Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

THUNDERSNOW

Heathfield E Sussex

:wallbash:

Well I did say watch out for Thundersnow 3 pages back - Some good Convection showing up along the South Coast now!

Posted

Heavy snow now.

Definitely more easterly movement from the radar - Central London looks to be squarely in the sights...

Posted

Any chance of low making inroads into EA into Cambridgeshire? I cant really tell at the moment

Posted

Hi,

Long time follower of this forum - first time post.

Thought I would update all on conditions in Bagshot, Surrey - been snowing freely for about an hour and a half (large flakes), now laying to depth of 3 inches.

Interestingly, had 5 or 6 extremely bright flashes overhead about 20 minutes ago - would this be lightening?

Thanks,

Jimbo

Posted

Who on earth said no snow on Thurs/Fri for Norfolk because this isn't what the latest fax charts suggest.

Having said this without blowing my own trumpet but it took the Met/BBC till 6pm to say what I said at 10am this morning!

Posted
  • Location: Bishop's Stortford in England and Klingenmünster in Germany
  • Location: Bishop's Stortford in England and Klingenmünster in Germany

you are currently positioned 10 miles east of where the low is curving round but I suspect the low will shift 50 miles further east in the next hour bringing you into the equation. There is a heavy band to the south going.to hit you / me at around 1030 / 11pm. If that fails join me with your sledge 10 miles west in Stevenage tommorow lol! I have about 2/3cm so far but its getting heavier by the minute.

Who is gonna win Dan? Stevenage or Milton Keynes? Think you are winning at the mo lol!

Heres a thing - the MetOffice "Invent" thing has just upgraded the eastern and northern extents, the intensity and the duration of the PPN now bringing the snow band up as far as a line Saxmundham - Bury - Safron Waldon - Stevenage - Luton by 0300 and then, give or take, it keeps going until 18.00. PPN intensities are not that being seen to the south and west - the 1 to 2 mm/per hour mark, so it would really be classed as 'light snow', but nevertheless, it looks like it is going to give us something.

Am I mistaken, but are some models returning now to the snow event pushing up from Belgium over the w/e? It seems to be getting more northerly on every run.

Posted

A few flakes starting to fall here, just west of Maidstone in Kent. Temp has risen from -2 to -0.3 in the last hour. Hopefully it won't get any higher now the snow has started.

Mark

Hoofing down now,wont be long to you :p

Posted

Who on earth said no snow on Thurs/Fri for Norfolk because this isn't what the latest fax charts suggest.

Having said this without blowing my own trumpet but it took the Met/BBC till 6pm to say what I said at 10am this morning!

What for? Was it the post you made for quite persistant snow tomorrow?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Main snow band just a few miles south of me in West Cambs - will it make it!!!

Worth waiting mate

Heavy heavy wet snow here

Talking to neighbour just now going to build a big snowman tomorrow (if cant get to work of course whistling.gif ) Our combine ages about 87

Just been out for a walk in it fantasic

Posted

*waves to mullet *

crisp and dry in essex i is then lol

:p *waves back*

Thought I saw a bit of blue on the radar about two pixels wide but it died just before it got here... :D

Posted

fairly sure the eastern edge of the band is going to be easily east enough now to cover large parts of essex