Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

So it appears the radar doesn't show up snow showers that are fine/dandruff-y? Even this when it's as cold as of late settles and mounts up so I still have hope smile.gif

Or could it be very dry snow isn't detected? We need a new radar! :clap: Back to lamp post watching then - we need a network of web cams staring at lamp posts :unsure:

Posted

Do any of these slopes have floodlights?! acute.gif

Oakhill Park in East Barnet is a fantastic spot to try. Right on the edge of London so less affected buy the heat island unlike places like Ally Pally/Parliament Hill.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Very heavy drifting powdery snow here now!

Crikey! Nothing here at moment.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Lovely orange sky here though :unsure:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Currently snowing in Norwich despite nothing on the radar!

Is that the NW radar you're referring to or all of them?

I've got this sort of feeling too, although I feel the cold might re-establish itself after a short interval.

Forecasts are indicating a slow thaw starting Monday, then a dip below OC later in the week.

See they are pushing those southerly jet streams further north as well, though I am not yet ready to say RIP winter 2010.

Posted

Crikey! Nothing here at moment.

Should be coming over your way, Ive noticed today that the showers are following the course of the River Colne and go out towards Rowhedge!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Cant find any straws to clutch for London zones 1-3 at all, we have to wait until tuesday to get a direct easterly feed and get the convection piling in up the estuary - but by that time the marginal air will be just creeping over us and with the urban afterburners fired up we'll probably get sleet/rain.

Pretty much a disaster for here, given that we'll probably have to wait another 50 years for these synoptics, 5cms is very forgetable in what should be memorable synoptics :cray:

Do you have any lying snow? Im in zone 4 and have about 2 inches of the stuff.

Posted

Snowing in Folkestone...

Stop the press I may just see a dusting if this current shower stays over me for more then a few mins :cray:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, Snow in Winter

Think those within 10 miles of the Thames each side will catch some activity tonight. Already there are mainly light showers heading more towards the Dartford Bridge. As some of the experienced guys keep saying "ignore the Media hype, look out the window".

Probably get more snow tonight than at the weekend, I've a thinking this is just sensationalism.

Posted

Strange noise at the beginning of the pre recorded forecast on the BBC weather site. It sounds like a ghost! LOLtease.gif

i just had a look on there and the pre recorded had disapeard .spooky

Posted

ridiculously light snow here in Dover... is that set to change tonight? Meteox radar shows the snow just clipping us. but Metoffice radar predictions shows more of it :/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, Snow in Winter

Colchester, Harwich,Felixstowe,woodbridge and Ipswich should all be seeing snow now...

Posted

Stop the press I may just see a dusting if this current shower stays over me for more then a few mins :cray:

lol spoke too soon! Looks to be easing up.

Fed up and logging off

Good luck everyone with getting more or getting some........... :D

Posted

Anyone in Norfolk that has been as frustrated with the amount of snowfall so far? Seems like we were set up for a exceptional day with the morning snow, but it looks like it will end with only a few showers over the next 48 hours. Still will see what local weather says.:cray:

Posted

i have an idea that with all the bad weather and money spent on salt and road clearing ,that the goverment is making cutbacks and making the bbc record their pre recorded stuff on DV taped bought from Ron Jeremy ;) hence reason for unusual noise on weather broadcast

Edited by simon65

Posted

Wind here is now NNE so that band currently streaching from Ipswich- Harwich should follow the coast down to me , i think ???cc_confused.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

Not had a flurry in a while but the radar is getting me lampost watching in case.

Have you all seen this? http://www.newsbiscuit.com/2010/01/07/britain-struggling-to-cope-with-blanket-weather-reporting/

Posted

Anyone in Norfolk that has been as frustrated with the amount of snowfall so far? Seems like we were set up for a exceptional day with the morning snow, but it looks like it will end with only a few showers over the next 48 hours. Still will see what local weather says.;)

Yea pretty much . . . have about 2cm here although kids did get a day off and will prob be off tomorrow too. Would have been nice to see a little more considering what over people have . . on the plus side though our melt wont take as long so we are more likely to get out of this with all bones still intact.

Janet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Heavy snow in Ipswich at the mo, first little batch of a big cluster of showers heading in from the N.S !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Anyone in Norfolk that has been as frustrated with the amount of snowfall so far? Seems like we were set up for a exceptional day with the morning snow, but it looks like it will end with only a few showers over the next 48 hours. Still will see what local weather says.;)

Yes slightly disappointed in Norwich, most of the showers headed out west of here and it ended up mainly cloudy with the low on top of us. Still plenty of time though- plenty of showers out there in the North Sea to be unleashed when the low gets out of the way.