Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

I JUST WATCHED THE BBC FORECAST FOR THE WEEKEND.

I THINK SHOVELS ARE GOING TO BE A WASTE OF TIME COME MONDAY IF THAT CHART HE POSTED FOR SUNDAY COMES OFF.

:rofl::rofl:

was that on news 24? bbc can be off some what with there broadcasts, and sometimes they conflict what there forecasts show online....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

:rofl:

:lol: I was thinking more along the lines of a steaming jungle

That'll give him something to moan about :rofl:

only joking BT :lol:

Edited by Spurry

Posted

I THINK SHOVELS ARE GOING TO BE A WASTE OF TIME COME MONDAY IF THAT CHART HE POSTED FOR SUNDAY COMES OFF.

clap.gifclap.gif

Please explain !?? whistling.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

:rofl::rofl:

Tell us more hd...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

currently - 6.3'c in Bacup - for some reason it has climbed fractionally from - 6.5'c 30 minutes ago.

not sure why as no cloud appears to have moved in.

i recorded exactly -10'c early on Monday morning - probably not a record for the town but the lowest i've been in a position to measure

can't see tonight beating that but i feel that if the ones in the know are to be believed then some records are going to go during the coming few days.

one thing is certain; it's been one hell of a cold snap.

we've had snow in the garden since December 18th and although we recieved less than most local areas during yesterday's fall still have around a 30cm depth and with no real signs of it thawing.

another feature of this spell compared to recent years and one which others on the board have touched on is the return of that 80's phenomena, icicles.

we have several hanging from the gutters and have had to break some of the more threatening ones already.

Ian

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

I SUGGEST YOU WATCH NEWS24 AT 9.55PM,ALTHOUGH SOMETImes it only is a short forecast.

the one i just watched has masses of snow acorss england and wales,and i mean MASSES.

That'll do for now mate - I'll catch up on the telly!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Uh oh...temp rising, go away cloud cover! :cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

I SUGGEST YOU WATCH NEWS24 AT 9.55PM,ALTHOUGH SOMETImes it only is a short forecast.

the one i just watched has masses of snow acorss england and wales,and i mean MASSES.

just seen it, yeah looks great for weekend

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Temp is now -3.6c - Why is it rising? Not a cloud in the sky!!

Posted

WOAH!:pardon:

I'll drink to that too - as long as it comes off! :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Temp is now -3.6c - Why is it rising? Not a cloud in the sky!!

Wind?

Posted

Its a clash of wether you either want the -15'c temps tonight (not going to happen with the encroaching cloud cover and slight wind) or this Polar-Low type feature coming out from Denmark heading our way.

I'd go for the Polar Low-like feature myself. Currently starting to hook nicely in the North Sea and only a few hours from making landfall off the East Coast. This will no doubt give a topping of 10-20cm where it hits, aswell as possible "Thundersnow" and Blizzard conditions for a time.

Posted

Its a clash of wether you either want the -15'c temps tonight (not going to happen with the encroaching cloud cover and slight wind) or this Polar-Low type feature coming out from Denmark heading our way.

I'd go for the Polar Low-like feature myself. Currently starting to hook nicely in the North Sea and only a few hours from making landfall off the East Coast. This will no doubt give a topping of 10-20cm where it hits, aswell as possible "Thundersnow" and Blizzard conditions for a time.

I thought that looked interesting not getting too much attention either here or in forecasts? can someone more knowledgable explain why?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

forecasts taking that feature over to east anglia and the SE, although it looks to be heading west unless its due to turn sharp the south, the development to the north is quite interesting with a cloud circulation taking shape and heading south...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Temperature really plummeting now, at an unbelievable rate, -4.2C now. -10C looks like it'll be warm come the morning!

Posted

forecasts taking that feature over to east anglia and the SE, although it looks to be heading west unless its due to turn sharp the south, the development to the north is quite interesting with a cloud circulation taking shape and heading south...

That answers my question too thanks....I have learnt over the past few weeks that when I think a system will go one way, the forecasts say another and the weather usually ends up....in neither of those places, on that basis the next few hours could be interesting...or am I getting over exited....again

Edited by chris78

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

and Manchesters -12C too :fool: