Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

If it makes you feel better... I reckon Nottingham will see some snow showers later from that lot over East Yorkshire at the moment. Don't hold me to that though :)

Andy, have you seen how those showers are dying out on their way down! There's not a snowflake's chance in Hell (or Nottingham) that they'll get here! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

wallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gif

post-8050-12629577045552_thumb.gif

post-8050-12629578143452_thumb.gif

post-8050-12629578224552_thumb.gif

post-8050-12629578309452_thumb.gif

Posted
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)

Personally I'd have preferred the snow this weekend and then a return to 'normal' weather rather than hanging on to the cold which just means whatever we have at the moment is just looking shabby :) I don't like the black snow we have at the side of the roads :)

Posted
  • Location: Sedgley / Dudley - West Midlands - 757ft (219m) asl
  • Location: Sedgley / Dudley - West Midlands - 757ft (219m) asl

oh bugger - no significant snow for the foreseeable future.................................unknw.gifunknw.gifunknw.gifunknw.gif

Posted

No word of a lie... It is actually hammering it down now, if anyone has the net weather radar type in LE3 and see how lucky I have just been laugh.gif Maybe it's a present from the snow gods because I had a tooth out haha.

Kingsway?? No way?? LOL I live a road off Kingsway, you know where Fernhurst Road is? That road above Ravenhurst primary school? I can't believe they didn't grit it either, my road is a death trap, most cars can't make it up here.

My in laws live on Fernhurst Road lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

I honestly wouldn't worry about Sunday, the Met have downgraded it but it's just temporary IMO, the GFS has stuck to its guns for days and clearly shows that there will be PPN around for the Midlands on Sunday, and anyway the wind direction is perfect for snow showers to feed in from the Wash area and Skeggy way... I would put good money on there being snow in the East and West Midlands on Sunday, real good money.

The reason Met have given the warnings for the south and south west is because they will probably get snow from a more organised band, I expect we will get snow from showers feeding off the coast, should still be good though, trust me on this.

Posted

The 06z GFS is still showing a significant amount of pptn pushing in to the Midlands, so, what's made the MetO remove their weather warnings?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

Personally I'd have preferred the snow this weekend and then a return to 'normal' weather rather than hanging on to the cold which just means whatever we have at the moment is just looking shabby laugh.gif I don't like the black snow we have at the side of the roads laugh.gif

Yeah, I wud agree with you in principle, alls I need is 4" and I will be satiated (not really- but enough to shut my trap! lol!!) I'd feel like I got a bit, y'know? Then when the milder air comes, its all cool. The icy sidewalks I mean pavements, are quite hellish, especially walk my manic staffy hahaha!! laugh.gif But its like being a little kid at a huge christmas party and santas givin out prezzies, and Im in the back still waiting for mine!! I just need one good dumping of snow and I'll be happy as a pig in snow biggrin.gif

Posted

Alls I need is 4" and I will be satiated (not really- but enough to shut my trap! lol!!)

Please rephrase sentence! :clap::oops:

Also not seen the word satiated in a while, very eloquent! :good:

All we can do is hope for the weekend... :oops:

Edited by butler_son

Posted

Andy, have you seen how those showers are dying out on their way down! There's not a snowflake's chance in Hell (or Nottingham) that they'll get here! :good:

and if I am right and you see a few flurries in a few hours will you say...

"I Zac Efron was completely wrong and Andy was right" :oops:

Please rephrase sentence! :good::oops:

Also not seen the word satiated in a while, very eloquent! :good:

All we can do is hope for the weekend... :clap:

LOL!!! Lets not talk about Crimson and her satisfaction of 4"

This is an all ages website :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

hope your right andy about sunday, but I've had my doubts about ppn, as the pressure just seems too high this far north, so not really any ppn

Posted

and if I am right and you see a few flurries in a few hours will you say...

"I Zac Efron was completely wrong and Andy was right" :clap:

You're on, young 'un! :good: We will not get any snow! NG7 Snow Shield is powered up to the max!

And the showers are starting to come from a more northerly direction, so more chance for them to die out! :oops:

LOL!!! Lets not talk about Crimson and her satisfaction of 4"

This is an all ages website :oops:

I think I know what it feels like to be Coast in the Banter Thread now... :good:

Posted

Please rephrase sentence! pardon.gifwhistling.gif

Also not seen the word satiated in a while, very eloquent! good.gif

All we can do is hope for the weekend... mellow.gif

rofl.gifoops.gif LMFAO!!! Dont get me started hun hahaha +ahem+ let me rephrase that-

All's I need is for it to snow 4" on the ground in my backyard- er, back garden, and not turn into rain, or sleet, or cats and dogs, any other type of preciptitation Mother Nature wants to throw at me, --just good solid SNOW--and I need it to stay there for 2 days.

biggrin.gif

Posted

The reason I think the Midlands will do well on Sunday is because of this...

Rrea00120090202.gif

That was the start of the Feb event that eventually gave us 5 inches here in Leicester.

It is more or less identicle to the wind direction we are going to have on Sunday.

Rtavn602.png

and I remember on the 2nd of Feb we got 3-4cm here from continious snow showers alone.

Posted

rofl.gifoops.gif LMFAO!!! Dont get me started hun hahaha +ahem+ let me rephrase that-

All's I need is for it to snow 4" on the ground in my backyard- er, back garden, and not turn into rain, or sleet, or cats and dogs, any other type of preciptitation Mother Nature wants to throw at me, --just good solid SNOW--and I need it to stay there for 2 days.

biggrin.gif

Good girl! :good:

There's an American exchange student who I've got friendly with, from upstate New York. One of the questions she asked was if it snowed in winter. I told her it's usually after January. As it happens, she doesn't like snow (telling us in December that it had already snowed back home and hoping that it wouldn't here). Irony - one of the coldest and snowiest winters in the UK for ages! I'll rub it in when she's back from travelling round the country and Europe tomorrow... :wacko:

Posted

snow will be heavy in Places.....and will t stretch maybe up to Manchester...according to J.Hammond's map..

N24...Will cause disruption

Edited by dogs32

Posted

The February event was brilliant :wacko: If I remember correctly we had snow on the Tuesday (and I made it in to work) but we had even more on the Thursday/Friday (and I never made it in to work). What are the comparisons like on the 500hPa charts Andy? I'm being too lazy to look.

Posted

The February event was brilliant :wacko: If I remember correctly we had snow on the Tuesday (and I made it in to work) but we had even more on the Thursday/Friday (and I never made it in to work). What are the comparisons like on the 500hPa charts Andy? I'm being too lazy to look.

Agreed mate :good: Was awesome, thats the good thing about almost straight Easterlys for Leicester is that the showers pile in from the Wash area.

Well on the 500hpa charts it's similiar but there is more high pressure close by on the one for Sunday than the one last Feb. I don't think that will make any difference though, as long as there is PPN on that East coast around the Wash or Skeggy area with that wind direction then a lot of the Midlands will see showers.

Posted

Something I've noticed looking at the radar, is that an English Channel Snow Streamer hitting the Cotentin Peninsula of France? Looks pretty good for those in places like Cherbourg or the Channel Islands!

I guess I should put this somewhere more general than the Midlands thread! :)

Posted

Something I've noticed looking at the radar, is that an English Channel Snow Streamer hitting the Cotentin Peninsula of France? Looks pretty good for those in places like Cherbourg or the Channel Islands!

I guess I should put this somewhere more general than the Midlands thread! :)

BS i'm telling ya man, those showers are on a b-line for Notts. Tell ya what, lets raise the stakes... We both have long-ish hair... Whoever ends up being wrong has to shave it all off :):)

Posted

Good girl! clap.gif

There's an American exchange student who I've got friendly with, from upstate New York. One of the questions she asked was if it snowed in winter. I told her it's usually after January. As it happens, she doesn't like snow (telling us in December that it had already snowed back home and hoping that it wouldn't here). Irony - one of the coldest and snowiest winters in the UK for ages! I'll rub it in when she's back from travelling round the country and Europe tomorrow... spiteful.gif

No Way!! My parents live in upstate New York!!! They deal with FEET of snow, and sub zero temps as a norm. I dont know if you know Farenheit (you might be a bit young blush.gif ) but on average the night is Jan-Feb average at about 0--10F and the day is about 18--25F thats like -10 to-20C at night on AVERAGE and about -10 to -6C as daytime highs! THEN in summer, they get MEGA SUPER STORMS!!! and 30C+ heat!!! I love it!!

Can you believ the one year I went to visit them in January, it didnt snow once, and there was no snow on the ground either, and instead it freezing rained, and my mum said that in the 110 years they lived there, they never witnesses that before... maybe I'm the snow sheild!! cray.gif (runs off crying..)

woops!! oops.gif I meant in the 10 years they lived there not 110!

Edited by Crimson_Sprite

Posted

BS i'm telling ya man, those showers are on a b-line for Notts. Tell ya what, lets raise the stakes... We both have long-ish hair... Whoever ends up being wrong has to shave it all off :) :)

Well, I'm gonna get it cut soon, so that'll be a bit of a redundant one! It'll be a blessing to get rid of it, so I'd be hoping you're right!

However, to see you with short hair would be absolutely cracking! :)

And you quoted the wrong post, you noggerhead! :)

Posted

Well, I'm gonna get it cut soon, so that'll be a bit of a redundant one! It'll be a blessing to get rid of it, so I'd be hoping you're right!

However, to see you with short hair would be absolutely cracking! :)

And you quoted the wrong post, you noggerhead! :)

Trust me, short hair on me looks CRAP! Having long hair is the only thing that makes me look half decent :)

If Notts doesen't get snow from those showers I may just cry :)