call this very well. It is falling a good 50 miles further East than predicted even by the very latest model outputs. i expect some in somerset etc are very dissapointed as they rarely get anything down there and they where the "sweet spot" This has now shifted to west london / west Herts and Bucks. I doubt if it will continue moving east though what do you think TEITS?

Cheers mate.

I think there is some more N momentum to come yet. However as this band will also pivot there will be some extension of the precip to the E also.

Really difficult forecast tonight/tomorrow and lets not forget around 6am tomorrow the band of snow showers in the N sea will push into the region and move S. This could also bring a band of organised snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

24hours yahoo.gif

cheers sounds good panic over for now

Edited by snowbob

Posted

I simply can't believe the shape of the low!!!

On radar its AMAZING, you can see its center of circulation near the IoW with a clear slot and strong convection wrapping around the Ne section...honestly that looks rather closer to a hurricane shape then a normal extra-tropical low, its a stunning looking thing right now, I doubt it holds that shape long but thats such an impressive looking system...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wintry and stormy weather

How long is it likely to go on for? The rain today site has the snow fairly whacking through? I did read reports it would hang about all night or thereabouts...Perhaps i'm wrong though.

Posted

Hi Tim! 'it looking for St. Albans (West Herts) I notice the snow here is much heavier then it was....Good signs?

Just seen the 18z and guess where the "sweet spot is?" Right over west Herts / South beds and up towards SW Cammbs. It has the precip moving about 50 miles NE then stalling before the low fills and fizzles out tommorow eve. It has precip over the whole SE all day tommorow with heavy showers comming in behind!

Posted

Any chance of low making inroads into EA into Cambridgeshire? I cant really tell at the moment

Really hoping - but I just cant see it happening.

Posted

Well obviously we could get some but not the bigger totals, my post was more about the depths above 10cm in the stalled zone.

End of week looking better for us though, but hey they said Midweek for us last Saturday so you never know it might be Sunday now............... :) Just Kidding LOL

:) It is beginning to feel like its always 4 days away buy hey its fun watching / listening to it all nonetheless

Posted

I've got my postcode marked on the NW radar and the main band has stalled about half a centimetre below my postcode. How bl**y frustrating. It doesn't seem to want to push that tiny bit northwards. It must be about a mile to my south!!