Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

On my weather station, at 8.19am it recorded lowest for the day -6.9, Highest has been 0.1 now currently -2.4!

Wind last night said N + SE (average and Current) still the same this morning I thought It had frozen so i went out and got the snow off it, but it went back to the same about 5 mins later. Now it is on SE (Average and Current) IS this right?

Posted

Snowing here quite heavily for last 10 minutes, surprised as not much on radar! Dont expect it to last long. :help:

Posted

Sundays' SE Pasting that could be possible............................

Is this the "don't panic" event that was on last weeks Country Tracks??? Just 2 days later than first thought???????

I'm kind of hoping this delivers big time. If it doesn't, then these once in a lifetime synoptics will have failed to match even my Feb'91 yardstick for how decent this winter has been for our area. Fingers crossed.

Posted

Just nabbed that site you mentioned there neilsouth, thx , havent got many weather sites that are this in depth, I say bring back Feb 09 ( 8 inches worth ) and more !!!

Edited by xentrix

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

North kent is going to get pounded

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Faversham , whitstable , herne bay , canterbury and along the north kent coast.

Posted

Snowing here quite heavily for last 10 minutes, surprised as not much on radar! Dont expect it to last long. :help:

Pah!:help:;)

I notice how the wind has picked up today and is starting to blow the snow around.

Edited by saint

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

PPN off the Suffolk coast really seems to be pepping up and intensifying now ! Looks like it came out of nowhere too laugh.gif

I think now the wind is veering round a bit more then we will see more of this this evening/tonight - BBC and meto deffo going for more heavy showers tomorrow AM too

Edited by i luv snow

Posted

Down to freezing point now..and the wind is up to 22mph..but still n/nw. just a few grains out of a grey sky..at the moment it looks to be Lincolnshire getting the snow

Edited by clactongaz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

Blimey, for a minute there the Test match in Cape Town distracted me! Almost as nerve wracking as this snow watching, getting more dark clouds over West London now :help:

Posted

Pah!:help:;)

I notice how the wind has picked up today and is starting to blow the snow around.

Yes it has. Snow here now turned very fine.

Sky news showed earlier that Sunday is going to be another whiteout. Do we have any idea on depths? Have to go back to work Sunday in Stevenage :help:

Posted

Powdery snow falling in Waltham Abbey now for the last 10 minutes...wind had picked up too.

Don't expect too much else to happen tonight, unless that low throws something unexpected at London/Essex later?!?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Blimey, for a minute there the Test match in Cape Town distracted me! Almost as nerve wracking as this snow watching, getting more dark clouds over West London now rolleyes.gif

I was watchinng that too, haha, England do like to make a game of it sometimes dont they....phew

Edited by Essexgooner

Posted

Hmmm. Those temps look a little high for my liking in some parts of our region.

Prob the GFS underestimating the cold pooling (hopefully) or that could be marginal for coastal districts.

Posted

Here we go boys. Looking longer term. Thr East wind is with us up till Wednesday next week, then it goes into a south Easterly direction.Then the high slips back to the north again, and this reopens the Easterly door again...its not looking good...for salt supplys. Anybody have views on a south easterly. I know europe is in the same cold snap, but what about snow fron that direction ????

Posted

Lots of dark clouds out in the sea towards France, this in the opposite direction over the snow covered beach. :cold:

Lovely pic!

Posted

Hmmm. Those temps look a little high for my liking in some parts of our region.

Prob the GFS underestimating the cold pooling (hopefully) or that could be marginal for coastal districts.

looks very marginal on coasts, and GFS still giving very week ppcn, which wot help with the marginalty. could really be a non eventwallbash.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

The reports from Hertford and Waltham abbey prompted me to call home from City (where I have an office with no window outside!). Looks like we had that very brief spell of fine snow as well. Didn't expect that and won't expect anything more really for the next 24 hours...