Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

earlier posts suggest it wiil start to pivot west at around 10pm,but i must admit it is gaining on cambs faster than i thought . fingers crossed we might see a flake or two

Yes it's getting very close! - it's clouded over outside now too. I think for me in St. Ives I might see a dusting, Huntingdon might see more - the snow is already in the kettering area.

Posted

The further West you are the Better, more dodgy if you were on the Essex/Herts border near Bishop Stortford for example.

Paul S

Ohhh!!!! I'm miles away from that border, closer to the Western borders of Herts, are really West Herts............. I know the front is suppose to pivot but which way?:)

Posted

Stopped again here in Folkestone. 1cm fresh snow... more to come no doubt! Wasn't expecting anything till tomorrow!

Ditto with those thoughts - tomorrow looks entertaining to say the least :)

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Wow the radar certainly upgrades the PPN for london and areas further east and North :)

Yep , it could snow for an hr or so going by radar here :lol:

Posted

Enjoy the fun guys - look forward to seeing pictures of the carnage! :)

Man I'm not looking forward to scraping yet another layer of frost off my car tomorrow... :lol: can't it just warm up here until we get something interesting lol.

Posted

Well after a brief walk in the snow here in Eastbourne we watched it slowly turn back to rain then fizzle out to nothing, temperature now 2c and most of the slight covering of snow has now gone, sigh... Eastbourne, suntrap of the south, bag of sh#te. :-)

Exactly the same here in Hastings. Temp now 1.3.........why do I feel we're going to miss out on this and in the latter part of the week!wallbash.gif

Posted

Why am i not seeing snow i really do not know i hear its snowing all around me but nothing here it really is frustrating :lol: :) :lol: :lol:

Where in Surrey are you?

Posted

Watch out for some Thundersnow Reports for places close to the IOW Eastwards towards Brighton in the next few hours, some Embedded Convection now starting to show it's hand as the Models showed earlier.

Paul S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

We have a frost outside and the snow is frozen solid :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

So close!! The band moving north from Sussex and Kent seems to be pepping up. If the snow missed us now it would be taking the p**s

where are you danm, I'm near Snaresbrook, South Woodford, still waiting!whistling.gif

Posted

So Paul that band that is currently heading straight towards me you expect to stall and not make this far up?

If it hasn't started already then it will any min in Hertford. Expect heavy snow (5-10cm) mainly falling between 11pm and 1am.

Posted

The further West you are the Better, more dodgy if you were on the Essex/Herts border near Bishop Stortford for example.

Paul S

You are kidding me! I am in said town.:whistling:

Posted

It pains me to say this, but I have watched the radar loop for the last hour, and I think the main band MAY have reached it furthest point east. If you look closely it isn't really making much more northward progres, and the general movement is just to the west of north. This would echo what was expected as it starts to loop westward.

Either that or the sutton snow shield is working overtime!!!!

SS

Posted

If it hasn't started already then it will any min in Hertford. Expect heavy snow (5-10cm) mainly falling between 11pm and 1am.

C'mon St. Albans! Don't fail me now!:whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

JOOI I keyed in my old postcode in West Sussex… it' been snowing steadily there for 2 hours and apart from the first 1/4 hour has been getting 8 cm an hour, with at least another hour and a half to go so that makes it over 30 cms (possibly more) by tomorrow.

We had an elderly neighbour who was widowed a couple of years ago so I phoned her to check she was ok… I know she'll be completely snowed in for quite some time as we lived on top of a 1:7 hill. She insisted she'd be ok, but at least I tried :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

It pains me to say this, but I have watched the radar loop for the last hour, and I think the main band MAY have reached it furthest point east. If you look closely it isn't really making much more northward progres, and the general movement is just to the west of north. This would echo what was expected as it starts to loop westward.

Either that or the sutton snow shield is working overtime!!!!

SS

But isn't it supposed to pivot now so some of that heavier stuff heads our way?

Posted

Well, look out of the Window, Kay, I think this has come up from the channel, across the marsh...

yep, its very wet but its def snow!!

Posted
  • Location: Bishop's Stortford in England and Klingenmünster in Germany
  • Location: Bishop's Stortford in England and Klingenmünster in Germany

Paul S

! - hopefully not, though in any event the system does appear to be coming a little more east than thought. Nevertheless, expecting a little snow overnight, and the models look good for more tomorrow afternoon / evening. The GFS 12z has us progged for 20+mm PPN tomorrow. This can, however, equally refer to Stortford in Florida.