Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

GATWICK AIRPORT HAVE SUSPENDED ALL FLIGHTS DUE TO SEVERE SNOWFALL

Posted

The band moving up through Kent is just a brucie bonus I feel. However West Kent may still do VERY well from the main band tonight. Still deciding if it is stalling or still pushing EAST...Any ideas?

Posted

If it hasn't started already then it will any min in Hertford. Expect heavy snow (5-10cm) mainly falling between 11pm and 1am.

Tim

all the snow so far has headed west as it has moved up surley this next band will do the same?

Edited by Andy H

Posted

Nothing Tonight

Something, probably fairly light going through tomorrow

Then we have Thursday.... The start of some beefy showers and feeling bitter in the wind

And Friday, looks ( at the moment) like heavier showers

And Saturday ? -- see Friday

Okay. Will look forward to Thursday then.

Posted

Wind increasing at whitstable - now 10mph... I gather grain snow at Ashford now, can see on radar a snow band heading for us and the way this beast behind is twisting and moving I think this COULD come in more to the east than they forecast. Interesting its changing all the time.... <_<

Posted

C'mon St. Albans! Don't fail me now!<_<

had about 2 cm of snow in hour it has started as sleet turned too to snow and now has turned to rain which is washing the snow away cant see big amounts for my area tonight now along the sussex coast!

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

The band moving up through Kent is just a brucie bonus I feel. However West Kent may still do VERY well from the main band tonight. Still deciding if it is stalling or still pushing EAST...Any ideas?

The main band is now pulsing north <_<

Posted

It's snowing here, but the flakes are tiny and there's no chance of me even getting 2cm at this rate wallbash.gif

Hi Robthefool

I'm also nr Heathrow inbetween Hounslow and Staines and it's coming down a treat, settling everywhere...give it time I'm sure you'll have more than 2cms <_<

Hey there,

Well it stopped snowing in Calais a few hours ago after about 1-2cm, looks like we just got the tail end of that first band.

From what Meteo France is saying it's been snowing heavily in Brittany, so we'll see what happens overnight here. I have to drive down to Boulogne-Sur-Mer tommorrow (about 30k SW of Calais), might be interesting as the last snowfall we had around here created chaos (The French really aren't geared up for heavy snow around here!)

Will try and update tommorrow, hopefully we get a good dumping as it's on it's way North!

Craig P (Calais, France)

Guest FireStorm

Took a break from the weather to blow some stuff up in games online, what have I missed?

Thats a massive blob to the SE! I Think we can officially step up a gear for that area.

We can go from Nowcast to "BLOB WATCH"

Posted
  • Location: Shortlands, Nr Bromley, Kent (could be Greater London, never quite sure!)
  • Location: Shortlands, Nr Bromley, Kent (could be Greater London, never quite sure!)

Just put on my LED headtorch and set it to narrow beam.... BINGO.. Small snowflakes floating around in the calm air. Even in this cold weather we have a couple of foxes making babies in our backgarden.... Noisy B*gg*rs <_<

DS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Wow , the entire south east corner is now covered in precipitation! <_< :blush:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

where are you danm, I'm near Snaresbrook, South Woodford, still waiting!whistling.gif

In ilford. It looks like we could get some.

Posted

! - hopefully not, though in any event the system does appear to be coming a little more east than thought. Nevertheless, expecting a little snow overnight, and the models look good for more tomorrow afternoon / evening. The GFS 12z has us progged for 20+mm PPN tomorrow. This can, however, equally refer to Stortford in Florida.

Well obviously we could get some but not the bigger totals, my post was more about the depths above 10cm in the stalled zone.

End of week looking better for us though, but hey they said Midweek for us last Saturday so you never know it might be Sunday now............... <_< Just Kidding LOL

Posted

Watch out for some Thundersnow Reports for places close to the IOW Eastwards towards Brighton in the next few hours, some Embedded Convection now starting to show it's hand as the Models showed earlier.

Paul S

For a time it looked like a triple point had set-up right over Portsmouth, I wouldn't be surprised to see a second bullseye spot round that way given the constant development of convection in that area..

Anyway radar looks a little better for E.London and SW Essex now, still not sure exactly how far east the band will end up, right now my punt would be around Canvy Island...places east of there will still get snow but it'll be more hit and miss who gets the heavier stuff and the lighter stuff...

Posted
  • Location: Brighton (About 1 mile from the sea and at 89m above sea level)
  • Location: Brighton (About 1 mile from the sea and at 89m above sea level)

4cm of snow and now heavy rain ! Temperature up and down like a yo-yo between 0.4c and 2c

Posted

yep - small flakes, but some heavy stuff not far away!

post-1052-12627259020552_thumb.png

Yes Nick, the big flakes have now arrived in T Wells!

MM

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather of any type.

Ditto with those thoughts - tomorrow looks entertaining to say the least <_<

Hi Bob! Nice to meet someone so close with first post!

This fine, wet stuff is no good for any decent accumulations. But it sure looks interesting out in the channel all of a sudden!

www.raintoday.co.uk

Posted

I must say that this forum almost has an election night vibe to it (Herts has gone orange!) Certainly beats Stoke vs. Fulham... Still waiting for the white stuff in Baldock (but it's close!)