Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Who on earth said no snow on Thurs/Fri for Norfolk because this isn't what the latest fax charts suggest.

Having said this without blowing my own trumpet but it took the Met/BBC till 6pm to say what I said at 10am this morning!

Teits,

You don't need to blow your own trumpet, we KNOW how good you are :-)

Posted

wouldn't worry about Friday, that looks like an unstable flow and as TEITS has just said there should be some sort of disturbance in the flow...

However FAR more interesting is the radar right now!

Got a super impressive radar presentation of the low, I'm not sure whether its an eddy or the real thing but a circulation pushing NE towards IoW...amazing presentation, I'm not sure I've seen such a tight circulation on the NW radar before...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow - I'm an 80 year old kid at heart!

the bbc are now showing no snow for norfolk and suffolk for thurs or fri now either, surprise surprise. No snow here now for 20 years.

Hi - suggest you move 4 miles away to Eye! They always seem to have rain when it's dry all around, and they certainly had some good snow a couple of weeks ago!

Posted

Check out the satellite loop the snow band seems to have quite a lot of easterly momentum, I think this could all continue to move further east than suggested by the professional forecasters http://www.sat24.com/gb

hi from a linslade man !:whistling:

Posted

Looks like tomorrow will be pretty much chaos in London.

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

i can see the headlines london at a stanstill in the morning could easy score a bullseye!!!

Posted

Much heavier snow now, large flakes. Could this be a sign that it is starting to move East?

Good signs for me, reports of Snow in Baldock which is 28 miles away from Cambridge.....

Posted

snow raven- temp here in barnehurst is now -0.2c - grass frozen solid- snow clouds building to the SW-

S

Thanks for the heads up Steve - thats made me feel a bit better that the temp is below freezing - if only just! I just would be gutted if it turned to sleety rain like it did a week or so ago. So gutting!

It it my wishful thinking, or has the sky got that orange kinda glow about it?

Posted

Any updates on potential for a (at the moment) fairly dry Norwich? We are one of the very few left in the yellow regions of the Met Office warnings!

Come to daddy, you naughty snow! Come and sit on my naughty step for a few days......

Posted

Well Done TEITS You did call this very well. It is falling a good 50 miles further East than predicted even by the very latest model outputs. i expect some in somerset etc are very dissapointed as they rarely get anything down there and they where the "sweet spot" This has now shifted to west london / west Herts and Bucks. I doubt if it will continue moving east though what do you think TEITS?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Hi Bexleyheathites,

Yes its tantalisingly close now. Want to get under the ppn before your 10 o'clock deadline Steve, hopefully theres' a little more NE momentum yet! :whistling:

Steve, have you changed your mind over the NE extent of this, at all?

Regards,

Tom.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather

had about 2 cm of snow in hour it has started as sleet turned too to snow and now has turned to rain which is washing the snow away cant see big amounts for my area tonight now along the sussex coast!

Come on dude you have been a Net weather member long enough to put your location in your profile by now?!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mediterranean climates (Valencia is perfect)

Ahh well looks like I'm just going to get light snow all night and get 2cm at best..I'm near Sunbury just south of heathrow, and there are people 5 miles away from me with 3 inches wallbash.gif

Posted

30mm here so far.

Is it heavy? What are the temps?

My house is in Hayes and it has been empty for weeks, me being in Norwich for work. I came back in January about 14 years ago and they where digging up the water pipes outside as there were so many bursts

14 years? Seems like last winter. Jesud, I'm getting old. Anyone remember a cold snap (ice rather tham snow about then?)

Posted

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

i can see the headlines london at a stanstill in the morning could easy score a bullseye!!!

Nice. Looking @ this, the Easterly movement is much more than forecast. There's also a "tail kicker" forming in the channel, that, with the present movement, will arrive from South Kent in a few hours, and perhaps even dust SX by the eraly hours!!!h

Posted

Anyone, do you reckon the 5-10 cm for east herts looks about right?:whistling:

Maybe 15cm if you are lucky by 10am. there will be a dry spell (11-00) for our region before the heavier convective line pushes up in the early hrs.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Judging by the 930 radar, there is a heavy pulse moving up from Kent and into SE London and looks to be steaming north! This just goes to show why nowcasting becomes so crucial in these situations. The forecasts for this time yesterday had the snow staying well to the west of London.

Posted

Much heavier snow now, large flakes. Could this be a sign that it is starting to move East?

Same here - I think we are just into the main band of ppn now - whereas we were on the eastern fringe of it earlier.

The band can pivot now if it wants - that would give us 6-12 hours of this intensity

Posted

Took a break from the weather to blow some stuff up in games online, what have I missed?

Thats a massive blob to the SE! I Think we can officially step up a gear for that area.

We can go from Nowcast to "BLOB WATCH"

:whistling: