Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

I've been watching that as well and wondered when someone with some knowledge might mention it! If it develops more, do you think it might throw some precipitation in our direction?

as has been said before radar watching and nowcasting is the key with unusual synoptic set ups, snow events can occur at short notice hence why looking at models for ppn to far out is no good...

there is two systems one north of scotland and one to our east moving west from denmark

if current forecasts are correct it should start to head more to the south soon, or of course it has decided to plough through the north of england and the borders....

we can only wish as im sure both will miss us, they may deflect each other away

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Snow, Thunderstorms & Summer Plumes

Lets see how low Southport goes, my record is -7.0c - but I don't think Ill beat that tonight. More like...-6c perhaps - because the temp here is dropping slower than other coastal places at the moment! Current temp is -3.6c and slowly but gradually falling with clear skies...

Edited by chris93

Posted

as has been said before radar watching and nowcasting is the key with unusual synoptic set ups, snow events can occur at short notice hence why looking at models for ppn to far out is no good...

there is two systems one north of scotland and one to our east moving west from denmark

if current forecasts are correct it should start to head more to the south soon, or of course it has decided to plough through the north of england and the borders....

So are we looking at any tonight going by the current outlook?

Posted

So are we looking at any tonight going by the current outlook?

It is anyones guess mate, the nowcasting is the only way as something might happen, something might not happen. Im going to go with my gut feeling that nither will give the Northwest any snowfall, and its not been mentioned by anyone, especially the powers of be, but a snow event can come from nowhere, hit like a brick and leave us all scratching our heads in the morning wondering what happened.

Wait/See/Hope :drinks: Sunday seems to be our best bet.

Posted

Thanks, I thought I was imagining things - lets hope it keeps going towards the west - it's being very greedy really, we still have loads and that is being topped up by small showers every day.

Shadowfax

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

It went to -4.9c and now has gone to -4.6c. :drinks:

Posted

Does anyone know where the forecast PPN for Sunday is coming from? Is it showers off the Irish Sea or do we have a front incoming?

Cheers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

-6 here now dew point -8 cold.gif thats very cold very early for the coast, how low can it go.

Hi Mark, I was just about to post the same. Amazing!!!

Posted

-2.7 on the Isle of Man and dropping at a rate of about -0.3 every 15 minutes. About 1m ASL tease.gif

Had about 5in of snow Tuesday morning and non-gritted roads have turned to sheet ice-loving it!

Here's to the start (for us at least) of a lot more to come whistling.gif

Posted

Hi Mark, I was just about to post the same. Amazing!!!

[/q

I will see tomorrow morning at 6am what the car thermometer reads, i would think at least -8, especially if the skies stay clear and we have the added bonus of snowcover.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

-3.9c now....

wtf?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

Woodford weather station has obviously blown a gasket!!!.......now reporting -12.3 :) :)

Benson in Oxfordshire reporting -13.5c :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

-3.0C here, but still there will be very low minimas, even here

Posted

I'm no expert but after looking at sat24 i see a front from the north of scotland making its way sw and the front that past us yesterday now looks like joining up with the front to the east. If they all come together its gonna be a right mess.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

-5.5c with DP -8c

the last few winters at least have only produced around -2 or -3 at the lowest so not bad going for my location, and expect -7 by morning

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

-3.9c now....

wtf?

You'll soon be at +2c with Rain :):):)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

You'll soon be at +2c with Rain :rofl::rofl::rofl:

:lol: I was thinking more along the lines of a steaming jungle