Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

wouldnt get your hopes up to be honest :)

Im not as usual. :)

Didnt really expect to see them tbh though. Perhaps a queue of them will develop? :)

Posted

Well the wind is stronger than it was in that NE flow before xmas isn't it? Thats got to help the showers get further.

West Midlands might still be that bit too far though.

Time will tell.

Posted

unblievable lollazy.gif some bloke on the bbc news channel just said that if it was,nt for global warming then this cold spell would have been much more severe. Why o why do they have to try and brainwash the public with their utter bullsh*t that global warming is the be all and end all ???? I wish they,d just come out and say "look we need some more money to waste on hairbrained ideas so we are gonna make you all pay extra tax" rather than ram all this G/W down our throatsmad.gif rant mode (OFF) crazy.gif

How the bloody hell do they know that?? It really makes me mad when they say ill thought out, flippant comments like that.

There can be NO way to ever back up that sort of comment!! :)

Posted

Well, if they were reach anywhere near Birmingham then they would most likely decay into nothing and the only thing they would do is push in cloud. So I don't want them anywhere near here unless they can bring something substantial to the table. The temps are dropping like a stone and just want things to stay clear and calm outside.

true, very little chance of them surviving with such a way to go yet. still though, plenty of other chances later in the week, hopefully :)

Posted

Snow was falling this morning until about 11am. The sun didnt come out till 12.30pm so there has been no thaw whatsoever! Currently -4.1c and dropping like a STONE! Fantastic day and I didnt expect to see any snow this morning so thank you Mr streamer im eternally greatful! Still 4 inches of snow here

Posted

I'll eat my hat if those showers from the NE reach us. :cc_confused:

Posted

WooHoo. After today's spell of snow I now have an inch of snow :cc_confused: The roads on my estate are a nightmare and I had to leave the car at the bottom of the road. Much better. Now for some major snowfall and extreme cold. Let's make this a cold spell to remember.

Ive just been out an measured the snow depth, Ive got over an inch of lying snow! well one inch and three sixteenths of an inch ( 1 3/16) or 30mm ( 3cm ) to be exact.

ive got a feeling that thats it for quite a while. The southern part of Derbyshire is too low to get the good stuff ( Trent valley ) too far west to get the stuff from the East, too far East to get the stuff from the West, too far South to get the Northern snow, and Too far North to get the stuff from the South on the rare occaision snow attempts to come from that direction, The most that my location seems to be able to get is the odd rogue shower.

Posted

Yes, i think that whatever happens now...we can all be well satisfied with this cold spell around this part of the West Midlands.

And to think that it all looked so bleak for us last weekend.

So next point of interest then...low temperatures. Can anywhere make negative double digits?

Posted

Well our mighty 3cm survived the sunshine; it's now -4 and very icy. Was surprised it didn't thaw where the sun got it, must have some true cold air at last! Still a letdown consderng how much they've got 30-odd miles away but better than I dared hope for 24 hours ago....

Posted

How the bloody hell do they know that?? It really makes me mad when they say ill thought out, flippant comments like that.

There can be NO way to ever back up that sort of comment!! nonono.gif

People like us understand this but joe public who gets brainwashed by the G/W drivvle and potters round in his Toyota Prius needs to be reassured by the ecoenvironmentalists that all severe weather is caused by us waming the planet up as they need muppetts like these to further there Bull sh**e campaign. I bet you any money that when we get the eventual thaw and people get flooded they'll start banging the G/W drum even louder grrrwallbash.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

No showers near here - hope we get something in the morning to cover up the ice a bit and make it less lethal out.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Wow, -8c already? My temperature has stalled at about -4.5c for some reason, must be some patchy cloud.

Posted

Well I am in a pretty elevated location it always drops quickly here, prob see the -10C tonight though. Also snowing very lightly.

Edited by golfstar71

Posted

-5.2c here, think we'll reach -7/8 here tonight, but i would be surprised if it got much colder than that. however, there is still a considerable amount of time for those temps to drop, as long as the pesky cloud stays away.

Posted

People like us understand this but joe public who gets brainwashed by the G/W drivvle and potters round in his Toyota Prius needs to be reassured by the ecoenvironmentalists that all severe weather is caused by us waming the planet up as they need muppetts like these to further there Bull sh**e campaign. I bet you any money that when we get the eventual thaw and people get flooded they'll start banging the G/W drum even louder grrrwallbash.gif

Totally agree mate, im surrounded by GW hype everyday, it really grinds my gears as peter griffin would say

Edited by Rorky_Lichfield

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Wow, -8c already? My temperature has stalled at about -4.5c for some reason, must be some patchy cloud.

-4.6C now, no cloud here,

Posted

Can anyone tell me how I can show my location and altitude??? Have looked at edit profile and just cannot see how to do it. Thanks in advance!

Posted

Well I am in a pretty elevated location it always drops quickly here, prob see the -10C tonight though. Also snowing very lightly.

where is your location?