Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Hopefully the band can make it just a bit further north and a bit East otherwise I will be waking up to frost not snow!

Posted

Tim

all the snow so far has headed west as it has moved up surley this next band will do the same?

you are currently positioned 10 miles east of where the low is curving round but I suspect the low will shift 50 miles further east in the next hour bringing you into the equation. There is a heavy band to the south going.to hit you / me at around 1030 / 11pm. If that fails join me with your sledge 10 miles west in Stevenage tommorow lol! I have about 2/3cm so far but its getting heavier by the minute,

Posted

15cms and rising in Fleet. We are lucky enough to be slap bang on the conveyor coming N. Not seen snow like this in the Uk since Jan 87 when I was living in N Kent.

A real nowcast situ. Anyone fretting will I or wont I look at the radar www.raintoday.co.uk...........or take a spin down the M3 services (with chains, shovel, blanket and food)

Happy Days

Posted

The band moving up through Kent is just a brucie bonus I feel. However West Kent may still do VERY well from the main band tonight. Still deciding if it is stalling or still pushing EAST...Any ideas?

Have checked the level winds and its twisting nicely and in my opinion becoming very interesting, I am convinced based on live data and NOT charts that its moving further east that the models have shown to date.

Posted

Snowing lightly in MK, about 10mm settled in the back yard. H7 sounds clear as traffic still seems to be going at same speeds as usual.

More on the way, give it an hour!

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Very frustratingly I am in the warm core and it is sleeting now. Hopefully this won't last too long and we will be back in the cold zone soon.

Posted

Okay. Will look forward to Thursday then.

And I failed to add, Thursday, when I'm driving back from London.....

So I may try to delay the snow for 12 hours if that's OK with everyone in Norfolk (Suffolk and Essex). I promise I'll make it up on Friday ;);):cold::rofl:

Edited by NorthNorfolkWeather

Posted

Lets hope so!

Lucky you Saint, I take it its snowing in St. Albans, hopefully an unexpected snowfall for here ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

4cm of snow and now heavy rain ! Temperature up and down like a yo-yo between 0.4c and 2c

Thats the trouble with living on the coast!

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Have checked the level winds and its twisting nicely and in my opinion becoming very interesting, I am convinced based on live data and NOT charts that its moving further east that the models have shown to date.

We could get a couple of cm out of this! , i live south east of you ;)

Posted

I southern Eastern folk,

If it help's my local forecaster looked confident of a EAST bash towards Thursday for another LP effecting the East ..Developing in the North Sea.

;)

sorry might be old news...

Posted

Tim

all the snow so far has headed west as it has moved up surley this next band will do the same?

you are currently positioned 10 miles east of where the low is curving round but I suspect the low will shift 50 miles further east in the next hour bringing you into the equation. There is a heavy band to the south going.to hit you / me at around 1030 / 11pm. If that fails join me with your sledge 10 miles west in Stevenage tommorow lol! I have about 2/3cm so far but its getting heavier by the minute.

Who is gonna win Dan? Stevenage or Milton Keynes? Think you are winning at the mo lol!

Posted

Here on the southcoast in worthing, we have had sleet then snow but the last hour has just been rain, went for a drive, massive puddles on the ground, just wished it was snow. always was going be marginal right on the coast though unsure.gif

Posted

Lucky you Saint, I take it its snowing in St. Albans, hopefully an unexpected snowfall for here :cold:

It's been snowing for a few hours but mainly light snow so has only led to 2-3cm's, I have no idea what will happen later!;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

the bbc are now showing no snow for norfolk and suffolk for thurs or fri now either, surprise surprise. No snow here now for 20 years.

I find that hard to believe , unless ofcause they are pushing it more towards the south east?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

In ilford. It looks like we could get some.

Exciting stuff, we'll have to be patient!rolleyes.gif

Posted

It's been snowing for a few hours but mainly light snow so has only led to 2-3cm's, I have no idea what will happen later!:lol:

Well it does like its slowly shifting East, either I will be happy or upset tomorrow!

Posted

We could get a couple of cm out of this! , i live south east of you yahoo.gif

Neil, snowing lightly in Sandwich -- we never get any so just catching the tail end coming across the far se corner !! good.gif