Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

temp falling now from a high of -1.0c, is now -1.6c DP -4c

Posted

23cm snow on average in the garden. Drifts upto waist height on my attempt at fell running over Holcombe Moor and up Bull Hill. The couple cross country skiing up there were having lots of fun!

Couple of snow flurries today.

The winds seems to be NNE, which gives too long a land track for the showers to get to NW England. If the wind strengthens a touch and veers to betweeen NE and E showers will get accross the hills, troughs/ streamers might give local areas a top up. Worth looking for anyway.

And if the stronger E'ly the METO are warning of for Sunday comes off, there will be more organised bands of snow.

Edited by Maz

Posted

St Bees heading for an ice day?!

http://www.metoffice...st_weather.html

Rather annoyingly, and quite surprisingly, it reached 0.8C here earlier this morning. -1.4C now though, under clear skies, albeit with snow falling some how!

Posted

Rather annoyingly, and quite surprisingly, it reached 0.8C here earlier this morning. -1.4C now though, under clear skies, albeit with snow falling some how!

Seems to be alot of chat on a breakdown next week which always indicates to me in the Northwest as lots of snow to start with ;) I have to admit i hate sunshine and clear blue skys and especially when its for days on end.

Forcasts everywhere seems to be very sketchy and breif atm, really interesting times ahead.

Posted

Seems to be alot of chat on a breakdown next week which always indicates to me in the Northwest as lots of snow to start with smile.gif I have to admit i hate sunshine and clear blue skys and especially when its for days on end.

Forcasts everywhere seems to be very sketchy and breif atm, really interesting times ahead.

I would say I am about 110% the opposite of that. Seen as I have snow on the ground I wouldnt care if it didnt snow again, as long as it doesnt melt. Sunny crisp winter days with snow on the ground are the best going, i'd take that over half an hours wet snow, turning to sleet and then to rain blown along by a gale anyday, especially when it will herald a return to drab mild muck.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

not had chance to check the temps, but defing falling rapidly as it's far colder than midday - been out taking more pics and found focussing trickier due to the cold

Posted

I would say I am about 110% the opposite of that. Seen as I have snow on the ground I wouldnt care if it didnt snow again, as long as it doesnt melt. Sunny crisp winter days with snow on the ground are the best going, i'd take that over half an hours wet snow, turning to sleet and then to rain blown along by a gale anyday, especially when it will herald a return to drab mild muck.

Maybe im a mild lover underneath my love for snow. I just like something happening i suppose rather than day after day of the same. If it snowed every day im sure that would start to get boring. I know, very hard to please iam :yahoo: :yahoo:

It looks from what i can gather that your going to be in your element with sunshine and blue skys all the way, Sunday might throw a blip, but their is indication that a breakdown will happen sometime next week, even if the met office really are not that confident in that happening, afew in the model forum are now suggesting that.

Whatever the weather, some very very good snowmen around these days, those art classes have done our kids good :) We have a snowman with a dog and a lead down the bottom of our street.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

severely rapid fall in temperatures here. On average falling -0.1C every 70 seconds. That is definitely the fastest fall I've ever seen in my life.

Almost certain to reach -10C tonight based on the current trend!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

well I said I would post some pics - hope you enjoy them

post-8860-12627921778352_thumb.jpg the hanging basket needs some attention

post-8860-12627922308252_thumb.jpg yes it is the sundial

post-8860-12627923114252_thumb.jpg queens park - heywood

post-8860-12627924030252_thumb.jpg 3 wise men

post-8860-12627924289552_thumb.jpg fancy a seat?

post-8860-12627924876952_thumb.jpg rochdale canal

right - I won;t bore you any more as I've taken about 100 pics today lol hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed taking them

V

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

severely rapid fall in temperatures here. On average falling -0.1C every 70 seconds. That is definitely the fastest fall I've ever seen in my life.

Almost certain to reach -10C tonight based on the current trend!

Stephen, not sure if my station is correct - as it's 1 and a half meters off the ground, but it's telling me it's -2.5c?

What's your temp?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

-1.3C at the moment, its possible its right, unless your sensor is covered by snow.

Posted

-1.3C at the moment, its possible its right, unless your sensor is covered by snow.

It's on top of some wood ontop of my grandad's snowman. :blink: No snow on it, or surrounding it!

Posted

-2.8c here now!!

Posted

When I dipped to -12.2C, on the morning of January 4th, it was already -3.8º by this time the evening before. Right now, however, it's just -2.0º.

I know there's a long time until dawn, but the air doesn't seem as cold to me, here, tonight.

Posted

Really not sure if this is correct but it feels bloody cold out!!

-3.3c outside!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)

any chance that streamer will come down from scotland?

Posted

-2.3C now apparently but theres still water dripping from the gutter so it cant be right!

Posted

-2.8c here at the moment. Dewpoint -5.0c. Clear skies with little or no wind.