Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South Central England Cold Spell Discussion:

Posted

Very Orange sky over head and towards Portsmouth! But still waiting for anything to fall. looks full!

Temp 0.1c

EDIT: Light snow, with some rather big flakes now falling!

Edited by snowmania

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and more snow

Very Orange sky over head and towards Portsmouth! But still waiting for anything to fall. looks full!

Temp 0.1c

its snowing lightly in shanklin on the isle of wight!! good luck peoples!!! seems theres more precipitation appearing!!whistling.gif

Posted

its snowing lightly in shanklin on the isle of wight!! good luck peoples!!! seems theres more precipitation appearing!!whistling.gif

There is! Really starting to develop! And right on all our doorsteps! Good luck everyone!

Posted

I cant believe this, i just looked at the radar and from absolute nowhere snow has developed right over us and is now snowing quite nicely

yep thats what it will be all night !! keeps popping up everywhere!! like pin the tail on the donkey!!!! lets hope it continues!! i never doubted the bbc hahaoops.gif also that precipitation is gettting heavier!!love it!!snowing heavier!!drinks.gif

Edited by iowpompeylee

Posted

yep thats what it will be all night !! keeps popping up everywhere!! like pin the tail on the donkey!!!! lets hope it continues!! i never doubted the bbc hahaoops.gif

I hope so, some nice flakes too, where abouts are you on the Island and how much are u getting?

Posted

I hope so, some nice flakes too, where abouts are you on the Island and how much are u getting?

next door shanklin!! coming down more!!! if u look on weatherwatch on the rainfall radar!! the preciptation is growing on us!!! whistling.gif

Posted

next door shanklin!! coming down more!!! if u look on weatherwatch on the rainfall radar!! the preciptation is growing on us!!! whistling.gif

Yeh i noticed that too, i hadnt long got back from my dads and aunties party as there twins but nothing there in shanklin at like 10-pm

on raintoday the band is growing even bigger:D

Posted

Yeh i noticed that too, i hadnt long got back from my dads and aunties party as there twins but nothing there in shanklin at like 10-pm

on raintoday the band is growing even bigger:D

yep reall weird it just appeared from nowhere!! but im not complaining!!!drinks.gif hope it gets a bit heavier!! isle of wight has taken over the forum!!hahagathering.gif

Posted

LOL yup we certainly have, and i can confirm it is getting heavierdrinks.gifyahoo.gif

agreed mate!!it has !!theres precipitation everywhere!! but it looks heaviest on the iow!!! yahoo.gif

Posted

agreed mate!!it has !!theres precipitation everywhere!! but it looks heaviest on the iow!!! yahoo.gif

This might be a silly thing but im just wondering whether its the sea that makes the precip rate get a tad heavier, dont know why but it seemed to do that the other ay aswell.

Posted

Hi can we expect some too up here in Poole.

when i was watching the bbc weather earlier!!gave us all some !!you will get a covering!!poole amd bournemouth were under that blanket of snow they forecast!!! bbc weather on in 10 mins on bbc 24rolleyes.gif

Posted

incredible scenes here! after the darts i'd given up - why? looking at the radar (and i wait for the next update) precip seems to be developing. who's still up? (i'm trousered now, though

Edited by A horse called man

Posted

incredible scenes here! after the darts i'd given up - why? looking at the radar (and i wait for the next update) precip seems to be developing. who's still up? (i'm trousered now, though

im still up!! watched it come from nowhere!!!just need to fick up a gear!!!and stay with us for as long as poss!!! is it snowing your end>??? getting heavier on the iowwhistling.gif

Posted

im still up!! watched it come from nowhere!!!just need to fick up a gear!!!and stay with us for as long as poss!!! is it snowing your end>??? getting heavier on the iowwhistling.gif

yes! i'm so p1ssed i can't tell! christ, help! i'm awaiting the next radar update!

Posted

Has anyone had snow lying from the light overnight precipitation??

Nothing more on the ground here in north hampshire -- temp is now +1c and there seems to be a gradual thaw going on. All very weird. :)

Lots and lots of snow still on the ground, but I have to say I prefer the cold, clear dry weather we've been having to this mild, dull drizzly stuff.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

Morning everyone,

Kiwi - I think we've had a small amount overnight; it's covered our path again with about .5cm.

Loved reading everyone's posts esp IOW ones.

It's started snowing very gently in Horndean with small flakes; similar to yesterday evening.

Posted

Morning all. Woke up a little disappointed that this didnt come off quite as expected. was really hoping to see at leats a slight covering here, but alas nothing. i see it broke apart for us in the middle and then reformed over the sw. any idea what the threat is like for today?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

Morning southernskies - not sure about today, far SW are getting heavy snow but doubt that will work its way to us. Seems to be a lot of disagreement regarding the weather forecasts from BBC etc so I'm just chilling out (literally!) and keeping an eye on outside. Had very light sleety stuff on and off now so can't see it amounting to much.

Posted

having just stuck my head in the other threads etc, its seems that our saving grace COULD be a development moving east from the low countries, however the extent of any precip and development of this is still being highly debated. one to watch, but it seems that this was indeed a complex situation to predict and not everyone got it right. Fair play to the meto for attempting to get this forcats, because simply, they have no choice. they are unable to sit back and say 'no forcasts for today as we dont know'. they have to say something. it seems that maybe this little cold snap is broken for now, but time will tell

Posted

well what a dissapointment when i woke this morning !!!

i am right in saying that this snow that was supposed to "sweep the counrty" is the stuff over wales now ???

well so much for it sweepin the counrty lol looks to me as if it went a lot further south than was progged ????

Posted

Not sure Coxxy - I know that Devon/Cornwall are getting hammered at the moment and the south east haven't got what was predicted - we seem to have a blank here in the middle! Very very fine on/off sleet and drizzle here in Horndean.