Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

And stopped! :clap: agree its a tad chilly though!!

Hasn't here. Another batch hitting Peterborough in 20mins.

Good covering now and can barely make out the grass.

Posted

bullet_29.gif No Let-Up In Sight

Added : Thu 7 January : 15:08 BST

The bitterly cold spell of weather looks like it is here to stay for many days yet as high pressure now builds over Scandinavia, keeping all the Atlantic weather systems - that usually help us to stay mild - well at bay. We're expecting biting easterly winds to develop over the next few days, bringing more snow to some places and further severe frosts.

<snipped>

Who does the forecasts on Metcheck these days?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

Just a quick one. Where in N/W London has got the best snow for sledging? I was very impressed with Hanger Hill Park. Anyone know what Parliament Hill is like at the moment? Thinking of dragging some snow starved Brixton friends up there Friday night.

You might try the park in Hendon NW4, great slope. Used to go there when smaller. One of the entrances is off Greyhound hill. I'm not local to there now, maybe someone on here will confirm if the snow is good..

Have fun :clap:

Posted

a ten minute shower at half four bought 1cm of snow which has stuck everywhere...at last we are white like the rest of the country albeit not as deep :clap:

Posted

You might try the park in Hendon NW4, great slope. Used to go there when smaller. One of the entrances is off Greyhound hill. I'm not local to there now, maybe someone on here will confirm if the snow is good..

Have fun :clap:

Cheers mate

Posted

You lucky so and so!!!!! Not even a flake here :clap:

Thats just cruel...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Sky forecast must of changed then because earlier the Sunday snowfall was as far N as the Lincs based on the graphics.

In my opinion, it would be very unlikely that a general band of snow would extend from the south and cover all of England as far north as Lioncolnshire, without consequence - I'd then expect southern England to then get sleet / rain, then milder drizzly type weather.

Posted

i have given up on the snow now for the rest of this cold spell. too many uncertianties. time for a rest from net weather i think.

Posted

Hmmmmm, I wonder if any of those showers, currently heading in from the wash, will be potent enough to reach MK?

Posted

Have fun :cold:

ally pally mate. steeper than parliament hill.

Posted

That was in reference to tomorrow mate.

But yeah can see the same thing happening this eve.

I think a Thames streamer is unlikely now. The next few hours will reveal all. Maybe a streamer of sorts down the Suffolk/Essex coast and parts of Kent.

Sky or BBC not even mentioning anything of note this evening. Flurries here and there according to them.

Ah fair enough - serves me right for working while reading this forum :D Anyway I'm hoping the snow's sat nav takes it down the A12 then the A130 then the A127 back to Southend :cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Phil Avery on BBC just showed a chart for sunday and it had snow widespread over southern England and east Wales, with the heaviest in the SE. Game on?

Edited by danm

Posted

Hmmmmm, I wonder if any of those showers, currently heading in from the wash, will be potent enough to reach MK?

If they do remain potent enough then they are more likely to hit Northants.

Posted

i have given up on the snow now for the rest of this cold spell. too many uncertianties. time for a rest from net weather i think.

know how you feel :cold:

Posted

Latest BBC Forecast looks good for this region on Sat Night/Sunday. With winds more Easterly by then, snow should cover a good deal of the region

Posted

Current temp -1 with a dew point of -6.3 (according to nearest weather station), with a light WNW wind blowing.

Posted

Just seen N24 weather. Nothing of note in Norfolk until Sunday and even then its dodgy. I have problems believing that this will happen as Philip Avery says. Any thoughts on this?:cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, Snow in Winter

Snowing in gravesend North West Kent

Very fine snow here in Shorne also, it has already covered the ground and cars. Nothing showing on radar

Posted

Phil Avery on BBC just showed a chart for sunday and it had snow widespread over southern England and east Wales, with the heaviest in the SE. Game on?

Totally game on IMO

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

Yep, Sky have been bigging that up today, could be a cracker. Must try to find a sledge :pardon:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

I'm gonna stick my neck out and make a bold prediction here... I think that by mid week next week things will be slowly warming up. Yes...a premature end to the cold spell is what I'm predicting for the area. I have this feeling that, in spite of what the models are saying, the cold is not going to get a vice like grip on us and will be more susceptible to a renewed onslaught from the Atlantic than perhaps the models are suggesting.

I expect to see the models get in agreement with this over the weekend. But after mid next week that will be that as far as the type of winter we've been enjoying goes, though there may well be the odd marginal event stretching into March.

Not what I want, but what I feel is happening.