Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Coming from Hampshire I almost qualify for this area,this morning on Radio 4 at 7 57 they said two things of passing interest one,that the showers had started earlier than expected,and two that they expected a more South Westerly track mentioning showers into Central Southern England,anyone have an opinion on this based on current conditions?

Posted

Is this it now or is this supposed to get worse because if not then once again somewhere in "the firing line" and prime location is going to get nothing, looking at the radar there doesn't seem to be anything other than a few patters here and there

I think we have had the lot for today. Like you I cannot see much coming down now from the North Sea. I hope I am wrong though.:whistling:

Posted

Dandruff PPN is back in South Woodham... very welcome, would like to keep the cloud cover for as much of the day as possible.

Earlier show which included 7 minutes moderate PPN didn't pull up any trees - gave about 0.5cm. This one won't add anything. Idea of 3-5 cm purported by some for this region way OTT. My suggestion of 1cm (three at the Eastern tip of Shoeburyness) looks favourite.

Atlantic, PS in Leigh on Sea reports 3cm in 45 minutes. With at least an opportunity for some more showers.

Edited by Hammer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

AFT What are you talking about!

Get in your car and drive East by about 5 Miles to Leigh On Sea - Have just had 3cm in 45 Minutes - You on the wind up or talking just about SWF??

lol, must be snow blind rolleyes.gif

Posted

Amazing shower this Steve

Had 3cm in 45 Minutes so your estimates are pretty good Mate!

Really chunky flakes and visibility at times is almost non existant!

Much more Snow filling in behind this atm

Not going into work now, and expect the kids will be sent home at Lunch time

I can report nothing like this in South Woodham just to your north. We got a smattering of moderate PNN but mostly dandruff. Really want to avoid sunny periods today so if we don't get snow would like to keep what we have under cloud cover! :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything and everything

AFT What are you talking about!

Get in your car and drive East by about 5 Miles to Leigh On Sea - Have just had 3cm in 45 Minutes - You on the wind up or talking just about SWF??

We are in Shoebury and in about 45 mins, we have had a good couple of cm's and one look at the radar and satellites show there will be alot more during the day this way.

Edited by eveeeinessex

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Nah, no danger, the houses have porches, so heads are protected. In my little Cul-De-Sac there are icicles on every east facing frontage. I wish i knew what the lowest temperature was here last night, i'm reckoning around -6.

I have been looking for that as well, reckon you are about right with the -6 estimate though.

Any idea what we can expect in MK snow wise for today, as usual there seems to be difference of opinion depending on who's forecast you listen to!

And what about Sunday/Monday are we in the fireing line for 'the beast from the East' too?

Posted

AFs talking out of his non-existent snow drift, take anything he sais with a handful of rock salt.. The Polar Low coming in is a substantial front.

:whistling:,whoop whoop

Posted

AFs talking out of his non-existent snow drift, take anything he sais with a handful of rock salt.. The Polar Low coming in is a substantial front.

Polar Low? Is it really?

Worse to come then?

Posted

Heavy blowing snow here in Iwade. Probably another cm in the last 25 mins. Blowing around a lot too off the roofs of the near by houses.

James

Posted

I'm the one living here, I know what's happened. I can measure what's laid on bare car. I'm sorry it's very little, but there you go. Micro climate effects perhaps?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder snow.

just starting to snow, Very light at moment.

Sky has that snow look to the north.

:whistling:

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Just starting to snow lightly here in centre of Tun Wells, sun still shining though.

My ears have just thawed out from walking 20 mins to work, serve me right for not wearing a hat.

Posted

Just started snowing here, SO much earlier than predicted, that low is really moving!

Gonna suck down some more from Scandinavia in its wake perhaps?? :whistling:

Edited by shark17

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, Snow in Winter

Note to Admins: To save trawling thorugh hundreds of pages today, is anybody able to provide a comprehensive breakdown on todays proceedings? Will the polar low develop?, PPN forecasts, timings, temps etc.

Would be really nice if this could be pinned to the top of each page also.

Thks in anticipation,

Shaun

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Is this it now or is this supposed to get worse because if not then once again somewhere in "the firing line" and prime location is going to get nothing, looking at the radar there doesn't seem to be anything other than a few patters here and there

If I lived in your area, I'd expect the chance of snow to be higher than where I live over the next 24 hours.

However, due to the unpredicability of the weather, who knows?smile.gif

Fingers crossed!

Posted

M20 Coast Bound Between Junctions 8 & 9

Reported: 07 January 2010 08:29

Description: Two lanes closed due to jackknifed lorry. Seperate to London Bound incident. Expect long delays.

Road name:

Type: Incident

Severity: High

Diversion route: None

Incident time: 07 January 2010 08:24

we have 1cm of snow 6 miles SW of the M20!! :wallbash: I think that is more to do with ice.