Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

I'm going to start quoting temperatures in Kelvin, just to keep people on their toes.

Please don't Kelvin was always so mean to me at school :good:

Posted

To whoever this may concern,Hello, my name is Christopher O'Rorke and i'm a student at the University of Leicester and follow the weather keenly. To put it bluntly I am completely baffled by your constant plugging of 'Global Warming' or as you've now changed it to 'Climate change'. Aside from the obvious financial gain and media coverage your receiving I'm very confused why your making such a fuss about nothing. I'm very disappointed in the Met office jumping on the bandwagon of Al Gore and for also being caught trying to pay off scientists to agree with Climate change even though they didn't study this subject in particular.I would really appreciate a reply from you, which convinces me why Climate change is now a bigger issue than World Poverty and how this problem deserves more funding than solving world hunger. An estimated $10 billion is needed to solve the world's water problems but you and other brainwashing meteorologists are demanding that this money is spent on what is simply the earth's cycle! If I do not get a reply expect one from me in 5 years when your plugging 'Global Cooling'.Thankyou for your time.Chris.

This is an email ive just sent to the metoffice, haha had to get it off my chest!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

A chilly 267K here! :lol:

Posted

Seems like some good banter coming into this thread tonight! Good science principles by keeping it Kelvin, Mackerel Sky! How's the littl'un?

Full of wind, colic, whinging. They say it should pass after 3 months, I'm counting down the days - 17 to go. I didn't leave the house for four days between Christmas and New Year. Was hoping to do some work from home, but with the pitiful excuse of snow on the ground... well, although I have abstracts to write for some conferences and its a catch 22. I either stay at work at get disturbed constantly, or I come home, and get disturbed in a different way.

I might hire a lock up.

A chilly 267K here! :lol:

Entering into the Kelvin spirit. I like.

To whoever this may concern,Hello, my name is Christopher O'Rorke and i'm a student at the University of Leicester and follow the weather keenly. To put it bluntly I am completely baffled by your constant plugging of 'Global Warming' or as you've now changed it to 'Climate change'. Aside from the obvious financial gain and media coverage your receiving I'm very confused why your making such a fuss about nothing. I'm very disappointed in the Met office jumping on the bandwagon of Al Gore and for also being caught trying to pay off scientists to agree with Climate change even though they didn't study this subject in particular.I would really appreciate a reply from you, which convinces me why Climate change is now a bigger issue than World Poverty and how this problem deserves more funding than solving world hunger. An estimated $10 billion is needed to solve the world's water problems but you and other brainwashing meteorologists are demanding that this money is spent on what is simply the earth's cycle! If I do not get a reply expect one from me in 5 years when your plugging 'Global Cooling'.Thankyou for your time.Chris.

This is an email ive just sent to the metoffice, haha had to get it off my chest!

Get out the Redfearn and knuckle down to your studies.

Edited by mackerel sky

Posted

Full of wind, colic, whinging. They say it should pass after 3 months, I'm counting down the days - 17 to go. I didn't leave the house for four days between Christmas and New Year. Was hoping to do some work from home, but with the pitiful excuse of snow on the ground... well, although I have abstracts to write for some conferences and its a catch 22. I either stay at work at get disturbed constantly, or I come home, and get disturbed in a different way.

I might hire a lock up.

Aww, that's sounding like hard work, but I'm sure parenthood will reap its rewards in the long run. And a pretty awful time to have to do conference abstracts, do you have to do Powerpoints to go with them? Either way, best of luck to you, fella! :lol:

Posted

I agree....../signed

Posted

Aww, that's sounding like hard work, but I'm sure parenthood will reap its rewards in the long run. And a pretty awful time to have to do conference abstracts, do you have to do Powerpoints to go with them? Either way, best of luck to you, fella! :)

The conference abstracts are a delight really. Its all the other papers I should have written post-PhD that are the problem. But fatherhood is a treat. Other than the initial period of paternity leave, having an extended period off over Christmas makes me appreciate more what it is like during the week for my wife. I do the 'nightshift' on weekends. On that note I realise all is quiet and I need to bed.

I'll just quickly emphasise what I said earlier for anyone else... THOSE SHOWERS OVER LINCS/WASH ARE COMING INLAND... DOT-DASH-DASH-DOT-DOT... MIGHT GIVE AN INCH FOR RUTLAND AND EAST NORTHANTS... DOT-DASH-DASH-DOT-DOT-COUGH

Edited by mackerel sky

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

The conference abstracts are a delight really. Its all the other papers I should have written post-PhD that are the problem. But fatherhood is a treat. Other than the initial period of paternity leave, having an extended period off over Christmas makes me appreciate more what it is like during the week for my wife. I do the 'nightshift' on weekends. On that note I realise all is quiet and I need to bed.

Highs and lows as a parent eh? We had 4 children in 6 years, absolute chaos but oh my god so much fun!

Posted

Highs and lows as a parent eh? We had 4 children in 6 years, absolute chaos but oh my god so much fun!

Bloomin 'eck you must have been perma-pregnant. I'd have another, if time permits... both in our mid-30s now.

Posted

I'll just quickly emphasise what I said earlier for anyone else... THOSE SHOWERS OVER LINCS/WASH ARE COMING INLAND... DOT-DASH-DASH-DOT-DOT... MIGHT GIVE AN INCH FOR RUTLAND AND EAST NORTHANTS... DOT-DASH-DASH-DOT-DOT-COUGH

I hear you, they are going in the right direction but they just keep dying.

Posted

Pahh... thats positively mild for the Midlands.... :(

With snow cover, some remarkably low temperatures have been recorded, such as -25.2 °C at Shawbury, Shropshire on 13 December 1981 and -26.1 °C at Newport, Shropshire on 10 January 1982. This value at Newport is the lowest ever recorded in England.

that was the night the water pump froze on my car and the next door neighbours toilet waste pipe froze.

The coldest recorded temperature in England was -26.1 degrees C, 10 January 1982 in Shawbury Shropshire. The man who took the temperature was Mr Bill Burrell from Edgmond, near Newport in Shropshire.

Posted

Good old Benson down to -17c. Could be after Shawburys record later in the week. :(

I'm sure the met office would find some sort of reason to disregard a new 'low' record in this country lol! :(

Posted

I've developed some sort of a cold of late and I keep waking up. :pardon:

But I went to get some lemonade just a minute ago and thought I'd check the temp (knowing that it should get rather chilly). I can't remember the last time it was this low.

Current Temp: -14C :blink:

I'm pretty sure the cold has muckkered it up, but if I wake tommorrow and find that I can't open the garage, I can only assume it happened! :blush:

Posted

You sent that to the METO? Oh dear I feel embarrassed for you, I really do.

Posted

The coldest recorded temperature in England was -26.1 degrees C, 10 January 1982 in Shawbury Shropshire. The man who took the temperature was Mr Bill Burrell from Edgmond, near Newport in Shropshire.

only Shawbury caus its RAF Shawbury.....probably coder somewhere else just not verified

Edited by derby4life

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Very chilly this morning and my scool is shut again today. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Iv watched the midlands weather forecast this morning an thay are saying snow for this afternoon now for the mids . 2-5cm of fresh snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

There is a chance of a few light showers this evening and overnight.

I hope the PPN over the weekend gets upgraded as its hardly anything right now. Thankfully there is a good space for change yet.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

There is a chance of a few light showers this evening and overnight.

I hope the PPN over the weekend gets upgraded as its hardly anything right now. Thankfully there is a good space for change yet.

All the forecasts you watch are goin for heavy snow sunday , its only the gfs which says light but as we say every day , the ppn charts are a bag off balls any further than 24hrs out . We,v got snow to look forward to before that now anyway .